Why is "Becky" the Universal name for White Girl

luvdaboom

Banned
yall know as soon as someone says "becky" we think of White girl. What about Lily, Penelope, Heather? Is there an universal name for a black girl??

You hear the name BECKY, be honest.:lol:

The first thing that pop's into your head is a white girl just like if you hear the name LaQuisha, you gonna picture a black girl.
Becky was a common name for white girls back in the day.
I'm sure there are some out there but I have never met or been introduced to a black girl that was nammed Becky in my life...............:lecture:
I have met a ton a white girls named Becky growing up.

Molly would make you think of one as well. What black girl do you know have that name? :lol:

Last edited:
I don't know. I know I used to call every asian person Quan Li (male) and Quan Li Ann (female.)

I thought "Shaniqua" was the universal Black girl name.

Last edited:
I thought "Shaniqua" was the universal Black girl name.

Actually i think Laquita is the universal black girl name. I only knew one Shaniqua, but i knew a TON of Quitas. :lol:

Molly would make you think of one as well. What black girl do you know have that name? :lol:

I had a black high school friendgirl who's nick name was Molly, that is what her family and everyone else called her. :lol:

I know a black Becky...

I suppose a more suiting name for a common country white girl would be Becky-Sue...or Anne-Marie...or Mary-Ann...or some hyphenated name (which, ironically seems to be prevalant among new age Black girl names)

Here's a list of common white girl names IMO...

Molly

Amy

Claire

Emily

Katie

Madeline

Katelyn

Emma

Abigail

Carly

Jenna

Heather

Katherine

Caitlin

Kaitlin

Holly

Allison

Kaitlyn

Hannah

Kathryn

Here's a list of common black girl names IMO

Imani

Ebony

Shanice

Aaliyah

Precious

Nia

Deja

Diamond

Asia

Aliyah

Jada

Tierra

Tiara

Kiara

Jazmine

Jasmin

Jazmin

Jasmine

Alexus

Raven

Yeah, its the universal name. Hell, even the other race folks know it. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw a commercial and the white chicks names was....you guessed it! BECKY. :lmao:

I know black Rebeccas, the difference is they are called/referred to as Rebecca and not Becky for short. White folks are quick to put "EY/EI" on the end of a name and make it a nick name. Like if I came from a white fam, i'm sure the family would've called me Crissy for short. :lol: glad i'm black.

Stereotypical black female names tend to start with "Sha" and end with the letter "a".

I used to refer to white girls as "Heather".

I know a couple of Rebecca's, but like Xhale has pointed out, they don't go by Becky.

Biff is the universal white boy name.

Tyrone or Leroy are the universal brotha' names.

Shaniqua is the universal black name.(hell anything ending in -sha)

Maria is the universial hispanic female.

Jose is the universal hispanic male.

Growing up in the Bahamas, where just about EVERYBODY there is black, I came across all kinds of seemingly cross-racial names.

Black Cathy's, Leroy's, Stanley's...not too many white folks though. I knew a white Wayne...but that name can go across the racial boundaries cause I have a late cousin named Wayne as well...

I done went and made myself sad now.

Happy "those poor turkeys" day yall...

:(

Back