Why I probably won't get the iPhone 5

Antroy

IPhone 5: Can't talk and surf at same time on Verizon or Sprint

By Salvador Rodriguez
This post has been updated. See the note below for details.

September 13, 2012, 4:33 p.m.

The AT&T version of the iPhone 5 has one feature Verizon and Sprint versions don't: It can make calls and connect to the Internet at the same time.

The Verge reported Thursday that Verizon and Sprint versions of the new Apple smartphone are unable to perform both tasks at the same time.

A Verizon spokesperson confirmed this to the tech site while Sprint spokeswoman Heather Wong has confirmed the same to the Los Angeles Times.

Wong said the Sprint version of the iPhone 5 can't make calls and connect to the Internet at the same time over LTE, but she did say people can talk and use the Internet if connected over Wi-Fi.

http://www.latimes.com/business/tec...one-5-verizon-sprint-20120913,0,7357075.story
----------------------------------------------------------------------
First, I can't even believe there wasn't a thread created about the announcement of the iPhone 5 on Wednesday. There wasn't a lot of hoopla around it from other sites, as far as I can tell, either.

There is no good reason why Apple chose to do this. The other LTE phones on Verizon's network can make calls and surf at the same time. Why did Apple choose to handicap the iPhone 5 like this? I was really looking forward to getting the iPhone but as specs kept coming out, it started looking bleak (they still haven't said if the iPhone 5 is dual core or quad core).

There is nothing really keeping me tied to my iPhone now. iOS6 might be good but Android keeps getting better. I might be going back to the world of Android in a few weeks.

LOL, Apple gave up on innovation and said to hell with it. Well, they are at least catching up to where Android was about 2 years ago. And to tell you the truth I don't see the big hoopla about talking and surfing at the same time. My Evo LTE can do it and I think I may have actually done it once. Not that big of a deal to me. This new iphone sucks though...and Apple doesn't feel the need to make any improvements because you have people like this that buy Apple products.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-5...-people-into-believing-iphone-4s-is-iphone-5/

Watch the video on that page lol... that right there gives you your answer as to why Apple doesn't feel the need to innovate anything. They know people are going to be wrapped around the block to buy it even though the changes are minimal at best. Next year they'll probably add HDMI out and call it the Iphone 5S lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
LOL, Apple gave up on innovation and said to hell with it. Well, they are at least catching up to where Android was about 2 years ago. And to tell you the truth I don't see the big hoopla about talking and surfing at the same time. My Evo LTE can do it and I think I may have actually done it once. Not that big of a deal to me.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-5...-people-into-believing-iphone-4s-is-iphone-5/

I'm a power user and it's a big deal to me(Verizon). I have the Bionic, which can talk and become a hot spot at the same time. Was never a fan of the iPhone and now this is another reason.

I'm a power user and I couldn't care less about that lol. I don't even talk on the phone enough for that to be an issue for me. My calls are short and to the point so i've never cared about it. HDMI out and DNLA are more useful to me than that feature to tell you the truth.

You are right, there was very little in terms of innovation with the iPhone 5. I would have figured that they would have taken that opportunity to come out with something that really makes the consumer go WOW with this being branded "iPhone 5."

I'm also :lmao: at that video of the folks looking at the iPhone 4S thinking it was an iPhone 5. They couldn't have fooled me though. I would have know it as soon as they handed it to me. lol

People are clueless.

The iPhone5 sat in our warehouse from Oct/2011 to Jan/2012 (huge warehouse-the distr point for all that is apple lol). Waiting for the right moment to sucker, I mean, launch to the american market. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Talk about gullible... :smh: But let me shut up. It(american greed) pays the bills. lol

LOL!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qFUz6vHEQCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well I went ahead and jumped onto the Droid bandwagon specifically the Galaxy S III.
And so far I've no issues with the phone other than not being able to transfer apps to my SD card. Sure I can store movies and music but I'd like to have my apps reside on my card and not my onboard memory. Just to remind people I switched from a three year old BlackBerry Storm 2. I didn't get the iPhone or wait for it because I wasn't feeling the way it looked and there was nothing really new between the 4s and the 5. That interested me.

Well I went ahead and jumped onto the Droid bandwagon specifically the Galaxy S III.
And so far I've no issues with the phone other than not being able to transfer apps to my SD card. Sure I can store movies and music but I'd like to have my apps reside on my card and not my onboard memory. Just to remind people I switched from a three year old BlackBerry Storm 2. I didn't get the iPhone or wait for it because I wasn't feeling the way it looked and there was nothing really new between the 4s and the 5. That interested me.

That phone is a beast. I have the Galaxy S II, but my boss has the Galaxy S III, and that phone is very nice.

Most of my apps are on the SD card. Install an app called "Apps 2 SD". Here's a link to it in the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDMsImNvbS5hMHNvZnQuZ3Bob25lLmFwcDJzZCJd

That phone is a beast. I have the Galaxy S II, but my boss has the Galaxy S III, and that phone is very nice.

Most of my apps are on the SD card. Install an app called "Apps 2 SD". Here's a link to it in the Google Play store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDMsImNvbS5hMHNvZnQuZ3Bob25lLmFwcDJzZCJd

Thanks for the info, I was doing some research regarding what app to get that would allow for the data transfer. This isn't one that came up, but it sounds better than the ones that were mentioned.

Yeah I'm going with the S III and I downloaded Amazon App Store as they have some apps that I use to have in google play but don't.

I have the HTC Inspire 4g and the Infuse 4G. S III will be my phone for the next couple years...

LOL!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nf5-Prx19ZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Man yall serious about them phones huh? :lol: Heck I just switched two years ago to the blackberry and still don't use nothing but the emails. :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
tumblr_m9jfrtv3BU1qzmur7o1_250.gif

#teamblackberry

Anything else is...well... "meh"

:lol:

Last edited:
Back