Why Do Black That Attend Pwc's

N

NASTY_QUE_DAWG

Why Do Black's That Attend Pwc's

THINK THAT ISHT IS GOING TO GET THEM SOMEWHERE???? I KNOW WE ALL HAVE CHOICES TO MAKE.. BUT YOU WOULD THINK EVERY BLACK PERSON WOULD WANT SOME OF THERE HERITAGE AS FAR AS COLLEGE EDUCATION GOES....I ATTENDED A PWC FOR 3 YEARS AS AN ATHLETE.. AND WHEN WE WENT OUR SEPERATE WAS I GOT THE L UP AND OUT..... THE HBCU LIFE WAS SOMETHING I WANTED TO EXPERIENCE FOR MY SELF.... SOUTHERN WAS JUST A SHORT DRIVE ACROSS TOWN... IF I WANTED IT ON A DAILY... I HAVE MEET MAN OF US (BLACK FOLKS) THAT HAVE DEGREES FROM PWC'S THAT THINK THEY DEGREE HAS THE EDGE ON MINE.....YOU GOT A BS.. I GOT A BS....HELL AINT NO DIFFRENT...YOURS IF FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI, MINE IS FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS @ PINE BLUFF MY WORK IS 20 TIMES BETTER THAN YOURS....YOU CAN'T EVEN TAPE.... AND YOU THINK THAT YOUR BETTER THAN BE BECAUSE YOU WENT TO A COLLEG/UNIVERISTY WERE THEY DIDN'T EVEN WANT YA ASS..... NESS...I SEE THIS EVERY DAY AROUND HERE IN MEMPHIS.... AND IT MAKES ME MAD THEN TO HERE THE LIL STUPID HIGH SCHOOLS KIDS IN MY SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS TALK ABOUT THE HBCU'S ARENT ON MY LEARNING LEVEL.....:shame: WE ARE YALL GOING TO GO TO SCHOOL U OF MEMPHIS, UT, UGA, AND ALL OF THESE OTHER PWC... AND THE FUNNY THING ABOUT IT IS THESE BE THE MAIN NICCAS THAT BE WORKING AT THE DAMN GROCERY STORES, WAL~MARTS AND ISHT BECAUSE THEY WENT TO THESE PWC'S .....

I KNOW IF I WERE A CEO OF A MULIT BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY... MY BLACKS WOULD COME FROM MY HBCU'S AND MY WHITES FROM THE PWC'S.....AND WE ALL KNOW THAT IS HOW THEY DO IT....WHEN THE DEWHITEMAN LOOKS FOR BLACKS TO RUN HIS SHIP HE GOES WHERE HE CAN FIND US...... HE NOT AT UT... LOOKING FOR A BLACK MAN/WOMAN TO RUN HIS PLACE........

I JUST HAD TO VENT THAT THIS MORNING YALL... I GOT THIS BLACK CHICK THAT IS AN EXTERN..HERE ON THE STAFF OF THE GRIZZLES...AND I MEAN EVERY DAY SHE COMES IN HERE WITH THIS UNIVERISTY OF MISSISSIPPI GEAR ON TALKING OLE MISS THIS OLE MISS THAT....AND I REALLY HATE OLE MISS,,, AND IM FROM THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI........ YOU JUST DONT KNOW PEEPS..... THIS BROAD TOLD ME THAT HER DEGREE HAS MORE VALUE........

AND SOMETIMES I JUST WANT TO ASK HERE DO YOU THINK YOU GOING TO OLE MISS IS REALLY GONNA GET YOU ANYWHERE IT WANT GET ME..... :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: MAN I TELL U :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Man that attitude about Black professionalism being second best to white professionalism is in every profession here in America. The white mechanic is better than the black mechanic, the white dentist is better than the black dentist and this one really BURNS THE MUFTHAPHUGGIN HELL OUT OF ME, THE WHITE TEACHER IS BETTER THAN THE BLACK TEACHER!!And a Degree from a White school is better than a degree from a Black university. It's an idea that's drilled in our heads indirectly since childhood!

The only solution is African Americans should start our own Fortune 500 corporations. Hire our graduates from HCBU'S.

Nasty_que_Dawg is there a brother there whom is in charge of marketing for the Grizzlies?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I have attended both and I think this is stupid. You have a chance to succeed either way, depending on your skill. However I will be the first to tell you, that getting a job at a F-500 company here in ATL, 8 times out of 10 there is either a GT or a UGA alum at the head of the corporation and they will pull for alums of their alma maters to get in. I've seen it firsthand with all the jobs & co-ops that i've applied for here.

There's a similar topic in the Round Table Discussion forum. It's really simple. A lot of blacks still have that slave mentality that white is right. They automatically ASSume that if it's white, it's better. SAD, but very true. I, personally never wanted to attend a PWC and don't really want my son to attend one. If he chooses so, then I'll have to deal with it, but I'd prefer him to attend an HBCU. There's so much for us to experience at our own schools and our schools are just as good, if not better cuz I feel the instructors/professors care more about us being educated and well-rounded.

But hey, that is my .02.

Maybe so they can get their loan check without having to sign it over to the school, take $300 for books (3 months into the semester), and pick the rest up 45 days later.

Or maybe they want to get their GA checks on the date they are due, not when somebody decides to get the paperwork off their desk.

Or maybe its because higher education enrollment has become a victim of the marketing boom and PWCs market their educational opportunities better the HCBUs who are relying on word of mouth and family ties

Or maybe its because graduates of HCBUs tell a great tale of the fun they had at college but have nothing but disdain for the administrative people and polices of their alma matta so much that it takes them years to forgive them enough to make the minimum contribution to the alumni.

Some people just don't understand. After being bused to school all my life, there was no way in heeellll I was going to a PWC. I really needed to get away. One thing that I have noticed is that on the West Coast, a lot of people are bent on going to a UC school (University of California) or a state school and wouldn't even consider going to an HBCU. Its lack of knowledge. There are other learning processes that go on at HBCUs that would not even come close to a PWC. I have worked in private industry and currently work in a civil service capacity and both times all they asked for was a degree from an accredited university. I proudly claim SOUTHERN and after ten years I still tell everyone that listens about how great of an experience I had.
My younger brother graduated from Cal State Long Beach and is now in a Masters program at Cal State San Francisco. We tried to get him to go to an HBCU, but he didn't want to and the thought never crossed his mind that a degree from a PWC would give him an edge.

So should a black person go to an HBCU just because they're black, or should they look for the best school suited for their major? If I was an engineering major and got accepted to MIT and PV, should I attend PV because its a black school? Just asking.....

LMAO @ Diesel!

Well, unknown, I think that is the choice of the individual. I don't fault Blacks who attend PWCs ... I just have to put them in their place sometimes when they want to down HBCUs.

I'll be getting my graduate degree from a PWC ... but that is ONLY because there isn't an HBCU in the metroplex. Well, there is Paul Quinn, but they don't have an advanced degree program.

Because they have been brainwashed like the whites. Its not different than a black person who gets a little money, starts hanging with whites, and then distances himself from his people. You can't let them put that ish in your ears.

NOTHING BITES MY

ARSE MORE THAN THE FAKE ARSED BLACKS THAT CAME FROM THE SLUMS OF INNER CITES EVEN THE ONE THAT ARE STRAIGHT UP OUT OF THE GHETTO..AND SAY THAT THE HBCU'S ARE BENEATH THEM...... I JUST WANNA SAY NIGCA YOU BEEN IN THE HOOD ALL YA DAMN LIFE NOW YOU GOT A LIL SCHOLARSHIP TO THE PWC...THA IS LESS THAN WHAT THE HBCU GAVE YOU AND YOU THANK YOU DOING SOMETHING...NO...... :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:
AND WHAT YOU HAD TO SAY UNKNOWN WAS NESS I KNOW MANY OF US(BLACKS) THAT ARE ON TOP OF OUR GAME......

PBLA I KNOW THERE IS A GUY THAT WORKS IN THE MARKETING OFFICE...... I DONT KNOW HIS EXACT POSITON...BUT THERE IS A BRUH THAT RUNS TICKET SALES AND ALL OF THAT GOOD STUFF.. MIGHT BE THE SAME GUY MAN.... WE ARE IN ONE PLACE AND THEY ARE IN ANOTHER...BUT I WILL CHECK ON THAT AND LET U NO.....

posted by Unknown1

So should a black person go to an HBCU just because they're black, or should they look for the best school suited for their major? If I was an engineering major and got accepted to MIT and PV, should I attend PV because its a black school? Just asking.....

I would choose PV or Southern, physics and math are going to stay the same anywhere you go in the universe.

A light bulb that burns in a rich mans house will surely burn in a poor man's house.

I wish you could read The Black Book, one section shows a list of inventions that were invented by blacks.

Not all of those Black folks had the oppurtunity to get an education. Elijah McCoy was educated at a white school and Norbert Rillieux(spelling?) was educated in France.

But the majority of them invented devices on pure common sense and at that time unprecedented ingenuity.

So right now if I wanted to be an engineer I would choose Southern or PV. So if I were to invent something great, one of those schools will receive a lot of prestige as an engineering school.

I discuss this all the time.....

I'm a senior at Alcorn State, and I must say that I see a tremendous difference in the way PWCs handle their African American students in comparison with HBCUs. In my opinion, PWCs overlook the programs and opportunities designed for their African American students. I have seen it too many times not to believe it.

Information about research programs, internships, job fairs and co-ops that specifically target minority students are ready and set for us. For example, these programs include the Ronald E. McNair program, LSMAMP (in Mississippi), LSLAMP (in Louisiana), and the Alliance for Graduate Education in Mississippi (AGEM). I have even attended job fairs, one which was held at a Minority Convention in Atlanta, where companies like Microsoft, Dell, TVA, Coca-Cola, Georgia Pacific, Honda, Mercedes-Benz, and other powerful companies recruited from the pool of minority engineers who attended the conference.

I know African Americans who attend Ole Miss, Mississippi State, and USM and I can say that none knew of these programs, although some are based at the PWCs in Mississippi. I have been asked by my friends at PWCs to get information and applications for these programs, because they have no idea who to turn to on their campus for this information.

So, I believe that while most African Americans who attend PWCs believe in their degree, just ask them about outside research experience or other opportunities. The PWCs keep their research specifically for their top white students (of course a few of us will make it in, but only for clarity).

Ultimately, I believe in getting an education, regardless of where you get it from. If companies are looking for top African American students, there is no argument that they will get them from an HBCU, and get their traditional employees from PWCs.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: I discuss this all the time.....

Originally posted by Braveman12
Ultimately, I believe in getting an education, regardless of where you get it from. If companies are looking for top African American students, there is no argument that they will get them from an HBCU, and get their traditional employees from PWCs.

THAT IS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.... TO UNKNOWN ONE...IM SURE THAT THERE ARE PEEPS FROM SU AND PV RUNNING CIRCLES AROUND PEEPS FROM MIT...THE SCHOOL DONT MAKE THE PERSON DAWG....AND EDUCATION IS AND EDUCATION.......... IF I YOU WERE SITTING IN FRONT OF ME AND THE CHOICE WAS BETWEEN YOU THE MIT GRADUATE.... AND THE PERSON FROM SU.........

WHO WOULD I PICK................... :idea: :idea: :idea:

THE SU GRAD............................................

KEEP IT REAL DAWG...........

I KNOW FOR A FACT I GOT A COUSIN RIGHT NOW HAS BEEN OUT OF SCHOOL OVER 3 YEARS AND HAS A ENGINEERING DEGREE OF SOME SORT FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN MISSISSIPPI ANDYOU KNOW WHAT HE IS DOING WITH HIS BIG DEGREE....SITTING AT HOME....... CHILLIN BECASUE HE CANT GET A JOB ANYWHERE........ JUST IMAGINE IF HE WAS AT SU, PV........ WHEN PEEPS HIRE BLACKS THEY GO TO THE PLACE TO FIND BLACKS HBCU'S DAWG.....WHEN THE WANT THE WHITES THE GO TO PWC'S............... TRAVEL TO YOU LOCAL WAL MART AND DO A SURVEY....... AND SEE THE OUT COME OF US WORKING THERE WITH HELLA DEGREES..... PUSSHING BUGGIES AND STOCKING SHELVES.............

Bruh you're speaking speculation and i'm speaking facts. I'm sure there are plenty of HBCU grads running things, but like I said, I think to say that a black person should go to a HBCU just because they're black is stupid. Number 1, when I look at a school, I dont give a damn if it's black, white, or purple, if their engineering school is rated #2 in the nation, has one of the top 5 graduation rates, and the most grads topping f-500 companies in the city where i'm gonna work, then that's where i'm leaning towards going. If its a white school, then so be it. If it's a black school, then so be it. It ain't really about color to me. Besides, not all of us "black folk" are brought up in black high schools and told about HBCU's. Hell I graduated from a 80% white high school and didn't even know what the hell a HBCU was until I started goin to college football games. I chose an HBCU to go to and wasn't happy there, and I transferred to a PWC, because it was closer to home, the #2 engineering school in the nation, and there's more but I won't elaborate. Now I don't think that "a PWC is better than an HBCU" simply because of the color, but if I see that this schools academics are better, curriculum is higher, graduation rate is almost 4 times as good, offers me scholarship money, and has me a job with an f-500 company before I even graduate, then that's where i'm gonna be. Now that's how I chose MY school, off academics. Hell silly me, I thought that's what the whole objective in choosing where to go to college was, not what color it was.:rolleyes: I guess if Morris Brown had an engineering department, you'd tell me that I should go there over Georgia Tech.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by unknown1
transferred to a PWC, because it was closer to home, the #2 engineering school in the nation, and there's more but I won't elaborate. Now I don't think that "a PWC is better than an HBCU" simply because of the color, but if I see that this schools academics are better, curriculum is higher, graduation rate is almost 4 times as good, offers me scholarship money, and has me a job with an f-500 company before I even graduate, then that's where i'm gonna be

I HEAR YOU MAN........... SO WHAT IF MB DID HAVE THAT U SAYING YOU GONNA GO TO GTECH BECAUSE OF ALL IT'S BERKS................... BUT WHAT IS THE RATIO OF THAT HAPPENING TO A BLACK........... MY WHOLE POINT IS WHEN THEY DO THEY HIRING THE LOOK FOR THEM THERE AND US @ OUR SCHOOLS.......................

THIS IS WHY THE BLACK SCHOOL'S DONT SUCEED.............GO AND PUMP UP THE PWC'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

MY PEOPLE

If MBC had an engineering school that was BETTER than the one at GT, then hell yea i'd go there. Thats about as simple as it is.

posted by unknown

If MBC had an engineering school that was BETTER than the one at GT, then hell yea i'd go there. Thats about as simple as it is.

Now see my brother, Georgia Tech's level of engineering program is a result of major corporation's funding money or giving money to Georgia Tech's program.

I wonder why those same corporations did not give money to Morris Brown or any other of the HCBU's in Atlanta? I don't know if those have engineering programs or not, but GT's success is definitely the result of corporate donations.

What school did George Washington Carver graduated from? Hell, he did not just invent peanut butter,he invented over 300 products, no... he invented over 300 CHEMICAL PROCESSES that put Georgia on the map. Those same companies that give to GT are profiting from the processes that Mr. Carver invented. Mr. Carver was called "The Savior of the South".

Hey Unknown1, did they teach you that in the 80% white school you attended? Does Georgia Tech even acknowledge George Washington Carver? Over 300 PRODUCTS my brother, and one of them is the WINDSHIELD that is in your car today?

But the companies today that make those windshields probally don't give one red gotdayum cent to Tuskegee Institute or any of the HCBU'S in Georgia, but they give to Georgia Tech though.

Originally posted by pbla

Now see my brother, Georgia Tech's level of engineering program is a result of major corporation's funding money or giving money to Georgia Tech's program.

I wonder why those same corporations did not give money to Morris Brown or any other of the HCBU's in Atlanta? I don't know if those have engineering programs or not, but GT's success is definitely the result of corporate donations.

What school did George Washington Carver graduated from? Hell, he did not just invent peanut butter,he invented over 300 products, no... he invented over 300 CHEMICAL PROCESSES that put Georgia on the map. Those same companies that give to GT are profiting from the processes that Mr. Carver invented. Mr. Carver was called "The Savior of the South".

Hey Unknown1, did they teach you that in the 80% white school you attended? Does Georgia Tech even acknowledge George Washington Carver? Over 300 PRODUCTS my brother, and one of them is the WINDSHIELD that is in your car today?

But the companies today that make those windshields probally don't give one red gotdayum cent to Tuskegee Institute or any of the HCBU'S in Georgia, but they give to Georgia Tech though.

LOOKING FOR MY PLACE TO CO~SIGN......... NICCAS BE HAVING THE TALENT TO MAKE OUR SCHOOLS BETTER.. AND GO TO THESE PWC'S..........:redhot: :redhot: :redhot: AND DONT GET JACK SHI*

I think it is just caertain people who are just plain ignorant who say that PWC's are better. I am not saying that HBCU's are either. Every school has ups and downs, plus and minuses, but it is what we do with our education that counts.

Like I mentioned before i go to a PWC and Feel that my education is just the same to an extent as going to SU. It al depends on what experience you have and what are you studing.

I will put it like this I have been working in the engineering field for nine years and personally I have met people from all schools HBCU and PWCs and I have not been impressed with these PWCs grads. They don't know any more than people who attended a HBCU. It depends on the person you make yourself not the school.

DO YOU HEAR THAT UNKNOWN

Originally posted by CEE DOG
I will put it like this I have been working in the engineering field for nine years and personally I have met people from all schools HBCU and PWCs and I have not been impressed with these PWCs grads. They don't know any more than people who attended a HBCU. It depends on the person you make yourself not the school.
DO U HEAR THAT UNKNOWN1 YOU MAKE YOURSELF NOT THE SCHOOL.......... GT AINT GONNA MAKE YOU ANNYBETTER........ GET ALL OF THAT DAMN SCHOOLING AND CANT PUT IT TO USE JUST ANOTHER NICCA WORKING AT WAL~MART................

Most of you are posting ignorant in the fact that you still dont comprehend that it isnt a black/white thing for me. When I look at where i'm going to attend school, I look at the statistics on paper, not an opinion someone gives. GT puts up the numbers, and thats about as simple as it is. And GT has the money because their Alums give large sums of money back to the school once they have gotten where they need to be. That is why they have sufficient funds. As i've said most folks are speaking from speculation. When did I ever say there are no grads from HBCU's atop major corporations? If you would read, I said i'm sure that there are. I also said that on the vast majority of the job interviews and co-ops that i've been on here in the ATL area, the presidents or people who would hire me were UGA or GT alums. Now is that a false statement? :rolleyes: I said it once and i'll say it again, it aint about what "color" the school is, it's about what the program has to offer. Now, when or any other school, whether it be PWC or HBCU can show me the same results that i've seen from GT, then that's when i'll consider going there.

Back