Who's Watching...................

For those of you that read the book, help me understand what the movie was supposed to be about? Ms. Janie made reference to watching God a few times, but it just did not seem to "flow" with the rest of the movie.

I got out of it that you should follow your dreams. Also listen to them damn indians when they tell you "a storm is a comin'".

Help a brotha out.

On a scale of 1 to 5 stars, I guess I will give it 3 stars. I had just watched "Mad Black Woman", so I was not blown away by "Miss Janie" nem!

I watched the entire movie. I don't remember if I ever read that book, but by watching the movie, I want to read it.

It was okay, I will give it about 3 stars

pbla said:
This movie was excellent. Oprah definitely hired the right writers for this project. I loved it.
Since i just recently readthe book I was definietly in the house watching it. I must say I am total agreement that the wrting was excellent...They didn't stray from the book to much...although I aint that much of a Halle Berry fan she did a good job in this movie. :tup: :tup:

cat daddy said:
For those of you that read the book, help me understand what the movie was supposed to be about? Ms. Janie made reference to watching God a few times, but it just did not seem to "flow" with the rest of the movie.

I got out of it that you should follow your dreams. Also listen to them damn indians when they tell you "a storm is a comin'".

Help a brotha out.

Well its been a while since I read the book but this was my take on it. In the book Janie said there were 2 things that people had to do for themselves. 1 They had to go to God and 2 they had to learn to live for themselves. I always figured she was "watching God" to figure out what to do or when to go to him. In the movie it happened when her grandmother told her she had to get married, when she lost her husband Joe Starks, when that storm was coming, and when she came back from burying Tea Cake.

jelli said:
Since i just recently readthe book I was definietly in the house watching it. I must say I am total agreement that the wrting was excellent...They didn't stray from the book to much...although I aint that much of a Halle Berry fan she did a good job in this movie. :tup: :tup:
I thought it was a GREAT movie and captured the book very closely. Read the book guys, it is indeed a beautiful love story. Hmmph, Hmmph, I'm like Tru, it sho was on after the movie was over...that kissing was sumthin'!

Cat Daddy, you so crazy! :lmao:

Shamocha I co-sign your "theory" on what watching God meant. I try to live every day watching God. :tup:

I DVR'd it...didn't have a moment to sit down and fully watch it. I'll transfer it to tape and watch it when I get a chance.

SS I love the book and the movie didn't really stray from the book it was just missing something maybe it was the acting? BTW the kiss was overrated If Halle has never been kiss like that it may explain her pass relationships.LOL
Oprah too.

Back