Who's Going To Swac Media Day?

Originally posted by Mighty Dog
Not too many people are going to take a day off from work to attend a SWAC Media Day or spend money for travel. Will your Newspaper reporters or TV Stations cover Media Day and report the information in area communities? Some will, but the majority will not because it is not important to them.

No matter where Media Day is held fans are not going to come out in large numbers. If it was held in Huntsville, we would have a lot of fans to attend, but TV Coverage and Newspaper coverage will be mimimun. The same can be said for only a few cities. Who really cares about BCF other than a few alums?

Exactly MD,

I've been listening to SportsRadio here in ATL, and they said it was some god awful amount of media there for the SEC Media Event the past few days. How many of those people are actually staying around for tomorrow? Is the USA Today? Street & Smith's ? The Sporting News? Will the SportsTalk Station in Jackson broadcast from there? How many people are going to interview Totten or write about Hughes being on the hotseat? Huhh? Outside of the beat writers for the respective schools and a few enterprising AA Media, there won't be a lot there. You'll probably go from 1500 for SEC to 30 for SWAC.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is Media Day isn't it? I think our focus should be on how to attract the Media, print , TV and radio to cover our event. Not which is the most fan friendly city. This should be the day to get our players and coaches names out to the masses. I even wonder will the 1-AA Sportsnetwork be there. Let's find a way to get the media other than our hometown paper interested in our product and perhaps we will grow.

Now if we want to have a Fan Day & Media Event together, that's a great idea too and I'm all for it. But I just don't see where it's the fans responsibility to be at Media Day.

BP, your idea sounds reasonable to me.

Back