Who's going to have a better year? Kent or Carrie

LaMont

It looks like both will light up the score board, but who's going to have the better year?

You know, this may depend on who has the better receivers.

LaMont

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI

OR THE LEAST k "INT"'s

I THINK 'OLE KENT IS GONNA HAVE TO BECOME A GREAT SCRAMBLER THS SEASON, I JUST DONT SEE HIM DOING WHAT HE DID LAST YEAR......BUT IF HIM AND MANNING CATCH FIRE TOGETHER THEN THEY WILL BE O.K.....OTHER THAN THAT I DONT SEE THEM SCORING A LOT OF POINTS THIS YEAR...

CARRIE IS MY VOTE......

Alcorn relies on their passing game they dont have a solid running game. Carrie doesnt do good on the blitz either.

Robert Kent

His receiving corps is ridiculously deep (again)... not to mention if Micheal Goss is able to return. Plus Kent's O-line will be much improved... which means a stronger running game.... which ultimately translates into opposing defenses being a little bit more honest.

Carrie will be hurt by the loss of Marcus Hinton and Ronald Gilmore. (Gilmore's eligibility is up, correct?) Kris Peters will be double teamed a lot and quite frankly I didn't see any other Alcorn receiver last season who is ready be that "other guy."

While at Jackson, TC Taylor and Lawrence Story have capable understudies primed and ready.... Chris Jones, Tim Manning, Robert Jacobs, Goss and even a couple surprises.

So unless Alcorn has some receivers arise from obscurity, Kent will have the better numbers, going away.

Plus, he's just a better quaterback anyhow.... basically

I think a factor will be the philosiphy of Jackson State. Kent will be bombing away the whole game. Even if they are up big Kent will still be putting up numbers.

Is this even a fair question? I have warned you people about putting Kent in the same league as any SWAC QB. Kent will far and away have better numbers this year because his defense will get the ball back for him. Its all about the defense this time.

Well

Kent - Junior; 3-year starter, returning receiving corps, good azz running game, etc...

Carrie, Sophomore, 2nd year in system, only one legitimate returning receiver (the only 1,000 yard returning receiver in HBCU Football), returning O-line, little to no running game.

I think that they will be 1-2 in the conference this year and the Winner of the Captial City Classic will lead his team to the SWAC Championship.

Re: Ha! Yeah!

Originally posted by ALCORNITE 86
MH, just a lil something to get you buzzing!
Go on and get your preseason hopes up for the next couple of months. Won't be long now.

btw, to answer the question of this thread, I think both QBs are overrated. Since you say that Carrie's receivers are gone, you better hope he has somebody to catch all those jump balls that he throws.
:D

Originally posted by Sting
Alcorn relies on their passing game they dont have a solid running game.

What you saw last year was just that: What you saw last year!! Peters will probably be too quick for most double teams (especially if the help is a little late coming) and the running game is going to be present.

JSU has some relatively unknown recievers and they are going to give Kent "L" and vice versa. For every TD Kent throws, he throws about how many INTs (I know somebody knows the answer)?

What do you mean they are going to give kent Hell. Please explain that comment. JSU has the best corp of rec. and the best line, the best RB and the best QB throwing the ball in college football today. Bottom line

Someone wake him up

Originally posted by Get Ready
What do you mean they are going to give kent Hell. Please explain that comment. JSU has the best corp of rec. and the best line, the best RB and the best QB throwing the ball in college football today. Bottom line

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Now that's the bottom line !!!

Get Ready if yall have all that, you should have won the SWAC Title last year. "L" yall should have made it to Birmingham!! The CCC should have been a blowout from the opening kickoff!! You really had some players last year. You have a new recieving corps and you think that yall have the best WRs in the SWAC? Man please!!
Those first games are going to be pure "L" on earth for Kent. Just watch and see.

You are right.....
WE should have won the SWAC.
Kent was missing a defensive coordinator
Now he has one.
The season is now over
Its just a formality now
None of you can touch the young man below
vvvv
vvvv
vvvv
vvvv
vvvv
vvvv

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
Get Ready if yall have all that, you should have won the SWAC Title last year. "L" yall should have made it to Birmingham!! The CCC should have been a blowout from the opening kickoff!! You really had some players last year. You have a new recieving corps and you think that yall have the best WRs in the SWAC? Man please!!
Those first games are going to be pure "L" on earth for Kent. Just watch and see.

I really hate to ruin your day, but JSU still has the best WRs in the SWAC. And I'm sorry, but they are not a "new receiving corps."

I guess you've never heard of Tim Manning and Micheal Goss huh? They played well last year considering they were in the shadow of TC Taylor and Lawrence Story. But believe me, they will have monster seasons in 02.

And I have a few surprises for you... One is Chis Jones. Remember that name. He will be one of the leading receivers in the SWAC. You heard it here first... a 6'3" sophomore. He could have easily started just about anywhere else in the SWAC last year as a redshirt freshmen.... Plus, Robert Jacobs is a returning starter. These guys didn't have HUGE seasons last year, but that tends to happen when you have TWO NFL-bound receivers on your team (Taylor and Story).

And to make matters worse (for your respective team's def. coordinator), JSU has a transfer WR/QB coming from Auburn and a transfer TE from Tennessee.

So let me reiterate, JSU still has the best group of receivers in the Southwestern Athletic Conference. So get used to it.

P.S. - Robert Kent for Heisman

I think the new topic should be "Who is gonna throw more ints? The answer to that is Kent. I bet Kent cant go a game without throwing an int. Carrie only has one proven receiver. They lost their 2nd team all swac TE(The first Team belong to Bama State). It dont matter who's gonna have a better season either way it goes, when yall play Bama State y'all arse is grass.

P.S. if Michael Hayes was the best Reciever in BCF why wasn't he an ALL American Candidate

JSU still has the best group of receivers in the Southwestern Athletic Conference. So get used to it.

JSU MIGHT HAVE HAD THE BEST RECEIVERS THIS YEAR BUT THAT WONT BE THE CASE THIS YEAR.

Back