Who was the most colorful HBCU Coach ever?

Back in the day when visiting Nashville, the man had his own game officials.....LOL I remember one year S.U. came out of the dressing room (in the late 70's) and those officials told us no fist pads allowed in the game. The next moment tsu team came out of the dressing room with some pads that looked like some small boxing gloves....LOL Woody Hayes don't have nothing on Big Bad John! LOL

Man my father went to FAMU in the late 60s and early 70s (marched in the 100). He told me Coach Merritt would arrive on campus and look at the FAMU students and say “Damn you, FAMU” lol

I also heard the stories about the sketchy games in Nashville lol

Man my father went to FAMU in the late 60s and early 70s (marched in the 100). He told me Coach Merritt would arrive on campus and look at the FAMU students and say “Damn you, FAMU” lol

I also heard the stories about the sketchy games in Nashville lol

I heard where he walked into the opposing team's locker room during the pregame speech and threw everything off..lol

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
A former co worker of mine , said he played at Tenn St and on his off weekends he played at Valley lmao. He said a lot of their team did that. Cooley was Tenn St OC before getting the Valley job.

Diss dude here was something else 😁 😅😎
D7bistYWsAEFVWi.jpg

Man I was waiting for somebody to post Shine!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Back