Who needs a 92-inch TV? Mitsubishi, the guys who make it

Anonymous

Does a 92-inch TV sound like overkill to you?

To many, it may. But for the company that makes it, Mitsubishi, it's pretty much the only way to distinguish itself among its competitors and try to stay in the TV business.

Next month, Mitsubishi will officially start selling the behemoth of a television it first introduced at CES in January. The 92-inch 840 3D DLP Home Cinema TV will cost $5,999, has a resolution of 1080p, uses DLP rear-projection technology, and can display 3D content. It also comes in 72 inches and 83 inches.

Yes, there will be people that will buy it. The kind of people who, say, have a "media room" in their home. In other words, no, it's not for everyone. So why would Mitsubishi go after such a small portion of TV buyers?

"It's good to sell volume, but it's better to make money," said Frank DeMartin, vice president of consumer product sales for Mitsubishi.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20072749-260/who-needs-a-92-inch-tv-mitsubishi-the-guys-who-make-it/#ixzz1Q2hqMfTC

I DO.............. :lol:
TV's are just going to keep getting bigger. 70" TV's are the new 51" now. 51" TV's are considered "yesterdays" technology.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Can't even think about putting that in my condo. A 51" would be considered too big in my living room..

If you think about it, they are just keeping up with projection theatre system of which you easily get 100 in +.

I DO.............. :lol:
TV's are just going to keep getting bigger. 70" TV's are the new 51" now. 51" TV's are considered "yesterdays" technology.

The Big Screen TV store had this deal where if you buy a 70" you would get a 42" for free. I thought about that long and hard. But I'm like you, I would buy that 92" and be smiling like a mofo.

I'd have to buy a whole new house and have it built around that TV.
I think I'll pass and stick with my 51inch.

yep.
You must have not seen all the adds for 70" TV's? They advertising them around here like they used to advertise 51" TVs. As more people make home theater areas in their homes, these large 70" and 93" tvs take the place of those projection TV's for a "low price" if you got the wall space. You want to go bigger, Panasonic, SONY, JVC, and Samasung got 103" and 110" TVs

Want to go even bigger without a projection tv and pull down movie screen or flat white wall, Panasonic also has a 150" screen for TRUE HOME THEATERS. :tup:
panasonic-150in-0108.jpg

Last edited:
That's just too much.

Those type of TVs are made for home theater rooms in your home. Rooms specifically made for TV and MOVIE watching. Rooms like this if your planning on building or adding a room onto your house.

BB...........:lol:
DIRECTV NFL Package would take on a whole new meaning at my house if I could afford a room like this and one of those 110" plus Flatscreens.

110"
094926qk5.jpg

150"
jeremy-kipnis-home-theater_48_8WO3w_48.jpg

110"
Home-Theater-Room-Design.jpg

Those type of TVs are made for home theater rooms in your home. Rooms specifically made for TV and MOVIE watching. Rooms like this if your planning on building or adding a room onto your house.

BB...........:lol:
DIRECTV NFL Package would take on a whole new meaning at my house if I could afford a room like this and one of those 110" plus Flatscreens.

094926qk5.jpg

jeremy-kipnis-home-theater_48_8WO3w_48.jpg

Home-Theater-Room-Design.jpg
Dude, who you tellin? I would live down there. I would have a refrig, bathroom, bed, etc... My wife wouldnt never see me.

Want to go even bigger without a projection tv and pull down movie screen or flat white wall, Panasonic also has a 150" screen for TRUE HOME THEATERS.
Yep!!! The media advisor came out about two weeks ago. I need this size for my new outdoor room. Unless, I can find a reasonable one that's weatherproof, I will still have to go the projection route. We shall see...hopefully SOONER than later.

What a great view of the Saints this will be!!! :D

Yep!!! The media advisor came out about two weeks ago. I need this size for my new outdoor room. Unless, I can find a reasonable one that's weatherproof, I will still have to go the projection route. We shall see...hopefully SOONER than later.

What a great view of the Saints this will be!!! :D

Projection TV's have gotten so good, you honestly can't tell the difference if you have a flat wall with no framing or windows in the way of the viewing area. Some of the projection TVs being made now don't even need a white wall or pull down screen. They will show on any ONE COLOR wall like a flat screen TV. You can make your "TV" as big as you want. Just depends on how much space you got between the projection TV unit and the wall.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back