Who is the most irrelevant band in the SWAC??

atl hornet

Normally I mind my business on this website, but posters from a certain school have poked the bear & im about to prove a point to them.

When you think of SWAC bands, which one comes in last as far as being known and easily recognizable?

Let’s run the list….

Alabama State MMH- The bullies of Alabama & the SWAC east. The unique Snappin’ & Drivin’ marching style we came up that another band tries to emulate. The Stingettes..( I don’t follow dance lines like that, but from what coworkers tell me, the Stingettes are one of if not the most popular dance line). We put the fear of God in any band no matter if we’re 300 strong like the mid 2000’s or the smaller size we have now. 2 reality TV shows on 3 different networks. Need I say more?

JSU Sonic Boom of The South- The J5, the J-Settes, the Tuba Dawgs, War n Thunder, the big sound, “The Show”, “JSU rocks the house”. Their resume speaks for itself.

FAMU Marching 100- Legendary band and sound. They were one of the bands that put HBCU bands on the map. Legendary halftime shows and dance routines, no matter how boring they are in the stands.

BCU Marching Wildcats- They’re boring as hell too, but to this day I’ve never heard a band that sounds better than them. You can’t take away the quality sound they have, and they have a stranglehold on the Atlanta area right now with all of the grads they have working as music teachers in elementary, middle and high school. It’s rare to see a high school band in metro Atlanta that DOESNT have someone from Cookman working with them.

MVSU- Devil’s Gun. The legendary style they had back in the day mixing corps and show style. The little band that could.

AAMU MMW- They have an amazing sound as well as much as I hate to compliment them.

Let’s go to the SWAC West…

SU Human Jukebox- the most watched and talked about band on social media and YouTube. Everyone gets up for them and treats going against the Jukebox like their super bowl.

Alcorn SOD- The thick ass Golden Girls. The originators of the style JSU took and made popular (as I’ve been told). They’re becoming a household name in the band world.

Grambling- Probably the most legendary HBCU band to those on the outside looking in. Few bands can match their history.

TxSU Ocean of Soul-No matter what size they are, you know you’re in for a battle with them and they’ll always have an aggressive sound. The originators of playing “Neck” that even PWI bands play today.

UAPB M4- When I was in high school from 2003-2006 they were well known and even managed to grab some Atlanta kids from all side of the city. “Fierce” is one of my all time favorite arrangements.

That leaves us with 1 school left…

The PVAMU Marching Storm- In all honesty, who in the hell thinks of PV when talking about SWAC bands? What are they known for? What can they stick their chest out about? Granted the McFunk Box or whatever their drum line is called is cool, but you really have to be in tune with HBCU band culture to know that. The casual person doesn’t know a damn thing or cares about PV’s band.

Truth hurts sometimes, but we all need to hear things that will make us better. Hopefully this realization will get the drizzle back on the right track. I told y’all to leave me alone, and y’all kept poking the bear. Sorry not sorry I had to make this thread and spread the gospel.

drop-the-mic-obama-mic-drop.gif

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Last week, there were 2 differing AA men watching Howard/Bama St. BOTH of them told me at differing times that following Sunday... *quote* "Deion and JState beat Howard pretty good." 😱👀 *unquote*

2 differing men who watch college football called Bama St... Jackson State. That is how relevant Bama St is in the big state. That is the living definition of irrelevant. 😂

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Last week, there were 2 differing AA men watching Howard/Bama St. BOTH of them told me at differing times that following Sunday... *quote* "Deion and JState beat Howard pretty good." 😱👀 *unquote*

2 differing men who watch college football called Bama St... Jackson State. That is how relevant Bama St is in the big state. That is the living definition of irrelevant. 😂
coffindance-coffin.gif

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That’s that PVAMU education smh

Before I chime in, is Bama state the one who plays under that shed? Or am I thinking of someone from Alabama who's more relevant???
Now hold on panther... Bama State is VERY relevant. They're right here at the top of this list. 🤔

I know this is smack talk but I don't remember PV's band being historically bad. Prof. Edwards had them straight and Dr. Zachery is doing his thing with them. They are one of the best sounding bands out there.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Folk, one of the dudes was very adamant as I tried to explain week 0 to him and FAM being JSU's opponent in Florida as game #1 for JSU and game #2 for FAM. Dude jumped down my throat and called me all sorts of mf'ing wrong as I corrected him. He was damned near ready to throw hands. smh
That mudda f'ing....summa.....😡

Yall Funny! PV is good, They just don't Travel much. When they do, they make an impact.
They and TSU battles are always great IMO
I hope the boom make the trip to h town this year been sometime since we had a ocean / boom battle.

Back