Who had the largest band in SWAC history?

atl hornet

Does anyone know what school had the largest band in the history of the SWAC? I dont know as much history as yall, but has any band been larger than the 320+ Alabama State had in 2008?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Y’all playing with me right now lol

I’ve never seen any footage of valley with more than 100 people if that

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
From what i'm told from my former band directors, Valley was the truth and their sound was unmatched.

Yes indeed, they were very good. I just don’t know what happened to cause the decline. Something drastic must’ve happened. Unfortunately.
Maybe it was funding?
Or maybe it was new leadership who abandoned the Corp style. I don’t know.

Ever? Bama State. Ocean and Valley probably traded huge years in the 70s. Valley was about 6 company fronts maybe more and probably for a much longer period of time.

Valley was huge when I was in HS at Callaway 81-84 and even befpre that. Had to be 300. A bunch of C'way drummers went up there during that time. Including the great Pedro Orey who is now an assistant at BCU. One of the reasons their drumline is so nice!

I know they were at least 200 plus when I marched against them SU. They were a great sounding band. Had their own style.

Who was the biggest band in the SWAC and sounded HORRIBLE? Bama State

please.
2008 was the year we BURIED JSU. See, I was keeping it civil in here but f**k that now!

we had over 300 and still weren't as sloppy as JSPOO! Trash like that would have NEVER been allowed to leave the bandroom at ASU cause we check ourselves

Last edited by a moderator:
please.
2008 was the year we BURIED JSU. See, I was keeping it civil in here but f**k that now!

we had over 300 and still weren't as sloppy as JSPOO! Trash like that would have NEVER been allowed to leave the bandroom at ASU cause we check ourselves

Lmfao dude it’s 2019 what has Homobama state done lately ? Lol you’ve been schooled multiple times ... Homobama state graduated with a doctorate in fails and Ls ..... got so many fail videos and pictures I can pull up from this year alone.... smacks you with a newspaper gone head and shoooo now this doesn’t end well for you ... I’ll make them pictures I exposed of them suspect drum major uniforms you marched behind look like child’s play...

Lmfao dude it’s 2019 what has Homobama state done lately ? Lol you’ve been schooled multiple times ... Homobama state graduated with a doctorate in fails and Ls ..... got so many fail videos and pictures I can pull up from this year alone.... smacks you with a newspaper gone head and shoooo now this doesn’t end well for you ... I’ll make them pictures I exposed of them suspect drum major uniforms you marched behind look like child’s play...

we were just in the rose bowl parade genius

Back