Where my Bearded Brothers at?

BulldogM.Ed.23

Bulldog Fan/Supporter
I knew one day when I hit my middle ages I would grow one. I finally started growing mine back in November (No Shave Month) after sporting a goatee for years. I honestly didn't know that this is a current trend for Black men. I am definitely amused at the women that love it (if only we had the men's forum back. I could tell some stories like Panthro/Pison). But I have saved a lot of money and time just letting it grow. On the "tube" there are lot of brothers sharing their knowledge but "Bearded Samson" he is a comedian for real! <--you got to check him out!

Seems like there are lot of companies making money off of this with their own products as well but I've learned that depending on your genes, either it will grow or it won't. So I keep my products simple. Hawaiian Silky & Wave Nouveau to keep it from being dry, along with coconut oil does the trick for me. Occasionally I make my own beard oil but I learned that I really don't have to do all of that...

Shout out to all my bearded brothers and the women that love us!

Last edited:

I started growing one back in 09 because I couldn't shave every week for work. I would get bad razor bumps so after I was fired I kept it. I have shaven it off 3 times though (2 funerals and Homecoming last year because the chin part was full of dead ends).

I don't have a complicated routine. Used to used Hair Food but I was using it but still got dead ends. Now I use a cheap Shea Butter conditioner and it is softer than before.

Yall can check out one of my FB friends hair products (All Natural. She's a chemist so she knows about this stuff)

I don't want the grey hair showing. Lol I want one though. Lol
Gray is all in mine. The compliments I get be like, "I love that salt & pepper look on you!" A pro barber that really knows what he is doing can line it and make it look real tight...

I was talking to some guys who work in my building about beards last week. They have them. One guy said he uses some type of cleanser and washes his beard three to four times a day to keep the bumps away. Stuff like that is what scares me from doing it. I don't want bumps on my face. Lol Do you guys use some type of method?

I was talking to some guys who work in my building about beards last week. They have them. One guy said he uses some type of cleanser and washes his beard three to four times a day to keep the bumps away. Stuff like that is what scares me from doing it. I don't want bumps on my face. Lol Do you guys use some type of method?
I started shaving at a young age (Marine JROTC requirements). I learned back then that the best cure for bumps is to let your hair grow out. It takes minute but if you can bare with it, eventually they will disappear and you are good. Either that or shave every day like I was doing before the beard, but that took so much of my time and money (good razors & shaving cream ain't cheap). Now all I use is a straight razor to line things up, scissors or clippers for any split ends, and again keep it from being dry. I've mad a lot of bad decision in my life but me growing a beard was not one.

I'm glad I don't need any of these products that are making killing (Scotch Porter, Brickell, Cremo, etc)...I'm just lucky I guess...

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes.... welcome to the fold. I thought y'all been done knew that females love the feel of the tickler. :D :D :D :D

I grew a full, connected sideburns to full beard to full mustache when I turned 13. I was just leaving jr hs and had the full-deal. Heard the jokes from opposing fans whenever I played football/basketball and then around the tennis courts for tennis play and at specific t&f meets here and there during my 4 years of HS. I VIVIDLY recall lol :D this one lady yelling obsceneties of me being a grown man in HS lol et al for almost an entire game my jr yr (was 16 at the time); I was torching this one school rushing/passing @ qb and had that huge afro coming out all sides of the helmet deal working lol :D . Immediately after the game was over, that same woman stopped me as I was on my way to the bus after a shower and apologized while holding my hand & gave me a hug; I put that beard/mustache on her neck and felt her almost collapse in my arms...I semi-whispered in her ear while putting my lips on her ear lobe "I'm coming back in 2 hours... I want you..." She smiled and said okay while giving me her phone # and address on the back of a receipt in her purse. A few class/team-mates knew something was up and wanted to ride out w/ me when we stepped off the bus but ennnnnnnnnngggggggg.... :D That 1968 and I went BACK to Huntsville, Texas :D and I gave that teenager grown-man work to that 29 y/o woman. :D I came home the next day a few hours before going to work in the restaurant that Sat evening/night. That was my norm when the beard connected. Older, mature women, spent the nights. I was never attracted to little girls my age. I had free reign because I bounced between several homes and all thought I was @ one or the other @ various times. (mother, pat grandmomma, mat grandmomma, aunt, godmother) Man I got some stories from my teenage years. Some would call it pedophilia inclined older women picking on a young man but I call it a mature young man looking/acting/sounding the part of a grown man fvcking knowing good gott damned well what he was doing, even while fvcking 2 of his mother's HS classmates. :D

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes.... welcome to the fold. I thought y'all been done knew that females love the feel of the tickler. :D :D :D :D

I grew a full, connected sideburns to full beard to full mustache when I turned 13. I was just leaving jr hs and had the full-deal. Heard the jokes from opposing fans whenever I played football/basketball and then around the tennis courts for tennis play and at specific t&f meets here and there during my 4 years of HS. I VIVIDLY recall lol :D this one lady yelling obsceneties of me being a grown man in HS lol et al for almost an entire game my jr yr (was 16 at the time); I was torching this one school rushing/passing @ qb and had that huge afro coming out all sides of the helmet deal working lol :D . Immediately after the game was over, that same woman stopped me as I was on my way to the bus after a shower and apologized while holding my hand & gave me a hug; I put that beard/mustache on her neck and felt her almost collapse in my arms...I semi-whispered in her ear while putting my lips on her ear lobe "I'm coming back in 2 hours... I want you..." She smiled and said okay while giving me her phone # and address on the back of a receipt in her purse. A few class/team-mates knew something was up and wanted to ride out w/ me when we stepped off the bus but ennnnnnnnnngggggggg.... :D That 1968 and I went BACK to Huntsville, Texas :D and I gave that teenager grown-man work to that 29 y/o woman. :D I came home the next day a few hours before going to work in the restaurant that Sat evening/night. That was my norm when the beard connected. Older, mature women, spent the nights. I was never attracted to little girls my age. I had free reign because I bounced between several homes and all thought I was @ one or the other @ various times. (mother, pat grandmomma, mat grandmomma, aunt, godmother) Man I got some stories from my teenage years. Some would call it pedophilia inclined older women picking on a young man but I call it a mature young man looking/acting/sounding the part of a grown man fvcking knowing good gott damned well what he was doing, even while fvcking 2 of his mother's HS classmates. :D
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

#beardgamematters <--funny, hilarious, off the chains.....and dangerous for a married man unless he is asking for trouble...

sidenote:The brother who created the group created it to promote his products. But the sistas highjacked it. They are approaching 1,000,000 members in 2 weeks. He should be a millionaire already and if he already is, he should have Black Women to thank!!!

Taking notes on the beard care cause mine won't let me be great.
Amazing this was brought back up. I'm rocking a beard now. I have been rocking it since December of 2020. I actually like it. Hate I didn't do it earlier.
Yeah interesting that this was brought back up......this weekend, I was given some Scotch Porter products as a gift. I tried it and really like it. ..
Think I am going to stick with that for now.

Last edited:
The biggest mistake people make when trying to grow a beard is trying to trim it while growing it. There's a period where you just got to let it do what it do and trim it after.
This is what I did, Covid and mask wearing allowed me to grow my beard and I started going back to my barber so he can edge it up.

I couldn't grow one strand of facial hair until I was about 25 or 26 lol but I've been off and on rocking a beard for years now. I only have a couple of gray strands that I'll sometimes tell the barber to clip out...although a few women say that they like it.

Back