Where are these artists?

Musikfreak

Anybody knows where these artists are?

Case :tup:
NEXT :tup:
Dru Hill
Dave Hollister

I WOULD say they should drop new albums but there's so many fake "artists" with so much BULLCHIT out right now that it might not be a good idea. Hip-Hop has become silly, and what's left of R&B is mostly cheesy. And everything sounds the same becuz there are only a handfull of "it" producers (with NO new ideas whatsoever), and waaaaaay too many artists (who know NOTHIN about music). Every now and then, someone comes with a fresh, innovative sound that stands out (like Tim & Bob's production on Bobby Valentino's album and most of Kanye's tracks) but those moments are few and far in-between.

I just feel like the type of music that young people listen to is crucial in the development of their mentalities and the way they see and live their life by the time they become adults. And right now, it seems like elementary and middle school Black kids in general are getting dumber and dumber, and not wanting to learn, and most Black people on TV and on the radio ain't even trynna put nothin positive in their heads cuz they so caught up in their own wealth and fame. So what does the future look like for Blacks?

My fault. I'm just typing as I think. Yall can just respond to the topic question, or comment on the rest if you choose to.

I would see the lead chick several times on TV but the other 2 have been Incognegro :xeye:

mighty hornet said:
where is Adriana Evans??????

Wha chu kno bout dat woman boi? Man, shorty dropped an CD about 6 years ago, and hasn't been seen since. She had a nice voice, easy on the face, and a cool CD. I expected big things from her, she was Vivian Green, before Vivian Green, was Vivian Green.

More than likely though, she's sing back up for somebody oversea's, or in local nightclubs. I don't know why, but singers are like that, the one's that don't make it, or have low sales on their first CD's, and don't get a chance to make another one, go the back-up route.

Dru Hill is done, they made a comeback CD a while back, and it didn't go copper. The group members were all doing their own thing, and then they added another cat who was supposed to be in the original group, and after Cisqo got big headed, and called out Tyrese, Usher, and Ginuwine to see who could sing, and dance the best, it was over for them.

As Mighty Hornet said, Dave Hollister put out a CD about 2 years ago, but he coulda kept that schit. He had 2 nice songs, on 1 decent song on it, and ther rest was trash.

Case got caught up in record company politics, and as the old saying goes, as long as there's singers in a church choir, you can find me a good singer.

NEXT got caught up in some politics too, and they're done. I think the lead singer tried to put out a solo project, but to no fanfare.

Beans, what do you know about Busy Bee? I didn't know you were that much of an old school rap fan.

NICE

Man, yaw kneegrows don't know nothin' about no Ms. Evans. Yaw just ruunin' yaw mouth. :lol: Yeah, she is easy on the eyes. :love:

Warndalyn said:
I sure would like to know where Dave Hollister was...I love his music. :tup:

Dave Hollister is featured on the latest Hezekiah Walker Album.......Signing lead......from what it sound like is that he found the Lord......like he was eva lost

JagGrad said:
Dave Hollister is featured on the latest Hezekiah Walker Album.......Signing lead......from what it sound like is that he found the Lord......like he was eva lost
oh, ok...what a blessing. Well, that's all to the good, then. I'd love to hear him come out w/a gospel album. That boy can sang. :tup:

Warndalyn said:
oh, ok...what a blessing. Well, that's all to the good, then. I'd love to hear him come out w/a gospel album. That boy can sang. :tup:

Yeah so would I.........he had me rocking that .........There's Cheat in Dis Ole Building...hmmmmmmmmin.........My Momma Tried to warn....But didnt want to listen...... I was like :nod: :nod: Tell em bout it Son

JagGrad said:
Yeah so would I.........he had me rocking that .........There's Cheat in Dis Ole Building...hmmmmmmmmin.........My Momma Tried to warn....But didnt want to listen...... I was like :nod: :nod: Tell em bout it Son
I know, right???? :D

He has the old school feeling to him...that's why I love him so. I love that smooth, old-school style R&B and Gospel. :tup:

Wonder where the rest of Blackstreet is??
I know one of the bruthas did Tyler Perry's Family Reunion.......Boy was sanging....

D-NICE said:
NEXT got caught up in some politics too, and they're done. I think the lead singer tried to put out a solo project, but to no fanfare.

NICE
Yeah, RL did put out a solo project, and even though it was a good album, it flopped due to promotion issues. Then NEXT put out one more album entitled "The NEXT Episode" with the moderate hit "Imagine That" and it was good too, but it flopped because of the same thing. Here's the video:CLICK

This my type of thread....

What happened:

Tony Terry

The rest of After 7... hell forget it... all of After 7 :lmao:

Shai

The rest of Mista

Monifah

Michel'le :lmao:

Total.... then again... never mind :lmao: ....

Back