Where are all those Heisman like numbers?

Dr. J

Jaguar Nation
All world Kent was 13-33-3 for 169 yards and 1 TD. He ran for 40 yards....

What happened to all 500 or 600 yards he was suppose to have with 5 or 6 TDs.... I told ya, Kent wasn't gonna play SU like that...

He did remind me of McNair in 1994, by scoring the winning TD. Both games the yellow hanky helped how the home team on the decisive drive....

I sure hope this makes you feel better.... You better hope that Bama State don't lose to A&M, cause your @$$ will be grass if you bring it to B'ham... I don't think there's no way in "L" you get to B'ham any way..., but if you do....

Dayum cheatin' tigggers..

SMH... This is sad. You lose the game due to Kents 2 4th quarter TD drives and all you can say is well Kent didnt throw for 500 yards.

This is the smack equavalent of saying "well at least the band won" ROTFF!

TBJ, BG come get ya boy!

Got Scoreboard?

Read Kents comments below:

More Comments from Kent

"There's some funny things going on up there in the clock booth," Kent said. "It was for our favor this time." :confused:

"But the only people we have to blame for losing this game is ourselves. We squandered too many opportunities. And we gave them too many opportunities in the fourth quarter with penalties." - Pete on the demoralizing 4th quarter breakdown.

Those are standard lines coaches say to the media because they are not at liberty to criticize the officiating. In any close game anyone can point out squandered opportunities to win the game. Not So Superman will need help again this Saturday to leap another tall building. :)

Did the Refs cause Fouthern to break down in the 4th and give up that fumble and blocked punt? Just asking.
01.jpg

No but they sure prevented us from getting the winning, or tying score at the end of the 4th quarter.

Clarionledger
The referees patiently wiped off the ball, just as slowly as they'd done it all night, and the clock ran out as Southern's players watched helplessly.

Originally posted by PAPAJAG
No but they sure prevented us from getting the winning, or tying score at the end of the 4th quarter.

Clarionledger
The referees patiently wiped off the ball, <font color=red>just as slowly as they'd done it all night</font>, and the clock ran out as Southern's players watched helplessly.

And there is your answer. The refs did nothing to SU that they hadn't already done to JSU.

And I'm sick of reading about y'all beeching. It's all good as long as the Jags get the favorable calls. Now y'all got problems when the refs kept slowpoking with spotting the ball the same dayum way they had done all night. I don't recall one Jag saying a word when they did that on our last drive. Too bad we had a lot more time on the clock at the time.

Y'all got enough favorable calls and JSU mistakes to win the dayum game. But good teams overcome. See JSU celebrating. See SU beeching. One team overcame. The other team didn't.

Sing with me, "We shall overcome somedaaaaaaaaayyyyyy. Ohhhhhhhhh deeeep in my hearttttttt, I do believe that we shall overcome someday."

Civil Rights marchers send help.

Robber,

Give me a break! Don't anybody beetch more then J-Stank about officiating. It is because you'll have whine so much though out the years that I point to officiating as cause SU lost. However, no way you can justify the referee standing drying the ball off and letting the clock run out. If referees did do the same thing with the ball during JSU go ahead drive. It was to JSU benefit to use as much clock as possible before scoring. In other words SU would have gotten the ball back with more than 2:18 on the clock. If one good thing come out of this we should never, ever here JSU whine about officiating again. Congratulation, and don't celebrate too much. Not So Superman got another big game this week.

PAPAJAG,

The difference between us beeching about SU calls in the past and any other game when we blame officiating, is that the calls are always one-sided. JSU gets no favorable calls in Mumford. EVER!!! Last night, we both got them. And if you were at the game an know football, you know this to be true. I'll admit that the ref was slow with the ball, but they did that crap all night.

Y'all last TD came after a series of bad calls. 1st you got credit for a pass that hit the ground. Then Levy tried to call timeout when you were out. No flag. Then on the same play the 25 second clock expired. Still no flag. Our fans, sideline and players were beeching about it and SU was allowed to run the play, which got to the 2 yard line.

And we could go back and forth with the examples. The crap went both ways.

ROBBER, WHAT YOU JUST STATED WAS THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH. PAPAJAG I KNOW IT HURTS BUT WHAT ROBBER STATED ARE THE FACTS. JUST DEAL WITH IT AND MOVE ON. REMEMBER IN TWO YEARS IT WILL BE ANOTHER ODD YEAR AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. HAHAHA

We could go back and forward. Bottom line is the scoreboard 24-21. SU still have control of it destiny. All we have to do win our remaining games against Valley, TSU, PV, and GSU. When I look at our schedule I like our chances of getting to Birmingham. If so happen JSU manage to get to Birmingham this team know the better team did not win last night.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
...and lets not forget about the roughing the center call against JSU. What the "L" is that???

Tigerpride, you are so right.

Noise Talka and I were trippin' off that one.

I suppose next time, they'll call roughing the football......:rolleyes:

See Southern, it's b**** calls like that that I have a problem with.

How can you call an almost 75 yrd. rush back only half way??? :confused: If there was a penalty, then the ball is put back where play began, correct??? :rolleyes: Right. That one should've been ours. It happens every year, but JSU still reigns victorious.

LOL@all these dayum excuses. THE WAY SU TALKED LAST WEEK, it shouldn't have been so close that the officials could "take it". lol. SU's "powerful offense and OUTSTANDING QB should have had 40 points up on the Tigers by the 4th"

LOL
LMAO

whew
Not to mention all the talk you had about our DEFENSE. lol.
Look at that SORRY ARSE DEFENSE. BOI THEY SUck huh?
01.jpg

LMAO LMAO

Not too sorry huh?
Boi that BAMA STATE fluke really had yalls heads messed up.

p.s. ABOUT THE QUESTION AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD. about Heisman yada yada.....

Bro. it was only a dayum RIVER ON THE FIELD. IT ONLY RAINED THE WHOLE DAYUM GAME. THE BALL WAS ONLY SLIPPERY AS A WET EGG. lol. Man you must be dayum crazy. But i know you must be amazed that Kent still CRUSHED your hearts on the last drive in those conditions.
80 yards on that dayum paper thin Pup Day Defense.

LMAO
LOL
:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Back