When you pray,

What's funny about someone praying? Either you believe or you don't. I mean how hard is that?

I pray in the Holy Ghost to the Father in the name of the Son to give Him thanks, to supplicate on behalf of others, in adoration and worship, and in accordance with His will.

Simple.

Since I am a Believer in God and Jesus Christ, and practice Christianity, I pray to Lord God Jehovah, creator of Heaven and earth. Just like a letter must be addressed correctly with a stamp in order to go out, I end my prayer in the name of Jesus.

I try to pray at least 3 times a day (not including when I'm in worship service). When I wake, I say a Prayer of Thanksgiving (thanking God for His love, mercy, grace, for His protection, and for His peace, and thank Him for Salvation and redemption He's given me through the blood of His Son Jesus). When I get home from work and church, I say a Prayer of Intercession for those I know and those I don't know (I firmly believe you don't have to know a person in order to pray for them); I also pray for myself, asking God to continue to keep me & my daughters, and ask Him for wisdom, strength, patience, discipline, and guidance. Before I go to bed, I say a Prayer of Praise, acknowledging God for who He is and what He is and the marvellous things He's done.

Every Wednesday before Bible study, my church has Intercessory Prayer. From 6pm to 6:45pm, members are in the Sanctuary praying for each other, for our church and our pastor, praying for families and children, praying for those in bereavment and those in walking in bitterness and despair. We pray for those in nursing homes, hospitals, jails, we pray for our city and community and pray for other churches and leaders to stay in God. We pray for our schools, places of work and co-workers (Lord knows I pray for mine because they're some real triflin' individuals), for our political leaders and the POTUS and for this country. We pray for those we know and don't know but hear about and read about in this country and across the world. We pray for our military. We pray that God continue to reveal Himself to some and present Himself to those who don't know Him. We pray for souls to come to Christ and that we live so others see God in us, we pray for peace of mind for all, and pray for strength to fight against the enemy, and for everyone who walks in Christ to stay focused and strengthed and encouraged. We pray that God remove, restore, revive, and return. Every Sunday, right after Sunday School dismisses and just before our 11am worship service, the Daughters of Zion pray in our chapel; they pray for our pastor and our worship service but anyone who desires prayer is welcome to go in the chapel.

I've been going to Intercessory Prayer at my church since 2011 and it has really helped me. I've rediscovered the importance of praying for others and how it helps with my own personal prayer life. Before I ask God for anything, I thank Him for everything, even when I'm going through some really bad and tough times.

Last edited:
Since I am a Believer in God and Jesus Christ, and practice Christianity, I pray to Lord God Jehovah, creator of Heaven and earth. Just like a letter must be addressed correctly with a stamp in order to go out, I end my prayer in the name of Jesus.

I try to pray at least 3 times a day (not including when I'm in worship service). When I wake, I say a Prayer of Thanksgiving (thanking God for His love, mercy, grace, for His protection, and for His peace, and thank Him for Salvation and redemption He's given me through the blood of His Son Jesus). When I get home from work and church, I say a Prayer of Intercession for those I know and those I don't know (I firmly believe you don't have to know a person in order to pray for them); I also pray for myself, asking God to continue to keep me & my daughters, and ask Him for wisdom, strength, patience, discipline, and guidance. Before I go to bed, I say a Prayer of Praise, acknowledging God for who He is and what He is and the marvellous things He's done.

Every Wednesday before Bible study, my church has Intercessory Prayer. From 6pm to 6:45pm, members are in the Sanctuary praying for each other, for our church and our pastor, praying for families and children, praying for those in bereavment and those in walking in bitterness and despair. We pray for those in nursing homes, hospitals, jails, we pray for our city and community and pray for other churches and leaders to stay in God. We pray for our schools, places of work and co-workers (Lord knows I pray for mine because they're some real triflin' individuals), for our political leaders and the POTUS and for this country. We pray for those we know and don't know but hear about and read about in this country and across the world. We pray for our military. We pray that God continue to reveal Himself to some and present Himself to those who don't know Him. We pray for souls to come to Christ and that we live so others see God in us, we pray for peace of mind for all, and pray for strength to fight against the enemy, and for everyone who walks in Christ to stay focused and strengthed and encouraged. We pray that God remove, restore, revive, and return. Every Sunday, right after Sunday School dismisses and just before our 11am worship service, the Daughters of Zion pray in our chapel; they pray for our pastor and our worship service but anyone who desires prayer is welcome to go in the chapel.

I've been going to Intercessory Prayer at my church since 2011 and it has really helped me. I've rediscovered the importance of praying for others and how it helps with my own personal prayer life. Before I ask God for anything, I thank Him for everything, even when I'm going through some really bad and tough times.

You sound like a woman after God's very own heart.

You sound like a woman after God's very own heart.

I'm certainly trying to learn more about Him and what pleases Him and trying to get closer to Him. I never get tired of learning about God and each time I read and hear the Word of God, I am excited and I learn something about myself, too. It's so easy to tell a person who's going through "I'll keep you in prayer" or "I'm praying for you" but then you go home and forget or get wrapped up in your own life. When I was ignorant in my faith, I used to do that. But as you grow and mature in Christ, you discover that there are so many people walking in hurt or anxiety, walking in suicide and depression, and many do want and need prayer. We deal with so much hate, violence, evil, cruelty in this world; folks need prayer. Wisdom and prayer has taught me to recognize the immediate need of those who stand in need of prayer and to pray for them right there on the spot. I've learned that many are very, very appreciative of it also.

Men ought always to pray and not to faint.....Luke 18:1

I'm certainly trying to learn more about Him and what pleases Him and trying to get closer to Him. I never get tired of learning about God and each time I read and hear the Word of God, I am excited and I learn something about myself, too. It's so easy to tell a person who's going through "I'll keep you in prayer" or "I'm praying for you" but then you go home and forget or get wrapped up in your own life. When I was ignorant in my faith, I used to do that. But as you grow and mature in Christ, you discover that there are so many people walking in hurt or anxiety, walking in suicide and depression, and many do want and need prayer. We deal with so much hate, violence, evil, cruelty in this world; folks need prayer. Wisdom and prayer has taught me to recognize the immediate need of those who stand in need of prayer and to pray for them right there on the spot. I've learned that many are very, very appreciative of it also.

Men ought always to pray and not to faint.....Luke 18:1

I know what you speak of all too well. I have prayed for the grieved and weary at an instant right where I was standing. Side-walks, hallways....you name it, and you are so right they are very appreciative. I have no doubt that Godly wisdom and prayer has taught and prepared you for the work God has tasked you for. I pray that you remain steadfast in what God has crafted you do, and that you continue your obedience to the Lord when he moves you to pray for others. God bless you Lioness, keep the faith.

Back