When will BET air TSU and PVU football games?

DaBOX 96' Snare

1st Stack Drum2Drum ever
BET will not air SWAC teams' football games in
Texas.....I ain't hatin on the SWAC schools that currently get air time but I would just like them to spread the wealth. I know our football team will probably lost the game but most people tune in for the halftime..... Give uh brutha some insight on this

I think most of the networks put more value on the actual game than the half time shows. For HBCU's the bands are just icing on the cake. until we build a decent football program our air-time will always be limited.

Originally posted by solophone96
I think most of the networks put more value on the actual game than the half time shows. For HBCU's the bands are just icing on the cake. until we build a decent football program our air-time will always be limited.

What about TSU? They have been far better than us football wise and they still won't put them on TV

yeah but who wants to see any team get thier arse spanked.... no smack intended towards our team of course. The networks ahve to get some faith the game it self will be worth tuning into for 4 quarters...

The last time TSU appeared on BET Black College Football was 1992, (correct me if Im wrong) against SU. Although the game was in Baton Rouge, it was nice to actually see your school on television.

The last I heard MBC will not broadcast another TxSU game.
However, BET broadcasting a PVAMU or TxSU game :confused: I dunno

I saw on another post that another HBCU LDB was attended by 50,000 and 30,000 was at the TSU vs PVU LDC.
Until TSU/PVU pull numbers 50K stong, the local news is about all we will get as far as TV time.

I found the thread:
Swac Attendance

ASU/FAMU-54,951
TSU/PVAM-30,358

Until we get numbers like that, Local News. :smh:

Originally posted by Quietstorm

Can you give more details of this. Not saying that you are not telling the truth. I just want more details.

Can you give more details of this. Not saying that you are not telling the truth. I just want more details.

Originally posted by Incipience

SO that it will not seem that I am smacking TxSU! PLease send me private message !

SO that it will not seem that I am smacking TxSU! PLease send me private message !
Qstorm,
I would like to know as well. I dont believe you are smacking Texas Southern, just sharing information.

Originally posted by docmump
I saw on another post that another HBCU LDB was attended by 50,000 and 30,000 was at the TSU vs PVU LDC.
Until TSU/PVU pull numbers 50K stong, the local news is about all we will get as far as TV time.

I found the thread:
Swac Attendance

ASU/FAMU-54,951
TSU/PVAM-30,358

OK, goodpoint..........And I have a point for you too.........What about the Al Lipscomb State Fair Classic-PVU vs GSU---It averages 60 to 70,000 per year....I heard that it was the 2nd largest classic next to the Bayou Classic......Whazup wit that being shown on tv?:redhot: :redhot:

Originally posted by DaBOX 96' Snare

What about the Al Lipscomb State Fair Classic-PVU vs GSU---It averages 60 to 70,000 per year....I heard that it was the 2nd largest classic next to the Bayou Classic

Please do better research, the Florida Classic is the largest classic (attendance wise) for the past couple of years.

The last company that the SWAC had a TV contract with, there was 2 years straight that the LDC was televised. I think it was in 2000 & 2001, the station was not in HOuston and channel 51 picked up the game. The one in 2001 they had some technical difficulties with because of the storm that come thru. Lucky the game was in the dome becuase it was a monsoon outside. That was the biggest complaint because the stations were not in Swac schools cities.

Taken from swac.org

2003 SWAC TV Football Schedule
Date Schools (Event) Site Time Network

10/04 Prairie View vs. Grambling State(State Fair Classic)Dallas, TX 7:00p MBC-TV

11/01 Texas Southern vs. Grambling State(Grambling Homecoming) Grambling, LA 1:00p MBC-TV

11/08 Ark.-Pine Bluff vs. Prairie View Houston, TX 8:00p MBC-TV

Now ya happy??? As for BET, they only televise the major classics, don't know why State Fair never fit that bill but they have never aired it and I doubt they will now.

OK, goodpoint..........And I have a point for you too.........What about the Al Lipscomb State Fair Classic-PVU vs GSU---It averages 60 to 70,000 per year....I heard that it was the 2nd largest classic next to the Bayou Classic......Whazup wit that being shown on tv?:redhot: :redhot:
The Answer. Who is going to those games in Dallas, College people or Dallas Folk? Dallas Folk! The minority of the people that attend the state fair is the local people from Dallas looking for something different to do. That is why the game is not on TV. The Bayou Classic and other Televised Classics are attended by the majority of the people who have interest in the school instead of the locals from the area.

We have a better chance of getting the TSU vs PVU on TV before the State Fair because of the croud the LDC attracts. Got it? :D

Originally posted by lilC
On another note, I wonder what would happen if we moved the LDC to Dallas?:confused:
Same thing. More Dallas folx instead of TSU or PVU folx. Over time, they probably would loose money.

Interesting. It would probably be the same in Cali too, huh? Oh well. I do sincerely think that maybe one year we could use a new location. But don't quote me to disaster.

But don't quote me to disaster. Thanks LilC

Originally posted by lilC
Interesting. It would probably be the same in Cali too, huh? Oh well. I do sincerely think that maybe one year we could use a new location. But don't quote me to disaster.
*Snicker*
The only new location I would like to see is out of the Reliant Center (Astodome or the new stadium). Move it back to Rice Stadium. For get the past and have it there.

I'm feeling Rice.....I'd be feeling it even more if we had stadium like that on Alabama and Dowling.

on "don't quote me on disaster" the score was 28-21 remember? I was really close, just for the wrong team.:bawling:

The Answer. Who is going to those games in Dallas, College people or Dallas Folk? Dallas Folk! The minority of the people that attend the state fair is the local people from Dallas looking for something different to do. That is why the game is not on TV. The Bayou Classic and other Televised Classics are attended by the majority of the people who have interest in the school instead of the locals from the area.

We have a better chance of getting the TSU vs PVU on TV before the State Fair because of the croud the LDC attracts. Got it? :D
:redhot: :redhot: I still say that they should air the State Fair Classic on T.V.........I don't care if it is all Dallas folk, all Houston folk, or a bunch of mules at the game.........They need to show it......End of story :redhot: :redhot:

:redhot: :redhot: I still say that they should air the State Fair Classic on T.V.........I don't care if it is all Dallas folk, all Houston folk, or a bunch of mules at the game.........They need to show it......End of story :redhot: :redhot:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Bacause of that other page everything is funny to me now. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Back