What's happening at GSU

thegooddoctor

Things are very quite at Grambling. What's going on? Another coach is moving on.

Mike Bigg is very quite. Are additional changes coming on the coaching staff?

By the way, are these all former SU players that are leaving Doug?

This past season's lost to SU isn't cause to redo the entire coaching staff. Is Doug panicking?

Originally posted by thegooddoctor
Things are very quite at Grambling. What's going on? Another coach is moving on.

Mike Bigg is very quite. Are additional changes coming on the coaching staff?

By the way, are these all former SU players that are leaving Doug?

This past season's lost to SU isn't cause to redo the entire coaching staff. Is Doug panicking?

TGD,

Things could be quite at Grambling right now because around this time a year the coaches are on the road to do this thing called...recruiting. :idea: :D

And as far as the coaching changes go, why ask the question if Doug is panicking just because they went to SU? Was he in a panick when he hired them originally? Given what we witnessed this past season (not just the SU game) changes were bound to happen.

Actually the turnover is long overdue. Usually, staffs don't stay together this long. Most of the time, guys get hired away as they seek opportunities to advance. The fact that these guys were former jag players had nothing to do with Doug's decision:

Mike Roach (former SU player) resigned for personal reasons and returned home to Baton Rouge.

Gabe Northern (former LSU player) was hired following the resignation of another former SU coach who left for personal reasons. The hiring didn't work out so a change was made...Please note that Northern is not an SU alum.

Marshall Hayes (former SU player) was "allowed" to resign due to unprofessionalism on his part. He's my frat and I love him as a good bruh...BUT, he learned a valuable lesson about the need to exercise discretion in what he says and who he says it around.

Heishma Northern (former SU player) has been with Doug since Morehouse. Doug gave Heish his first coaching job and has not terminated him from the staff. That decision is left up to Northern... Perhaps Pete will hire him so that he can have at least one former jaguar on his staff.

I guess one could make the assumption that the were let go because of their SU affiliation. But those who know the deal realize that not to be the case. Even the best of relationships erode or simply change. Did Terrence Graves grow tired of working for Pete Richardson or did he simply decide it was time to pursue other opportunities? Same for Singletary when he left SU. What about Mike Vite when he left?

Originally posted by MikeBigg

I guess one could make the assumption that the were let go because of their SU affiliation. But those who know the deal realize that not to be the case. Even the best of relationships erode or simply change. Did Terrence Graves grow tired of working for Pete Richardson or did he simply decide it was time to pursue other opportunities? Same for Singletary when he left SU. What about Mike Vite when he left?

So was all or any of these GSU alum's ? Just asking.

Re: Just Asking

Originally posted by thegooddoctor
Thanks for the info brother Bigg.
I kinda figured you knew what was happening.

Only speculating based on what I was told by some players. There's always underlying situations, but I don't think it had to do with where the guys went to school. If that was an issue Doug wouldn't have hired them.

I hope it works out for all parties. I had heard rumors that one of the Northerns might end up at SU. Have you heard anything about Gabe replacing LaVigne.

No news on the assistant coaches

To answer your question, I haven't hear anything regarding the assistant coaches. Earlier it was rumoured that Orlando would be returning, but that has quieted down.
I guess after recruiting the assistants situations will open up.

By the way, I knew the changes at GSU with the assistants didn't have anything to do with where they had come from.

I would think that Orlando and Oliver on the same staff could cause some uneasiness. You have a good staff and after winning the BCF National Champ. it shouldn't be hard replacing LaVigne.

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Actually the turnover is long overdue. Usually, staffs don't stay together this long. Most of the time, guys get hired away as they seek opportunities to advance. The fact that these guys were former jag players had nothing to do with Doug's decision:

Mike Roach (former SU player) resigned for personal reasons and returned home to Baton Rouge.

Gabe Northern (former LSU player) was hired following the resignation of another former SU coach who left for personal reasons. The hiring didn't work out so a change was made...Please note that Northern is not an SU alum.

Marshall Hayes (former SU player) was "allowed" to resign due to unprofessionalism on his part. He's my frat and I love him as a good bruh...BUT, he learned a valuable lesson about the need to exercise discretion in what he says and who he says it around.

Heishma Northern (former SU player) has been with Doug since Morehouse. Doug gave Heish his first coaching job and has not terminated him from the staff. That decision is left up to Northern... Perhaps Pete will hire him so that he can have at least one former jaguar on his staff.

Good points, Bigg!

Back