What type of program is Cooper running?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Your chit for brains statement makes one wonder???

Originally posted by STRAWDOG
Robber/Blue Bengal...
I am sure that an athlete CAN play on probation at jsue however that can not and will not happen at AAMU. When I was in school and participating in extracurricular activities I had no one fill out my schedule or to make sure I went to class, did the required work, turned in the correct assignments and participated in the study group help sessions.

Unlike jsue, ALABAMA A & M UNIVERSITY <font color=red>does</font> have courses in :
1.) Spam tossing (101)
2.) Making potty meat into an hors d'oeuvre (304 1/2)
3.) Out house seating (622)
4.) The art of Jerri Curl grooming (307)
5.) 1001 ways to say 'yas suh' to 'mr. mississippi white folks (110)
6.) Picking dat cotten (102)
7.) Correctional facility management (401)

Kenyon was taking REAL courses from REAL professors!

WE WOULD BE WILLING TO MATCH OUR STUDENT ATHLETE GRADUATION RATE WITH ANY SCHOOL WITHIN THE SWAC!! This young man has the opportunity to continue his quest for an education even though his Athletic Scholarship will come to an end. We take care of our own unlike jsue, our student athletes don't fade away into obscurity after their playing days are over.
By the way, you will see this kid get an opportunity to play at the next level!

Scraw,

What was the point of all that crap. Man, the fact is y'all got this dumb ass brotha flunking out of school and the coach isn't even concerned that he's failing, but rather he won't get to coach him. _ _ D and sm_ _ _ t _ _ _.

And it's nice to know that 0-7 DOES have those courses you mentioned. Now I understand y'alls fixation with spam. You eat more of it than everybody else in the country. Now y'all got classes about it. Stepin Fetchit would be real proud of that curriculum.

As for Hambrick, I sure hope he makes it in the league. I mean, 0-7 damn sure ain't done nothing to help out his career. No diploma. Did he get his GED??? I'd rather he'd gotten done in by the white boys than one of us.:( But I know you ain't gone turn your back on him. You gone take him with you to the QBA courses and get him some learning, aintcha Scraw???

Originally posted by Get Ready
Cleb,

I see you havent learned a thing. Cooper is not going to kill himself, he will get somebody else to kill themselves for him. That way he wont get the blame. Now do you see?

I understand GR. Kinda like that Rae Carruth situation right? Remember the fetal position?

Robber you can't tell these fools nothing

They are from John Coffey A&M. They expect to fail, and recruit failures!

What else did you expect.....

May name Coffey, John Coffey, like the drank, only spelt diff'rent.

Now Boss you knows I cant read.

Hey Tru,

Since you are majoring in Urban Devlelopment, you must not be planning to live in Huntsville.

Maybe he should have joined a fraternity. That would have straightened him out, right MD?

G phi G, send help.

Could everyone keep in mind that all of these players were transfers besides Donnell. You never know what happenned with grades from their other schools and what grades did or didnt transfer to the university. I dont even think Kenyon finished his semester at Hinds. I think he quit after football season. He hasnt even been in school all of the years.

And you still accepted him? This story is getting sadder and sadder. I see why he couldnt come to JSU? We dont play this mess.

After all of this, all I can say is :rolleyes:

Originally posted by DAHILL
I dont even think Kenyon finished his semester at Hinds. I think he quit after football season. He hasnt even been in school all of the years.

my my my...

Is this what we'll have to look forward to from AAMU?

The news just gets worser and worser.....

mdisa.gif

mecry.gif

Thanks for the kind words TP. You're a real pal...:rolleyes:

:(

I think I'm going to put in a request to Creflo Dollar. He has a direct line to The Man Upstairs.....

If you just drop out of school, don't you like flunk that semester. How did Hambrick ever qualify to play for 0-7???:confused: Now that I think about it, that might be a dumb question.:rolleyes: I think I know.

GR
I guess Cooper is building a thug program up there. Bellamy was first, but at least he had the guts to quit the team because he knew Cooper didn't give a damn about him. I just feel sorry for these guys. Now they have to hang out with the stealing cornerback and steal from MD and Straw because they can't get a job. Maybe MD will give them a job cutting his grass. Maybe Straw will tutor them and they can finish their basket weaving degree. This is sad. How big was Cooper's raise this year?

That whole sitution is Sad.
Im an alumni who was in countless organizations and sports. No excuses on this one.
Coach and Player are at Fault.
This makes my Alma mater look bad.

AAMU c/o 2000

BB

Remember how at the beginning of the 99 season, Bellamy was going to be the savior? By the end, the Dogpound make him out to be the worstest thug in Huntsville, even more thuggish than Bo and Luke Duke. Man I sure wouldnt want to be in a foxhole with these guys. They believe anything Cooper tells them. Kinda like a cult.

David Coresh send help
Jim Jones..where are you?

Sorry for Ham and the rest but AAMU will continue to move in a positive direction. It is hard for a coach to balance academics with atheletics, ask Dr. Thomas, but Coach Cooper has done a great job in these past two recruiting years.
In spite of the losses, AAMU will be better on both sides of the ball this year and the average GPA will be extremely high by ALL standards!

Note to AAMU posters.

If Cooper tries to get you to drink some strawberry kool aid. Don't go for it.

The ghost of Jim Jones lives on.

Originally posted by C-LeB28
Note to AAMU posters.

If Cooper tries to get you to drink some strawberry kool aid. Don't go for it.

The ghost of Jim Jones lives on.

Cooper got some fresh "Lemonade" for them

LMAO!!

Red kool-aid...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Man but this is John Coffey A&M we are talking about....you could warn them...and they would drink it anyway!!

GR
Cooper got them thinking his shizznit doesn't. Mighty and Strawdog think it's air freshner. Where is Mike? He will buy Cooper's shizznit if he wasn't getting it free already.

AAMU has a history of adversity; in comparsion this is a small issue. We understand the politics around here and we will overcome just as we have in the past. Do not get your hopes up that AAMU is in trouble. I will have to admit that I did not know that athletes had to be working toward a degree in a specific major. But I do know that the Board of Trustees directed that no courses would be canceled if a student needed it to graduate. Based on what I know and that is suppose to be the order of the day. Somebody is a little slack on the job. However, I understand why so many athletes are majoring in programs I never heard of due to the 95 credits course requirements. In addition, I now understand why some many athletes are leaving school early.

I have personally experienced the fact that the academic folks at AAMU will not do athletes any favors. It has always been that you must get the work and they don't care how many roads games or practices you have.

I can recall when Coach Bonner was told to bring in good students. Everybody he recruited was a scholar. He could not win with these kids, because they were majoring in the hard sciences and engineering courses. Never could hold a decent practice, because they were always in class. The guy was fired because he could not win with these players, but he did what he was instructed to do. They didn't win many games but they all graduated and are employed.
I did attend some academic meetings where certain eligibilty requirements were discussed. It appeared at that meeting everyone was on the same page. I have to believe the Hambrick case is no surprise to the administrators.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back