What Prairie View alum/group was dumb enough to write this article?

Kenn Rashad

Person In Charge
Staff member
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: IS THE A&M SYSTEM AND BOARD RESPONSIBLE FOR PRAIRIE VIEW’S PAST AND PRESENT FOOTBALL WOES?

WRITTEN BY: WOKE PVAMU ALUMS

An article entitled ERIC DOOLEY NAMED HEAD FOOTBALL COACH of the Prairie View A&M University Panthers recently appeared in the Forward Times newspaper. Basically, the story was the verbatim press release of PVAMU’s Athletics Department. Readers of the story would likely have formed the impression that Dooley’s hiring was a welcome development for all concerned. However, readers would have formed a false impression. Dooley’s hiring was aggressively and vigorously opposed by a substantial number of PVAMU alums.

http://forwardtimes.com/letter-edit...ble-prairie-views-past-present-football-woes/

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Wouldn't surprise me if someone on here did going by their sentiment towards a certain former Valley AD.

Wouldn't surprise me if someone on here did going by their sentiment towards a certain former Valley AD.

I wish I was that forward and had that type of dedicated time. I could have E-A-S-I-L-Y created a similar type article.

And for the most part, the article is accurate - whomever our AD is (forgot his name lol) does not fit the need to move PVAMU athletics forward, imho. Let a few naive tell it, the current AD is fully responsible for the new athletic venues @ PVAMU. ::insert retarded smiley from 18 years ago here::

WOKE PVAMU ALUMS

giphy.gif

Damn slap in the face for Dooley and his staff. I wouldn't want to be anywhere that i wasn't wanted.

Don't let the opinion of one, two, four, seven, ... cause an outside appearance that we're not going to stand behind coach because we are [we have no choice in the matter other than to bytch/complain or give him support, initially]. He's wanted in pantherland, until he doesn't deliver. lol There is frustration over PV's "administrative"/search process, for the most part.

We stand behind coach Dooley and his "pending" staff. We have no choice in the matter, at the moment.

I have my thoughts about who it may be. When you have your own online publication you can publish whatever you like and hide behind an op-ed written by a “woke PV alum”
Understood. And again, I want to make it clear that I don't have a problem with the content of the article. I should have made that point more clearly. But for a publication such as this, which claims to have been around since the 1950s, you don't publish Op-Eds under a name such as "Woke PVAMU Alums".

LETTER TO THE EDITOR: IS THE A&M SYSTEM AND BOARD RESPONSIBLE FOR PRAIRIE VIEW’S PAST AND PRESENT FOOTBALL WOES?

WRITTEN BY: WOKE PVAMU ALUMS

An article entitled ERIC DOOLEY NAMED HEAD FOOTBALL COACH of the Prairie View A&M University Panthers recently appeared in the Forward Times newspaper. Basically, the story was the verbatim press release of PVAMU’s Athletics Department. Readers of the story would likely have formed the impression that Dooley’s hiring was a welcome development for all concerned. However, readers would have formed a false impression. Dooley’s hiring was aggressively and vigorously opposed by a substantial number of PVAMU alums.

http://forwardtimes.com/letter-edit...ble-prairie-views-past-present-football-woes/
YIKES!

Understood. And again, I want to make it clear that I don't have a problem with the content of the article. I should have made that point more clearly. But for a publication such as this, which claims to have been around since the 1950s, you don't publish Op-Eds under a name such as "Woke PVAMU Alums".

I have a problem with it. We’re discussing it in our alumni group on Facebook. It’s a coward article.

The owner is a UH alum though. Likely a friend of hers wrote it

Seems like she's a mover and shaker. I'm glad she's a StU and uofh-downtown alum instead of PVAMU alum or PVAMU would've been severely publicly roasted over the last 40+ or so years lol, which would have been warranted, I'm sure.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I enjoyed every word of it. I told ya'll Simmons aint win nothing. He beat what? ONE team with a winning record in 3 year? lol

Get out of here with that.

..and this part

You would only need to watch the press conference announcing Dooley’s hiring to know that Dooley is more likely to be mistaken for a Louisiana farm hand than a NCAA Division I head football coach. He was embarrassing. Let’s just say that Dooley is not on a first name basis with the English language.

.......DEAD.........

lol

You think that was something, you should ask Dooley about that email he got before he was offered the position from another alumnus. SMH

Now, now Fiyah. That was sent by a distinguished Prairie View graduate who hails from PVAMU's heyday, of which none of us lesser recent graduates can approach. We have to respect the legacy the elders built because none of us recent grads contributed shit to PVAMU's "glory years."

Back