what makes your band program unique from all the rest

Originally posted by C-Murder
i guess..........you see how nigras instagating???? anyways.....thats all nice and all but i mean yall are kind of like the unknown of the swac......thats the point i was gettin at......

AEA

I feel ya. But to say we are an unknown isn't quite true. Everybody in the SWAC knows OF us, but most haven't experienced us. Not our fault, but it's the stigma we live with. I would much rather nobody talk about us at all than for folks to dog us like Valley and Grambling.

To add to sphis and Cleve...when the Storm does happen to travel and people get to see them its nothin but love and props. I rarely see or hear a bad word from someone who has actualy "seen" the band (we do have alot of Storm experts that couldn't tell you the color of the uniforms).

I would have to agree with blaque prince and s phi! When we do travel to play another school we get nothing but respect and applause from the school and the crowd! If someone u other band people went to see PV play TnSU u would know what I am talkin about! Cause we r used to playin SWAC schools and that was the first time we have played a school in the MEAC and we got nothing but respect for TnSU and they have nothing but respect for us! We never talk down on any other school that we have not played because they might of just heard things about us and have not had the chance to see us up and close and personal! What makes PV unique from the rest I would have to say is the way r music is arranged my the people who write the music we play(S phi S is one of our arrangers) and the music he writes for us to play doesn't just have one section stickin out it let's us show off every instrument and that is what makes PV unique from the rest of the bands!

Fall' 01
TNT/MST

:cool: :cool: DUH WHY DO YOU THINK THEY CALL US THE SWAC BEST KEPT SECRET. NOIT FOR LONG THOUGH.

CO/97 MAGNIFICANT MELLO----PHONE
TO THE EAST MY BROTHER

No Music Major, at least during my era.

There was no music major at Tuskegee, so you were in band basically for the love of it and music. It was all on you. I majored in engineering and was in band all five years while there even though it put a huge strain on my coarse work. Those band practices that often went until 10:00 pm instead of 9:00 per the schedule devastated my study time on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights. Definitely the fact that everybody in the band at Tuskegee is in it on their own time other than for a PE credit their freshman year(if that is still the case).

the only reason yall sound "big" when yall meet us at the classic is because of all of those mics yall have at the classic......were always going low mics or no mics but you can hear every horn yall got cause errybody got a mic!

you have all them kids fooled friday night and then when they see yall cant get yalls sound across the superdome on saturday afternoon...........its just so misleading!!!!!!:bawling: :bawling: :D :D

Back