what makes your band program unique from all the rest

shrek01

there is some thing about every band program that makes it stand out from the rest even though some are not as strong as others.

Originally posted by C-Murder
we all male, we all brass, we real loud...............nuff said:D :D

That is not entirely accurate, Mr. C-Murder. From my endless calculations I would have to state that there were about 5 females, 15-20 woodwinds, and 24 percussion instruments. Oh, and Valley is louder than us on one of their bad days.....:D

The Bluffs unique by the people in it, everybody come to the program with a mind to play good music, tech wise, we descent, sound wise, superb, and we keep a pretty descent size every year.

GBNF
D.G." U know my Steez"

well mr state trooper when males outnumber females like 170 to 4(alicia is gone) we are considered all male because we're the majority.......and woodwinds dont count.....we'll okay they do but still...................shut up dammit!:D :D :D

no one can outdrill us for one thing. WE HAVE OUR OWN ORIGINAL STYLE of marching(jaguar rock) and playing(our arrangements, our focus on power, even though it really comes naturally, he he he), we have never had anyone to direct the band, that did not march in the band, just all kinds of stuff, docta.;)

We dance and play more than anybody. We have one of the most exciting half time shows. We have a millitary type marching style,... sounding off on 4 and 8. Instruments that was used in the church was placed on the football field. We usually have a sideline rhythm section. We use to rig up our timpani on a cart with wheels until manufactuers started making instruments to accomodate marching bands. Our band is primarily one of the first to be selected to participate in something new to marching bands. The ideal was to have a symphonic sound and to make the band sound bigger than they really were.

Originally posted by Legend35
We dance and play more than anybody. We have one of the most exciting half time shows. We have a millitary type marching style,... sounding off on 4 and 8. Instruments that was used in the church was placed on the football field. We usually have a sideline rhythm section. We use to rig up our timpani on a cart with wheels until manufactuers started making instruments to accomodate marching bands. Our band is primarily one of the first to be selected to participate in something new to marching bands. The ideal was to have a symphonic sound and to make the band sound bigger than they really were.

well said

well pv, if yall are so good how come nobody ever says it???? are yall ever in anything getting any recognition nationwide or worldwide???? does anybody know you???? yall are a decent band dont get me wrong but ya'll actin as if yall are the best in the swac or something, and we all know that is nowhere near the case... so please get ya mind correct..................

thank you

Originally posted by Legend35
I like that!
Hey Legend,
Check your PM

well pv, if yall are so good how come nobody ever says it???? are yall ever in anything getting any recognition nationwide or worldwide???? does anybody know you???? yall are a decent band dont get me wrong but ya'll actin as if yall are the best in the swac or something, and we all know that is nowhere near the case... so please get ya mind correct..................

thank you

First off, he didn't even say that we had the best band. He said that nobody is like us. And he was right. The same way nobody can match SU's brassy sound or style of play, nobody in the SWAC keeps their sound pointed at the sideline for an entire show. Most of these clone bands are 8 to 5'ing all day long. Nobody has a PV sound. Our style of arranging is different, our sound is different. The same way you feel about your band is the way we feel about ours.

Why don't we get the recognition? I don't have the answer for that, but we KNOW we are good and therefore don't need the approval of people like you to validate that point. We do much more than many people think, but we don't feel the need to advertise all of it like some bands do.

And 3rd, don't associate one person's opinion with that of the entire band. Each individual is entitled to his own opinion.

I don't want to start anything but, to this I just want to say that PV's band can compete with anybody. My personal belief is that the product (The Band) has to be marketed. I just wish you all could travel more. I like PV a lot and I feel if they traveled a little more EVERYONE would recognize them. I know everyone who is band oriented knows who you are. I also agree that just because you travel alot doesn't make you the best,....just blessed with a break.

well,personally, i liketo refer to pv as the swacs best kept secret.
and remember,"college students" that is just my opinion, so dont get so touchy.

ok...........................message!!!!!!!!!!!!:lecture:

you make me wanna
:vomit:
Just consider me an anti-biotic,....What's good and true for us sometimes makes us sick before it makes us well. That's because it has to fight all those backed up viruses that is decaying and poisoning the system. :infect: :goodbad: :sick: :vomit: :) :flippy:

Originally posted by s phi s
First off, he didn't even say that we had the best band. He said that nobody is like us. And he was right. The same way nobody can match SU's brassy sound or style of play, nobody in the SWAC keeps their sound pointed at the sideline for an entire show. Most of these clone bands are 8 to 5'ing all day long. Nobody has a PV sound. Our style of arranging is different, our sound is different. The same way you feel about your band is the way we feel about ours.

Why don't we get the recognition? I don't have the answer for that, but we KNOW we are good and therefore don't need the approval of people like you to validate that point. We do much more than many people think, but we don't feel the need to advertise all of it like some bands do.

And 3rd, don't associate one person's opinion with that of the entire band. Each individual is entitled to his own opinion.

Man 9 words sparked that whole outburst.....must have been building up for a while lol.

well pv, if yall are so good how come nobody ever says it???? are yall ever in anything getting any recognition nationwide or worldwide???? does anybody know you????

Well, FRAT, since you asked...:rolleyes:

We did a Presidential inaguration parade (same one the Jukebox has been to), and did so at the invitation of a drunken redneck legacy "Dumas". Alumni from the "Mc Funk Box" have won awards from PAS (Purcussive Arts Society). Almost every dummer in Houston owes what he knows to Prairie View. People that came through this band have become some of the leading band directors in the South (e.g. Mark Gordon - Smiley H.S., Ronald Thornton(also TxSU) - Willowridge H.S.). Most comments said about PV are in fact made by people from other bands. A Super Bowl and a "certain movie" that they called you guys for? They called us too. We had the dignity to not compromise oureslves.

We must be doing something right, huh?

But then again, we don't make all the football trips, THEREFORE, we're the worst in the SWAC. :rolleyes:

Travel vs. Quaility...I see no corelation.

By the way,
AEA

Originally posted by ClevePVAMU
Most comments said about PV are in fact made by people from other bands. A Super Bowl and a "certain movie" that they called you guys for? They called us too. We had the dignity to not compromise oureslves.

We must be doing something right, huh?

But then again, we don't make all the football trips, THEREFORE, we're the worst in the SWAC. :rolleyes:

Travel vs. Quaility...I see no corelation.

:confused:

i guess..........you see how nigras instagating???? anyways.....thats all nice and all but i mean yall are kind of like the unknown of the swac......thats the point i was gettin at......

AEA

Back