What is your view on College in 2016

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
Personally,
I am indifferent on the value of college these days. I was once a defender of the collegiate experience but now I only think it is a good idea if the ROI is decent.

My view now is really two things... 1) Find a path to sustainable and adequate income 2)Become educated about the things that are important in life. These paths may or may not include college.

My views are the same today as they were 30years ago. College is not for everyone. Some people needs trades. Some people are power driven and some people need something to cling to. The point is some people are go getters and some just like the slow lane. Owning a business is tough and takes sacrificing things in life many times. Working for someone can be stressful as well.

My views are the same today as they were 30years ago. College is not for everyone. Some people needs trades. Some people are power driven and some people need something to cling to. The point is some people are go getters and some just like the slow lane. Owning a business is tough and takes sacrificing things in life many times. Working for someone can be stressful as well.
Had I discovered the entrepreneurial life prior to college, I am not sure I would have went outside of going to play football. I definitely would not have gotten my master's degree.

It cost way too much for the return on investment.

Not if you have your ass in the highest gear possible and get 1000% financial assistance from those entities that are waiting to secure your skill set once you complete. The ROI was remarkable. Invested sincere desire, drive, and absorption/practice and the return was making more in one week than the avg joe makes in one year. There has to be sacrifice in order to gain. A closed fist never EVER received anything. The hands have to be open (to learn, drive, absorb, acquire, work, et al).

IMHO, college/university life is not for everyone. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong w/ taking up a trade. I'm jealous I never learned to lay bricks smh. My shit looks ridiculous when I'm done w/ it smh. (a few mailboxes smh )

Back