What is your head football coach's salary?

bornthrilla

Proud ***** of JSU
I read somewhere that LC was making $ 130k a year at Alabama State. I think Comegy was making around $150k at Tuskeggee, but he was also the AD. Small is making $107k at A&T and Bell is making $85 at JSU.

What do these other coaches make?

This is the sports page, I'm tired of the smack here, edited by Fiyah

Originally posted by bornthrilla
In "monies"? Is that some additional to his base salary, like an endorsement deal or something?

YEP HOUSING OF COURSE,TV SHOW &RADO SHOW

Originally posted by CurtDog 1971

Seems a bit much for what Jauguar nation is getting in return.

I would say we have gotten our money's worth out of Pete. Aside of the last 2-3 years Pete was rolling. That salary and benefits are for what he has done with inadequate facilities and the politics he has to endure. So I might have to ask Pete if he has been compensated enough. But the coaching landscape has changed and you have to pay to play this days. Like I have said SU's band director makes more than alot these coaches. So most definitely we have to pay ours to keep them. All the HBCUs are finding out how expensive it is to go get a good coach. Supply and Demand, the supply is limited and the demand is great, hence the higher salaries. Simple as that.

Originally posted by CurtDog 1971

Seems a bit much for what Jauguar nation is getting in return.

In Pete's 10 years at Southern he has won 4 SWAC Championships and beat jSU 5 of 10 times. Y'all have had three coaches during the same time period and have 1 championship with the 85k salary(smalltime) to show for it. Who is getting a better return for their dollar.

(1-9)

Originally posted by BgJag

In Pete's 10 years at Southern he has won 4 SWAC Championships and beat jSU 5 of 10 times. Y'all have had three coaches during the same time period and have 1 championship with the 85k salary(smalltime) to show for it. Who is getting a better return for their dollar.

(1-9)

If Pete is making 165K, I need to move to BR to scam you guys out of more money. Everybody has political and facilty issues, thats not limited to Pete. But if you like it...I love it.

Are you telling me that Pete made 165K to go 5-6 last year? Wow.....Oh well..............

Get Ready the last time I checked Pete's record was 6 - 6. Also, Pete package is a very strong one and will always be. He is the highest paid coach in the conference and will always be. Plus, Pete is the only coach in the conference that has never had a losing season.

Originally posted by DRShelly
Get Ready the last time I checked Pete's record was 6 - 6. Also, Pete package is a very strong one and will always be. He is the highest paid coach in the conference and will always be. Plus, Pete is the only coach in the conference that has never had a losing season.

Hughes and Carson never had a losing season either.

Get Ready the last time I checked Pete's record was 6 - 6. Plus, Pete is the only coach in the conference that has never had a losing season.

LET'S BE REAL....A 6-6 SEASON SUCKS JUST LIKE A 5-7 SUCKS.

Originally posted by BgJag

(1-9)

Not to mention he cleared the SWAC of every coach they had :eek: :eek:

Oh and Bg you forgot about the three black college national champoinships and Nine bayou classic's. I would say he's worth it and maybe a little more,but then again thats why we are the "NATION"

shelly

You never learn....

You were 5-6 last year. A set up game against D2 Miles(a game you almost lost) doesnt count as a victory....actually it was a moral loss.

Lets see....
Hughes hasnt had a losing season
Coles (actually he went 2-6 last year...but officially....)
Jones

Shelly...you are bragging on nothing baby....

Originally posted by Get Ready
shelly

You never learn....

You were 5-6 last year. A set up game against D2 Miles(a game you almost lost) doesnt count as a victory....actually it was a moral loss.

Lets see....
Hughes hasnt had a losing season
Coles (actually he went 2-6 last year...but officially....)
Jones

Shelly...you are bragging on nothing baby....

MISSISSIPPI ARITHMATIC'S :rolly: :rolly: :rolly:

I like Richardson, but it seems like once his staff started leaving, his program went south. Maybe he's getting old and comfortable in the job like a lot of coaches who stay in 1 place for too long.

Originally posted by Kool-Aid2K1
I like Richardson, but it seems like once his staff started leaving, his program went south. Maybe he's getting old and comfortable in the job like a lot of coaches who stay in 1 place for too long.
You may be right kool but the facts are he earned he's salary and the other factor is two straight years of major injuries(no excuse just fact)and even with that only one game each of the last couple of years from the SWAC championship.

Are Hughes and Carson currently in the conference?

Originally posted by SoloMan

Hughes and Carson never had a losing season either.

quote:
...Plus, Pete is the only coach in the conference that has never had a losing season...

I think old Pete has earned his money. SU was on top during our "down" years. But I'm curious to see how the Jags will rebound this year. Even though your team suffered lots of injuries, you still have to coach and get your bench players prepared to carry the load. Failure is not an option.

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
I think old Pete has earned his money. SU was on top during our "down" years. But I'm curious to see how the Jags will rebound this year. Even though your team suffered lots of injuries, you still have to coach and get your bench players prepared to carry the load. Failure is not an option.

Well cliches do abound and have the same effect as does sound bites. While we all know coaching plays a part but coaching well never over come the lack of depth and having to put to work players who lack experience.
There is no team that has had 6-8 key players injured in D1a let alone D1aa ball and win their conf. title.
Having said that I can think of at least 7 team in the SWAC that wish they could have been just one game out of the title game after suffering threw that.
As for seeing what pete can accomplish the following year with a healthy team you gotta be kidding unless you were in a cave the last 10 years I would think the last game of the season would have made that clear what a healthy pete richardson team would be like(no smack again just facts)

Back