What is the Greatest Moment in Alabama A&M Men's Basketball History?

Hi Bulldogs Fans,

I am writing a comprehensive book entitled, “Moments of Glory: The Greatest Moments in Every Division I Team's College Basketball History” – and I need your help!

In a posted response on this thread, can you describe your choice for Alabama A&M’s most glorious moment in their College Basketball history??? A “moment” can be a special, memorable play, game or season from the team’s past, or even a super-human individual performance by a player. Please be sure to consider any vintage moments that go back to the early days of Bulldog basketball, as well as more recent moments that you think qualify as “momentous”.

You can as brief or as detailed in your response as you want to be. Every response counts ….. so I’d love to you hear from each of you! Thanks for your input!!!

Let’s Go Bulldogs,

Vince the Roundball Writer

Hi Bulldogs Fans,

I am writing a comprehensive book entitled, “Moments of Glory: The Greatest Moments in Every Division I Team's College Basketball History” – and I need your help!

In a posted response on this thread, can you describe your choice for Alabama A&M’s most glorious moment in their College Basketball history??? A “moment” can be a special, memorable play, game or season from the team’s past, or even a super-human individual performance by a player. Please be sure to consider any vintage moments that go back to the early days of Bulldog basketball, as well as more recent moments that you think qualify as “momentous”.

You can as brief or as detailed in your response as you want to be. Every response counts ….. so I’d love to you hear from each of you! Thanks for your input!!!

Let’s Go Bulldogs,

Vince the Roundball Writer

Keep us posted on the book. I would love a copy

Hi guys -

Malcolm X - thanks for your reply.

Will keep you guys posted. Very ambitious undertaking on my part (there are 351 D1 Schools) ..... but I hope to be up to the task ....(-;

-Vince The Roundball Writer

If I'm not mistaken I think AAMU was the first HBCU in D2 to make it to the final four then Virginia Union won the whole thing. As a matter of fact we went to the elite eight first then the next year we went t the final four.

Growing up in Huntsville and attending games in Elmore as a kid, the first name I remember and associate with Bulldog Basketball was Danny Dixon. When the legendary Ben Jobe took over the team, Dixon began averaging over 30 points a game. In one game he hit 55 points which was not the norm at that time. By the end of his Senior season he was the leading scorer in all of Division 2. He was also drafted by the L.A. Lakers. Go ahead and look him up for yourself-->"Danny Dixon!"

AAMU had such a rich legacy in basketball. Sad it got thrown away over politics smh.

Back