What Is The Crunkest Power Song(s) Ever Played By A Swac Band?

Hot Boyz - Texas Southern
Get Your Freak On - JSU
Get Away - Southern

Holup..............................wait

Can't mention "Big Ballin" without throwin' P V in the mix ;) . Also I'm a real fan of that song Southern does that their trumpets always use as their fanfare. Think it's called "Get Ready" but that's also a Smokey Robinson song (bet you thought I didn't know my ole' school). Anyway everytime I here it it's like :eek2:

LOL @ Supakrab mixing Get Ready and SU in the same sentence. You may be thinking of Get It On.

Originally posted by s phi s
LOL @ Supakrab mixing Get Ready and SU in the same sentence. You may be thinking of Get It On.

Actually SU did play Get Ready BEFORE JSU started playing it.:cool:

Never said y'all didn't. But I'm sure that wasn't the song Supakrab was referring to.

The krunkest songs I played at the Bluff was

1. Affair
2. Let Your feelings Show
3. Mama Used to Say

everytime we played these songs it was like pure power rotating the field, and I know everyone who was at the Swac Champs In 99, felt us coming when we echoed the stands with "Mama Used to Say."

GBNF
D.G. "U know My" Steez

The most powerful and crukest songs are these to me.

#1.SU-Neck
#2.Get your Freak on (JSU)
#3.AA&M(Pretty Brown eyes)
#4.Alcorn(I like their opening fanfare at Halftime)
#5.Valley(Devil's Gun)
#6.Grambling(NA)

I know there are probably songs that these bands play that has more power than what I have but the question is the most powerful and crunk at the same time.

I can't believe it...

I can't believe I'm agreeing with Mr. Trump Funk himself....I liked y'all version of "Get your freak on/Ugly" y'all played against us in 2001. It was tightest song y'all played that day to me...

My Favorites that left an impression on me includes:
1. Can't Hide Love.....JSU
2. Can You Feel It.....SU
3. The Skin I'm In......GSU

I'll list the one that left an impression on me that I have heard personally.

PV - Big Ballin'
TxSU - Torture (I wish y'all would play it in the stands)
SU - (tie) PYT 96 version/Please Believe In Me
AlaSU - Peanuts
Alcorn - Out On A Limb Fanfare
Grambling - hmmmmmmmm......I would say that Hooty Hoo was as close as I've heard Grambling come to a power song in a few years.

You know even though I have problems with the musicianship in terms of intonation,....Alabama State's "Lovely Day" left an impression on me as well,....I liked and understood the psychology behind it.

GSU NEEDS TO PULL SKIN I'M IN OUT THIS YEAR. I MISS THEIR VERSION. IT WAS STR8 WHEN GSU PLAYED IT IN 94'

I personally would like to hear a little more variety of music,...mainly a little JAZZ, funk andSOUL.

SU Hey Pake Way" hope I am spelling it right.
TSU school fight song. The way those tubas hangover at the end just kinda gets me right here:bawling:
SU Master blaster
JSU the show

JSU - Big Ballin, The Show

SU - You Can Hate Me Now

SU, ya'll set Legion Field on fi' when yall blew that at JSU in the stands - I think it was at the start of the 4th Qtr or right after a late TD.

SU has the crunkest version of neck to me. The more I hear it the more I love their version even more.

Da Boom - How Could we Forget about this one (Hay.....into.....UNLV.....into....I Aint Mad At Ya') - KILLER!!!!
Gangsta Bi***H
Party Don't Stop

SU
Swamp *****
Neck!!!!

Back