What is on your Summer Movie List?

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
The summer movies are interesting this year because there are quite a few horror movies.

I will say that I am planning on going to alot of movies this summer.

My List is as follows:

Star Wars
Land of the Dead
Batman Begins
War of the Worlds
Fantastic Four
Stealth
The Devil's Rejects
Hustle and Flow
The Island
Murderball
Undead
Saving Face

As you noticed I like horror movies.

What movies are you planning on viewing this Summer?

I'm a movie buff...it's my pasttime; therefore, I usually check out movies weekly, or every other week. I haven't been too impressed, so far this year.

I do wanna see that Stealth movie, though. That one has Jamie Foxx in it, right?

btw, I love horror flicks too. :tup:

I'm a movie junkie, and I love horror/slasher flicks but this has got to be one of the worst summer slates in a while. In all honesty, this has been a bad year of movies so far, and hopefully the fall has enough to save this year of movies for me.

The must see movies for me are:

Star Wars Episode III
Batman Begins
War Of The Worlds
Fantastic Four
Stealth

I'm lukewarm about:

The Longest Yard
The Honeymooner's
Rebound
Four Brothers
The Dukes Of Hazzard

NICE

D-NICE said:
Dayum Pine Bluff Los Angeles, our must see list are exactly alike. :hat:

NICE
Yeah it does look alike. Hey dude I'm at work sometimes I can't post like I want to without my "sup" popping in and out the office,so that was quick post.:D

Batman!!

What do you all think about the recycled movies? Will they be a hit?
Honeymooners?
Bewitched?
Herbie, the Luv Bug
???

Ugggh Blu, the Honeymooners, and Bewithed are old tv shows, not movies. Only Herbie The Luv Bug is a recycled movie, :devil2:

To respond to your question though, I don't think much of it. Every year more old tv shows, and comic strips are being brought to the big screen, and every year some movie is remade, and to be honest, if we go a year where a remake isn't done, or a show, or comic strip isn't converted to the big screen I'd be shocked.

Between Nick @ Nite's popularity, and the huge DVD sales of old television shows, Hollywood is capitalizing off of the public's love affair with those shows. N@N was so popular they created an old show network with TV Land. As long as those converts continue to do well at the box office, they'll continue making them. Some of them are done really well, and does the show some justice, and some of them are downright cheesy.

Being a Honeymooner's fan, I'm interested to see how Cedric will handle the role of Ralph Kramden. If he can pull it off, the show will have moderate success, if he doesn't it's going to bomb big time. I'm really surprised blacks were cast in those roles seeing the love affair America had with the show. Personally I think they should've left it alone with blacks being cast in those roles, and just hooked Cedric and Mike Epps up in a movie as a bus driver, and a sewer worker, and just marketed the movie as a movie, but as the Honeymooner's I don't think it will work.

That's like casting white folk, or Jews as Fred Sanford, Lamont, Grady, and Aunt Esther in a "Sanford & Son" remake, or white's in a Good Times, or Jeffersons remake.

Speaking of which, I wonder why no Black tv shows have been converted into movies. I think if they were to do Good Times, or Roc as movies they could be really good.

NICE

pbla said:
War Of The Worlds
Fantastic Four
Batman Begins
Star Wars Episode III

coSign.

That Stealth looks wack to me.
I cant wait untill Fantastic Four comes out, that movie is going to end MARVELS drought of suckfest run (Hulk, Punisher, Elecktra, Daredevil)

pv_symbiotic said:
The summer movies are interesting this year because there are quite a few horror movies.

I will say that I am planning on going to alot of movies this summer.

My List is as follows:

Star Wars
Land of the Dead
Batman Begins
War of the Worlds
Fantastic Four
Stealth
The Devil's Rejects
Hustle and Flow
The Island
Murderball
Undead
Saving Face

As you noticed I like horror movies.

What movies are you planning on viewing this Summer?

land of the dead and undead......what are these about? are they big budget?

dSWACizJSU said:
land of the dead and undead......what are these about? are they big budget?

They're zombie movies. It's like every 20 years or so, zombie movies come back in droves. They're not my cup of tea, cuz if you've seen one, you've seen them all, but the initial movie that starts the new wave is always cool.

NICE

Back