What home remedies do you take for a cold?

aamuprettywoman

AAMU all day every day!
I'm tired of being ill.
:idea:
I'm think'n I should just go ahead and hit the bottle on a daily basis.

Gin, honey & peppermint.

Or should I just take Remy Martin, 1800 hundred and Hennesey str8 to the head.:bawling:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
None, I got straight the drug store for some alkaseltzer cold plus or some nyquil. But recently it was reported on the news that over the counter cough medicine is not better than placebo:( :smh:

ahhh....

What kind of good hard sweat are you referencing?

I can't go outside...I'll get sicker. If I sweat I'll get sicker too.

Somebody break out the recipe for Hot Toddy. I'm sick, too. Do they still make "Father John's" Cold Medicine? I think that was the name of it. That was some nasty stuff but it did the trick.
Where could I get some of that from? If you find it, send it to me and I'll pay you back. I hate being sick. Especially when you get so sick that you lose your sense of taste (I'm almost at that point now).

Originally posted by MightyDog
Min-we-tea (sp) will knock it out.

MightyDog, I think it is spelled, Many Weed Tea. I know exactly what you are talking about. I was shocked to see someone else up in here has also heard of it.:emlaugh:

Originally posted by TSU/BAMA

MightyDog, I think it is spelled, Many Weed Tea. I know exactly what you are talking about. I was shocked to see someone else up in here has also heard of it.:emlaugh:

TSU/BAMA, when we were growing up we had to drink that Many Weed Tea, but after we caught MoM making some, we did not get sick anymore. When were told to wear our coats we wore them because of the threat of having to drink Many Weed Tea.

I never knew how they spelled it, but I know sure know what it is.

When you look at the way it is spelled that is exactly what it is after being processed. :D

1 hot cup of green tea

1 stick of peppermint

1 teaspoon of honey

1 shot glass of bourbon

add ingredients to green tea

stir and simmer for 5 minutes

TheraFlu and TheraFlu tablets always works wonders for me......
If all else fails......some soup, a warm bed, and a bottle of whisky should do it!!! ;)

"L" if you're gonna be sick......you might as well be throw'd....... :D

Now this is true....

Battle Cat:

1 hot cup of green tea

1 stick of peppermint

1 teaspoon of honey

1 shot glass of bourbon

add ingredients to green tea

stir and simmer for 5 minutes

Man, minus the green tea and substituting the burbon for gin or 1800...I was dead on it with the rest of the ingredients.

Perhaps I should follow this recipe to the "T".

Supakat:TheraFlu and TheraFlu tablets always works wonders for me......
If all else fails......some soup, a warm bed, and a bottle of whisky should do it!!!

"L" if you're gonna be sick......you might as well be throw'd.......

Well, tried this too. Even added actifed in. Not a good idea. I've been high for the past 4 days now. Last night's meeting @ the dinigroom table was not pretty, especially considering I drank a half a bottle of 1800 and didn't get to bed until 6:15 this a.m.
Add the rainy weekend that's going to go until @ least Monday and I'm doomed. I haven't left the house in 48 hours. Wut is I gwone do?
:bawling:

Originally posted by MightyDog

TSU/BAMA, when we were growing up we had to drink that Many Weed Tea, but after we caught MoM making some, we did not get sick anymore. When were told to wear our coats we wore them because of the threat of having to drink Many Weed Tea.

I never knew how they spelled it, but I know sure know what it is.

When you look at the way it is spelled that is exactly what it is after being processed. :D

:lol: :lmao: MightyDog, I know exactly what you mean. I used to hate drinking that isht. Hmmmmm, "drinking that isht", get it?:lmao:

Originally posted by aamuprettywoman

Or should I just take Remy Martin, 1800 hundred and Hennesey str8 to the head.:bawling:

Uhhh, you can never go wrong with the good liquor & lemon, honey and Peppermint (nupe!nupe!). It's ironic as L because that's what my sniffling arse is sippin on now cept Im doing the crown thang.
BTW, prettywoman...please use the str8 to the head reference as many times as you can. :D :D :D

I likes me a str8 liquor Dranking woman......the more you Drank, the Better I will start to Look. !!!!!

Oh yeah, Mike Bigg is also an expert on HERBAL REMIDIES.:D

Back