What Greek do folx mistake you for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SONNY

The Future of Omega!!!!
Every since I was in high school everyone in the WORLD thought I was gonna pledge Alpha. Even when I crossed OMEGA folx was saying "You Not an Alpha?"

"Nope, I am an Omega Man".

Some of my good friends and my Roommate (Ham DG Spr97 #7) on the yard were Alphas and I kicked it with them. I wore ties and suits to some of my classes (School of Business). For 2 years straight I had folx buying Alpha paraphanalia for me in the Spring time for Probate shows.

Folx on the Block - "SONNY, why aint you up there with your FRAT Brothers and wearing your stuff!??!!
I'd answer, "I didnt pledge anything" :xeye:

What FRAT/Sorority do people think you pledged?

it's funny that u made this thread, because i remember one year at our homecoming, I was helping work the door, and a Kappa came up to me and gripped me up. He was looking pretty stupid when i told him i was an Alpha.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
it's funny that u made this thread, because i remember one year at our homecoming, I was helping work the door, and a Kappa came up to me and gripped me up. He was looking pretty stupid when i told him i was an Alpha.

On that note, I was at the Battle of the Bands last year here in Birmingham and this Police Officer pulled me to the side to ask me about my shirt..by now I'm sweating bullets thinking "Oh schatt he thinks I'm in a gang." Anyway, before I could explain what fraternity it represented,(Phi Mu Alpha) he had already pulled me "into the dap-up" stance to give me the Kappa handshake. I tripped.

I guess he had reason though, since my chapter name (Kappa Delta) was in big letters over our Fraternity shield....dude was calling me lil nupe and errthang...it was too funny. My lil "AKA" sister was dying..

The people you talking about dont understand the importance of challenging. That is why everyone secrets or out. Just because he or she has on your greek shirt doesnt mean he is you frat or soror.

Lets stay on the topic folx. Cause the last 2 comments will spin off into something else.

Most people guess right - I am a Delta. They normally say something about me being down-to-earth as their reasoning for guessing Delta. Every green moon someone will say, "You look like an AKA." NEVER assumed to be a Zeta nor SGRho.

BandFan said:
Lets stay on the topic folx. Cause the last 2 comments will spin off into something else.

I agree, but omegapsiphi5 is "dead on." I've had young members of other organizations walk up to me and start asking questions, and extending their hands to "grip me up." I immediately tell them WHOA THERE...we are of different greek persuasions, young man! There are also brothers in MY organization who are quick to walk up to someone and start giving concealed handshakes without knowing what membership they hold...or if they hold any at all.

We have warned the new brothers about abruptly making assumptions about others' greek affilliation, and check ALL the signs before extending any greeting other than a GENERAL handshake. Like he said...that's how folks "stuff" gets out!!

The "Oldest" and the "Coldest"...Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. :D

I will admit that I was mistaken for a Kappa...only once! Most folks know my affilliation the moment they inquire as to whether or not I'm greek.

Omegapsiphi5, I agree with you bruh. Just because a person has on a frat shirt they can be suspect. I'm quick to challenge before anything take place. I want to know everything before I'm cool with another brother.

I've never been mistaken for another fraternity member. Once I tell everyone I'm an Omega, they say man I could tell you're an Omega. You just have that look about you. (Now what type of look does an omega supposed to have?) Do we as Omega men just look mean or crazy? I just think it's funny how people stereotype us.

Da fugg if I know why. Why don't you ask the people who mistake me for one that question?

I've been mistaken for a Delta a lot and it is because I am DARK SKINNED (remember, I pledged nearly 30 years ago) firstly and then I am told that I am so "down-to-earth" and most AKAs are not. :rolleyes: I am not offended in the least by being mistaken for a Delta, however, that is the only "other" one. :D I have never been mistaken for a Zeta or a Sigma Gamma Rho.

Seeing Spots said:
I've been mistaken for a Delta a lot and it is because I am DARK SKINNED (remember, I pledged nearly 30 years ago) firstly and then I am told that I am so "down-to-earth" and most AKAs are not. :rolleyes: I am not offended in the least by being mistaken for a Delta, however, that is the only "other" one. :D I have never been mistaken for a Zeta or a Sigma Gamma Rho.

Very much down to earth Soror.

Mistaken for an Omega once. In H.S. some of my old football teammates thought I would pledge Que.

I was wild and crazy in HS and College.
Didn't really go for that preppy look at SU. I was t shirt, jeans and sometimes dickies, depending how I felt.

Then, when they saw me in the Black and Olde Gold at one of our Homecoming games(HS), they were shocked.

buckwheat1911 said:
I've never been mistaken for another fraternity member. Once I tell everyone I'm an Omega, they say man I could tell you're an Omega. You just have that look about you. (Now what type of look does an omega supposed to have?) Do we as Omega men just look mean or crazy? I just think it's funny how people stereotype us.

Yeah, I look(ed) like THE MOST NERDIES Que in the world, so I guess that's why everyone thinks Im an Alpha. But the sad part is that half the cats that I see at the gym that are the "Tough, Macho looking cats ARE ALPHAS".

Sterotypes, I tell ya :rolleyes:

My father is a Que. Everyone thought that I would become a legacy.

I was mistaken for a Kappa before too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back