What do people at Alcorn.....

Normal1875

A&M #1
do for fun?

many people have told me how yall campus is in the middle of no where!!!! im just curious on how yall get the thang crunk down there at the Corn ya diggg!

When we want to get crunk, we can. We will have a campus version of Black Spring Break around the entire campus. People loop the yard in their cars. Some chill in front of the dorms and watch everybody rolling by. We even have video cameras out recording.
And it's nothing for us to put together a barbecue on the yard. As a matter of fact, <b>there is one today and tomorrow!!</b>
The best way to experience how we have fun here is to come down and see it for yourself. It's a unique brand of fun.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
i might have to take you up on that!!!! i know yall got some thick gulls down there....my homeboy jason Cable to me about yallz women down there!!!!

I totally agree with Antroy. To experience what Antroy is talking about, you would have to be at Alcorn. Remember, Alcorn is its own town. So, it's like having an entire 1700-acre city for your enjoyment.

Oh yeah, ya boy Jason Cable ain't lying at all. The women are so fine out here! I guess its all that Country eatin'.

Antroy mentioned Looping in his post. I don't know if you understand the concept of "LOOPING" but that's one of the most enjoyable things to do on campus. I was telling a few of my friends, who attend Jackson State, about looping and they didn't see the hype in it, but when I got them down here, they started looping and they didn't want to stop! It's just that fun. I'm not going to lie, it can get country as Hell, but it's fun.

So, visiting Alcorn is the best way to know exactly what we do.....

Oh yeah Antroy, we can't forget "The Park", "The Corral", "CJ's", and "Patton's!"

is looping the same thang as rolling on the yard....cuz we do that here!!! but not as much cuz they done put alotta speed bumps down!!!

It probably is the same dawg! I don't know how you all do it, but here at Alcorn, sometime we turn our loop into a 3-lane freeway...............and it's only a two way street! In other words, we can get kinda wild with it out here because we have so much space. Oh yeah. I forgot where else we kick it............The Old Tennis Court/Lanier Block!!!!

Hey Braveman, I forgot about the park. <b>Punch-a-thon heaven!!</b>
Hey TRU, if you come down before the time changes back, you will be able to experience how we really do it down here!! Summer school is not going to be jumping at all.
Since this is dead week (no <b>"school sponsored"</b> activites although we don't normally go through the school to have something anyway) nothing will be going on besides the barbecue today that the cafeteria is having as an end of the Spring semester thing.
Let us know if you are going to come to the yard.

yup...

As the others have mentioned, you would have to experience it for yourself in order to fully understand. When I tell people "I had SO MUCH fun at ASU," they usually look at me like "What do you mean?"

Antroy, I used to get with some of my crazy friends and we would even drive to the Mississippi River during sunset or to the Windsor Ruins late at night and just act WILD! If we didn't feel like leaving the campus, we either drive to the park or the stadium's parking lot and act a fool. Those experiences are truly unforgetable..

I've been up there a few times for games. It may be in the middle of nowheresville, but them Braves know how to get crazy in that (Bernie Mac expletive)!

I love going up there, but I hate that SU won't do it this year!

I know what you mean, SUJag. Everytime ASU & SU get together in Lorman..it's like a big family reunion or something. Campers, barbeques, thousands of black peeps, music, you name it!

Dang man

yall need to stop, I'm missing it bad now.

They was wrong for not having the annual battle for 61 game SU/ASU...but its cool though. It was like we had two homecomings in one year my sophomore year.

Hey yall, we going to have to break in the new dormitory by buildings & grounds...start having some events over there.

Hey man how was the senior bbq

Oh yeah, TRU3000 you missed a good week. This past week was water war week. The guys started it by spraying any females that rode around our dorms with waterguns. So, the girls tried to retaliate. And that led to the guys shutting them down.
The guys regrouped and brought out waterguns, buckets, and water balloons!!! It was truly wild out here. Then the guys went and got the trash cans and filled them up with water. If any girl was unfortunate enough to come around, they left completely soaked!!
It was wild (until things got out of control across the yard)!!!

Tru,
If you never been to Alcorn, you have never road tripped. Alcorn and PV are must "do's" as an undergrad. PV is off the chain. I've been on the yard at A&M and believe it doesn't compare to anything you will at experience at PV and Alcorn. Actually, there is really no campus life at A&M any more. Well nothing that I will consider hype.

dats cuz Campus security always shuts down "Da Block".....then if we moved down to the new girls dorm its gated off too!!! I dont think we could do any loopin on Campus cuz SWAT would shut it down! But we are working on keepin it crunk all year around.... We just had our New University Center approved and the New Apts just got built so I see alotta ish goin down on the yard this upcoming school year:)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think that of any school that is out in the middle of nowhere, sort to speak, Alcorn has got to be the most, umm, "interesting" - and definitely one of the hypest, at least when it's not the weekend or summer school :D

Man, I know that I witnessed <b>so</b> much crazy stuff and wild people in my 4 1/2 years on the yard. Alcorn is a place I don't think words can really describe - you kinda just have to be there to know it....

Originally posted by Blue Bengal
Tru,
If you never been to Alcorn, you have never road tripped. Alcorn and PV are must "do's" as an undergrad. PV is off the chain. I've been on the yard at A&M and believe it doesn't compare to anything you will at experience at PV and Alcorn. Actually, there is really no campus life at A&M any more. Well nothing that I will consider hype.

BB:

You weren't on the yard in MY early hay day! :D

What you saw when you get there was NOTHING like it was in my first few years.;)

The building of the new West campus and the "formerly new" Foster complex is what really started the decline of activity on the BLock.

Man...y'all just don't know.:)

On da yard

He cuz/Braveman12

You guys are really keeping the cattlegap alive and well, it's sounds like I need to visit some day in the future..I miss those good times on the yard. Yes you're all right about the deadness of the yard during the summer but now as an adult I can appreciate those times. That's the time to put your life in order when all the looping and all is not pulling on you all at one time..

It gives you the time to just sit on the steps of the chapel and thank god for giving you a peace of mind on the beauty looking down on da yard... That serenity is a peace of mind knowing that if any one visits our home of the Brave that you'll leave with a little war paint of love and happiness of visiting our community..

masterpjsr

nothing like hearing the old heads reminise on the times

those of you who plan on road tripping...I suggest the 1st game of the season Grambling, Valley week, or Homecoming for us.

Back