What da heck is FIRE??

ATLBRAVE

AtlBrave
I saw this online...Has anyone ever heard of this and what is the purpose....They listed JSU as the feature for the month of August... They were in the Red... Looks like it has to something to do with students free speech.......Alcorn received a Yellow.....Check your school to see their code..........

http://www.thefire.org/index.php/scotm/

I have never heard of FIRE before, but I did take a look at the website. TxSU was given a Red code which meant that there is a least one policy resrtcting freedom of speech. Interesting I must say.

Don't want to put to much info out there but the administration at JSU has a habit of restricting free speech, especially when it comes to the Blue and White Flash.

Is that the campus newspaper?

Yeah, and despite the previous supreme court decisions that have come down on the side of the campus new outlets, I have seen instances where high ranking school officials had stories about them pulled out of the paper. It is like it is okay to report on any wrongdoing that a member of the student body does but one mention about case involving a faculty member and your story might get pulled.

Back