What "Clique" did you belong to?

Re: Re: Yall bringing bsck memories

Originally posted by BIG WORM 96

That sounds like a group my little homeboy was in at TownView.
Is that the same cligue?

Yea we had podna's at TV. I went to Carter were most of us were.

Originally posted by Bandfreak
Well, in Alabama we had high school frats sponsored by real fraternities........and even if they were the pits in every aspect, they were popular. Well, I did not join any but I was on line for Sigma Chi....(suaving everywhere):D . But I just chilled with everyone, even though I was the quiet one in HS. Everyone like me and I ain't have any problem with no one.

We had those to!

I was in Kappa PI PI.. (yeah we were junior kappas) lol @ ME BEING VICE PRESIDENT MY SENIOR YR.. but yeah in high school thats who i hung out with. Oh yeah and i kicked it with my homies from the neighborhood at times.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I was the quiet honor student. You know the popular one that hang with the kids that were always getting in trouble, but I never got into any trouble. :D

I guess you could say that my crew was known, but not necessarily popular. I finished high school out in a middle-class suburb and among the Blacks there were clear divisions between those that had money and those that didn't as well as those that grew up in the burbs and those that had recently moved out there. Since I spent the majority of my childhood in Inglewood and it was just my mother and I in an apartment, it was obvious which side I fell on. I hung out with some Blacks that lived over in the big houses and stuff, but the majority of us lived in the apartment complexes that were around Temple Avenue, Amar Road, and Azusa Avenue. Some dudes gangbanged, some didn't. I was one of the ones that didn't, but since I had two cousins that were Crips and another cousin that was in one of the local Mexican gangs I didn't have to worry too much about fools trying to set-trip or check a *****. A lot of us minorities(Blacks, Mexicans, Filipinos, etc.)kicked in during classes but at lunchtime and before and after school you saw the cliques in effect.

Back