What classic HBCU games do we want BET to replay?

wahines

1_gsufan
;) I would like for BET to show some of its classic games before football season starts, to bring back memories of some of the greatest HBCU games ever played. I would like them to show the game when Coach Robinson broke Bear Bryant record, or the Circle City Classic when Grambling went up aganist Jerry Rice, or when Howard University defeated NC A&T in the battle of the unbeaten after Jay "SKY" Walker scrambled for an touchdown. Tell me what classic HBCU games you would like BET to show.

Originally posted by wahines

Tell me what classic HBCU games you would like BET to show.

1998 Magic City Classic

Bama State's comeback from a 28-0 deficit with one minute left in the third quarter, to win the game 34-28 was the third greatest comeback for a victory in the history of college football.

A true "classic".

Pretty good idea. BET could certainly do a lot worse in terms of programming. Maybe that would fill the void left by the fact BET doesn't show weekly live telecasts anymore.

Originally posted by Sting
I agree with Duece, the 1998 MCC was the greatest BCF classic ever played.

That game was just a testament to the fact that when two bad teams play each other, somebody has to win. :rolleyes:

TP, you need to worry about how many points Bama State will put on your azzes this year. Does these scores look familiar

61-58

35-24

Sting,

I have about 30 more scores than you to post. I just don't have time. You do realize that you are smacking for Alabama State, right??

:rolleyes:

Braves

:cool: Great idea , I would like to see Alcorn State University Vs. SU 94 Mcnair win game in last seconds

You do realize that you are smacking for Alabama State, right??

I realized that that's the school that you're suppose to be All-Time Greatest QB has never beaten

Hasn't JSU beaten your all-time greatest QB. I am sure we have the odds are in our favor , HEAVILY. 30-3 (OR SOMETHING SAD LIKE THAT).

Overall Kennedy was 2-2 against JACKOFF STATE Kent will be 0-4, There's no changing the past so why are you bringing it back up, you better hope that Bama State won't drop 61 on you again.

I'm with Olde Hornet...

Absolutely NONE!!!

Anytime you broadcast a taped-delay game, go to a commercial and what was 1st and 10 at the 45, is now 3rd and goal????

Until they can do that right, ....

Re: Braves

Originally posted by brave4life
:cool: Great idea , I would like to see Alcorn State University Vs. SU 94 Mcnair win game in last seconds

That game was not on BET. It was on ESPN 2.

I would vote for the very 1st SWAC Championship game between SU and JSU. Much drama and it went down to the wire. Couldn't have asked for more in an inaugural game.

S.U. v.s FAMU

1995 Georgia Dome....Budweiser Classic (1st Game) This was truly a classic. This game was not on BET but it would be nice if they can pull the tape out of archives and show this serious game.

Alcorn v.s. SU 93 & 94 BOTH Classics.

Valley v.s S.U. 84 NFL Today on CBS showed the highlights it was so wild.

Notice the Jags did not win all of these games but they were truly CLASSICS!!!

I'm going to go back....way back. I would like to see the 1981 Bayou Classic when SU finished a terrible year with a big bang. We won 50-20 and finished 3 and 8 team (like I said it was a horrible year). It was a Otis Washington's first year. That was back in the day when BET did sports right. The game was broadcast live and they did not butcher the halftime. I have the game on video tape and sometime watch it. I would love to see it again on TV.

Re: Re: Braves

Originally posted by SAME OLD G

That game was not on BET. It was on ESPN 2.

You are correct. That game was on ESPN 2. The SU and Alcorn DFW Alumni chapters got together for a viewing party at Drew Pearson's old sports bar. We had a blast!!!!

Alcorn vs. SU 98 SU won with a fieldgoal with 00:03 seconds on the clock I was sittin on the hill that ball went right over my head @ JACK SPINKS that was a heartbreaker

HOLLA BACK

BRAVES ROLL ON

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Originally posted by Blu Panther
anytime Jerry Rice caught a pass in the 80s is worth watching to me.

You are right on that one. Totten/Rice was definately something special!!! I remember when Jerry Rice broke my heart.....It was 1981 and Mr. Rice was basically an unknown Freshman. SU was ahead by one point (15-16) and less than 10 seconds were left on the clock. Valley was very deep in their own territory and the band was playing and we were really celebrating and doing the ole count down. Suddenly the ball is in the air and our player goes for the INT instead of just knocking down the ball.....Mr. Rice catches the ball and races into the end zone to win the game 21-16. My heart still breaks just thinking about this one. Boy that was a long trip back to Baton Rouge. It wasn't on BET but would be a great game to see on TV. I would also like to see any of the games during Rice's senior year. Totten/Rice were at their best and they broke tons on NCAA records. Everybody knew the path to Itta Bena, MS to see that special duo.

Back