What City........

2Dirty

does the best/worst hosting for a SWAC game? New Orleans, B'ham, Jackson, Houston, etc.? Why or why not. Just want to hear some personal opinions.

HOUSTON...

Hands down. With the largest concentration of any HBCU alumni groups from the names of the cities you listed (Atlanta second). College sports takes a back seat to all professional teams:

Texans (football)
Rockets (basketball)
Astros (baseball)
Comets women's basketball)
Aeros (hockey)
Thunderbears (arena football)

And high school football and basketball. Always have and always will. Houston is a transient city where loyalty and recognition from any of the Div. I-A schools are difficult (University of Houston, Rice, Texas Southern and Prairie View 40 minutes from downtown). Houston Baptist University, St. Thomas University gets even worse coverage. University of Texas and Texas A&M have strong alumni base in Houston. While they are top priority when it does come to collegiate sports in Houston. In essence, college and professional sports don't mix well in the same environment. You are basically trying to reach the same target market. But when Texas Southern graduates 900 - 1,000 graduates a year as compared to Texas A&M and UT graduates (8,000) and (9,500) respectively you fight a losing battle. Putting a good product on the field plays a significant role in the marketing aspect as well.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What CLeb said up there ^^^^^^^^^^

It's true. Houston, to me, is by far the WORSEST of the WORSE! Terrible considering the base that's there.

Originally posted by COACH

The most honest thing you've ever said.

WTF?? You've been on this board all but 3 months and you say this is the most honest thing I've said.... ever?

Somebody please restrain me.

Back