What are your preseason rankings for football?

Re: Mr. SWAC

Originally posted by C-LeB28

We will sodomize, annihilate and humiliate that fraud of a football team along with that Morehouse coach you got. Roggman is no longer in Normal so you know you all will suck. Everyone is unproven on your squad as well as your coach. You think a new coach with a new system is going to make an immediate turnabout and transformation? That was the reason for our demise last year, no offensive coordinator and season ending injuries on three starting offensive linemen that caused the problems for Lamb and the loss of the SWAC defensive player of the year who are all back for the 2002 campaign. The bulldogs are on the clock and please come to Houston counting a win becuase you will be degraded.

Unproven???? :xeye:
Do you know how stupid you sound????

All you fools can say is Leonard Mack, Leonard Mack, Leonard Mack! He can't play defense all by himself, now can he? When y'all were tooting one....we boasted SEVERAL top defensemen, including Robert Mathis, Jamal Ware, and Ardante Dawson. TWO of them will be back...along with other seasoned players. And you have the nerve to say UNPROVEN??????
Then you clowns still talkin' about Rock not being there...AND? He wasn't being utilized as much and we were STILL able to prevent your sorry azzes from producing, now didn't we? ;)

So with those key injuries on the offensive line, are THOSE guys "proven", as you say???? Better yet, which guys are you talking about...the replacements who gained experience but were still garbage, or the replaced....who happen to be rusty as hell?
On offense you got Lamb.....and then what?
What do you have to annihilate anybody with????

And why are you STILL talking basketball anyway? The sun shined on your azzes that game and you escaped with a win. Congrats and everything, but dayum....isn't this a FOOTBALL thread???
*SMH*

But anyway....

As of NOW, I see the rankings like this:

EAST

1. JSU
2. Bama State
3. AAMU
4. Alcorn
5. Valley

SWAC WEST

1. Gram
2. Southern
3. TxSU
4. PV
5. UAPB

All these silly people have Alcorn at number 4. What is wrong with you?!?! Most of our starters from last year are coming back. SWAC Newcomer of the year Donald Carrie will be back. Our running game is going to be better.
And our run stopping defense is going to be better, too. I think that the Capital City Classic will determine who represents the East in the SWAC Championship.

West:
Grambling
Southern
Texas Southern
Prarie View (they could switch spots with TxSU)
UAPB

East:
Alcorn (we finally beat JSU and go to the SCG)
JSU (all they have is Kent and he is streaky)
Bama State
Bama A&M
Valley (Valley may win one or two games)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Well, the reason *I* put Alcorn 4th is because they SURPRISED EVERYBODY last year!
You would think that a team that just came off of an "0 n forever" season wouldn't be as competitive. Many teams underestimated them...and some suffered the consequences.

This coming season, things are totally different. The edge of surprise that you all had is gone, IMO. I'm not saying that you're not gonna beat some teams, but still. :lol:
I think the game against Gram is going to be the measuring stick for your entire season.

And think about it...y'all didn't want to be judged by your previous performance when y'all didn't win any games. We feel the same way at AAMU. Our losses didn't come about because of lack of talent...we had stupid people calling stupid plays and not using the strengths that we had. What good is it for receivers to be wide open play after play after play when no one is throwing him the ball? What good is running your back up the middle when there is 9 guys in the box waiting for him? Offensive production was our Achilles...we'll just wait and see if our guys are actually allowed to PLAY this time..:cool:

Ntel,

I think the element of surprise that Alcorn had last year will be balanced this year by their confidence. They came to Jackson thinking they could win for the first time in a long time. This year, they think they can compete and win the title. They can't win the title but they will still shoot for it.

TP, I see reality has sunk in that J-State will not see B-Ham again. It is wise to adopt Alcorn. It is also sad. :( :( I would be ashamed to be alumni of J-State where my alma mater has not gone to the SCG since '99 playing in the SWAC East. :(

Things are back to normal in the SWAC. Icon Gram - back-to-back-to-back -- how ya luv that?

Icon Grambling vs. Alcorn St. Braves in the SCG

Super,

I personally think that the G is really going to stand for Garbage this year instead of for Grambling. I still recall how unimpressed I was after watching the GSU win over JSU in 2001 and you know I ain't impressed with that lucky win in 2000. JSU is going to maul you at your own stadium. But that's nothing new. Alcorn won't be JSU or be in Bham but they are going to upset Grambling and Alabama State. Don't worry about JSU making it to Bham, because in December, JSU will be tied with Gram for the number of SCG appearances. Gram has to go through Alcorn, AlaState, JSU and Southern to get to Bham. All SU has to do is through Gram since both of you are going to to lose to JSU. In fact, SU might be able to get away with a loss to GSU and JSU and still make it Bham if Gram does not watch out for the rest of its schedule.

Regardless, JSU ain't letting nobody stand in our way this time around. We are the most complete team in the SWAC as of June 11, 2002, 9:45 PM CST.

Re: AaMU WILL BE LAST AND ASU MIGHT CRACK THE TOP THREE....

Originally posted by Sting
How many games did y'all win last year im just curious to know. I reall dont recall yall ever being ranked higher than A&M and i know yall wont be higher than ASU or A&M this year. You need to be worried about how many teams are gonna make you their bit****!!!!

GOOD THING THIS AINT THE SMACK PAGE AND OR I'D HAVE TO REPLY......I WILL SAY THIS I WEAR #70 IS YOU BEAT US YOU CAN PERSONALY COME ON THE FIELD AND BI*CH SLAP ME.......DOES THAT ANSWER ANY QUESTION YOU HAVE ABOUT MY FEELING ON THE MATTER.......?

You actually admitted to someone that you are on Valley's football team? :goof: LMAO!!!!!!!! :emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

GOOD THING THIS AINT THE SMACK PAGE AND OR I'D HAVE TO REPLY......I WILL SAY THIS I

I WILL BE ON THE FIELD CAUSE I PLAY FOR BAMA STATE. I KNOW WHOSE ON MY TO GET LIST THIS YEAR, DO YOU PLAY DEFENSE OR OFFENSE

Re: GOOD THING THIS AINT THE SMACK PAGE AND OR I'D HAVE TO REPLY......I WILL SAY THI

Originally posted by Sting
I WILL BE ON THE FIELD CAUSE I PLAY FOR BAMA STATE. I KNOW WHOSE ON MY TO GET LIST THIS YEAR, DO YOU PLAY DEFENSE OR OFFENSE

i PLAY OFFENSE i'M THE STARTING LEFT GUARD WHICH AINT NUTHING TO BRAGG ABOUT NOW, BUT WHEN WE RUN THROUGH A COUPLE OF TEAM THIS YEAR I CAN TALK AS MUCH MESS AS I WANT.......TRUTH BE TOLD OUR DEFENSE GAVE UP 17 MILIION POINTS A GAME LST YEAR.....THE NEW D.C. GOT THIS DEFENSE THAT AINT ABOUT THE GAMES...MARK MY WORDS AND AFTER THE GAME WHEN WE DO WIN SHOW YOUR FACE AND DONT BE SCARED I WONT SLAP YOU.....

You beat us 2 in a row on a wing and a prayer both times....no doubt. Does that erase the 30 times we beat yall in a row? And BTW, we were winning SWAC titles at the same time.

Why do we even have these type polls over here. Only a few people on this board no a damn thing about football for one, could name all 10 SWAC teams #2, and would ever tell the truth about how much their team sucks#3.

They should rename this forum SmackBoard 2

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by Get Ready
You beat us 2 i a row on a wing and a pray er both times....no doubt.
Speaking of telling the truth, why don't you start by saying that yall arses got thoroughly whooped in Mobile?????

A wing and a prayer my arse!!!!!!!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

btw, you'll get another complete thrashing in Mobile in a few months. Now, handle that truth!!!!!!!

Re: The WORD

Originally posted by JROCK
SWAC Champions 2002.................SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY

West
1) SOUTHERN UNIV.
2) Texas Southern
3) Grambling St.
4) Arkansas Pine Bluff
5) Texas A&M at P.V. <------------ Hey it's Prairie View A&M University. NOT Texas A&M at P.V.

Mighty Hornet, the final score was 35-24 and with two minutes left in the game the score was 28-24 so I don't call that being thoroughly whooped. I was not there but the score says other wise. Also, according to the stats, we ran the ball at will. Besides, you and I both know that Kent was not Kent until after that game. A week later you would have needed more than a last minute drive to even make that game competitive.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Also, according to the stats, we ran the ball at will. Besides, you and I both know that Kent was not Kent until after that game. A week later you would have needed more than a last minute drive to even make that game competitive.

BUT YOU STILL LOST. NOT THE WEEK LATER THEORY???

pti......

umm TP,
Since you weren't at that game, maybe you didnt know that ASU dominated that game from start to finish. Maybe you didn't know that ASU had a couple of TDs called back. Maybe you didn't know that at NO point did jsue lead that game. Maybe you didn't know that jsue's defense was totally dumbfounded as to how to stop ASU's offense. Maybe you didn't know that there was a HUGE difference in the QBs that game. Maybe you didn't know that there was a HUGE difference in the coaching in that game. Please don't let the stats fool you into thinking that jsue actually had a chance that game. You didn't. You simply got beat by a better team, with a better coach. Just like you did last year. Just like you will in October.

Mach,
ASU's beatdown of jsue in Mobile was the beginning of the week later theory.

Here's what they are predicting in 1-AA.

Athlon top 25
1. Montana
2. App. St.
3. Youngstown St.
4. Eastern Illinois
5. William & Mary
6. McNeese State
7. Grambling
8. FAMU
9. Lehigh
10. Furman
11. Northern Iowa
12. Portland State
13. Maine
14. NW State
15. Geo. Sou.
16. Eastern Kentucky
17. Hofstra
18. Northern Arizona
19. Jackson State
20. Western Kentucky
21. Hampton
22. Colgate
23. Stephen F. Austin
24. Southern
25. Tenn. Tech

Street & Smith
1. Montana
2. Eastern Kentucky
3. Lehigh
4. Northern Iowa
5. Eastern Illinois
6. Portland State
7. App. St.
8. ETSU
9. Youngstown State
10. Murray State
11. William & Mary
12. Deleware
13. Tenn. Tech
14. Montana State
15. Western Kentucky
16. FAMU
17. Tenn. State
18. Grambling
19. Colgate
20. Villanova
21. Northern Arizona
22. Western Carolina
23. Hofstra
24. Sam Houston State
25. Geo. Sou.

2 more months.

MH,

So are you saying that the ASU defense was the cause of Kent's poor performance?? I did not have to be there to know that no matter what you did, you were still only leading by 4 points with two minutes to go in the game.

TP

You werent there, but that game up for grabs in the last 3 minutes. JSU had a first and goal from the 5 yard line with 2 minutes left on the clock. So if mh thinks that the game was never in doubt, then maybe he wasnt there.

Actually, he thought they were about to lose. Dont let him fool you. I was there, and I am honest.

Originally posted by Tigerpride
So are you saying that the ASU defense was the cause of Kent's poor performance??
TP,
I can't rightly say what caused that awful perfomance, but trust me, it was AWFUL.

He was like 12 out of 35, less than 150 yards, all kind of overthrows and underthrows

Like I said, it was no doubt who the best team was. The best team won!!!!!!

Back