What are Your Favorite Black Movies?

Re: Whatever happened to "Rudy Huckstable"?

Originally posted by Bartram
Didn't she go to some HBCU? :confused:

Yeah, she went to Spelman and ended up pledging Delta. I think that she just graduated not too long ago also.

But you right Bedrock, she is all "grown up" now!

Nah, nah, Makaho and others on bad movies,,,,

,,,,:redhot: ,,,, the absolute,,,:mad: WORST,,, movie,,, of all time,,,, is The Color Purple.:p :D :D

:mad: ,,, didn't care for, and could not relate to that movie at all.:redhot:

PS: ,,, yeah, although I have Black Spring Break and Baby Boy and looked at them with an open mind, I would not contest your elections of them as pretty bad efforts or at the very least, very stereo-typical. (maybe they did but,,,) what if an all/predominantly white team had produced these and the other black "inner-city/hood" movies?? would the black media/race be crying fowl like back in the days of the menstral shows?????? gotta wonder.

Bartram,
I could somewhat relate to the "Color Purple". I have seen some pretty pitiful things in my day. But the bad reflections on the race aside, the acting was wonderful and the movie had its share of ups and down. The kinda story that we see often where the underdog, down-trotten, hero pulls herself together to win in the end.

I try and take each movie in its own context and try my best to enjoy it. That 's why I can sometimes be critical of "our" movies. Just because black people made it, that doesn't mean it can suck.

FAVORITE and WORSE!

I can't believe you guys forgot about:

I'M GONNA GIT YOU SUCKA!

It is so dayum funny until I almost peed in my pants the first time I saw it. Every scene is hilarious!

My favorite TWO scenes (it was hard to narrow it down) is when Chris Rock comes in to order food from Jim Brown and Isaac Hayes at the BBQ place. He argues back and forth about how much everything cost, then pulls out a big azz wad of money!:lmao: :lmao:

The next one is when Isaac Hayes puts on about 100 guns all over his body and then slips down in the parking lot and they all go off!:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Now the WORSE Black movie of all times is:

BELOVED

I could walk to Chicago right now and demand my money back from Oprah!!!!:redhot:

ok, ok,, the acting in Purple was good,,,

,,, i simply took great offense to the movie because of the way it portrayed the father-black male when the roll models I saw growing up were exactly opposite. I know personnally of NO family members that even match this stereo-type. Granted, I am not around all the male figures in my life except what I can remember of my father and mother and my aunts and uncles.

,,,,,,,also, probably just something about Woopie Goldberg and Opray that got to me and left an eternally sour taste in my mouth.

Claudine (1974) starring Diahann Carroll, James Earl Jones, and Lawrence Hilton Jacobs

Musical Score by Curtis Mayfield song by Gladys Knight includes

On & On, The Making of You, and my favorite...To Be Invisible!

didn't know what it was but,,,

glanced Claudine while surfing the channels. I would like to see the entire movie. it was funny seeing such a young James E. Jones. :D

Back