Week 6 SWAC Rankings

thegooddoctor

1. GSU - Good homecoming win against the boys from Oklahoma. The boys from Louisiana Normal College are headed for the big showdown aginst JSU. Doug has the Tigers on cruise control.

2. JSU - Coach Hughes has let his boys lose. Coach Ashberry is asking what happens to the scoreboard when he scores 100. The defense has shown continued improvement. Will be tested by Alabama State soon.

2. Alcorn - The Braves are on the war path. Looks like Coach Thomas rebuilding plan was sound and is now producing favorable results.

3. Alabama State - Cole and his Hornets football team were scalped by the Braves. Question is can they regroup for the clash in Mobile against JSU?

4. Alabama A&M - Are the Bulldogs turning it around? The win against TSU has opened some eyes. The big test will be this week in Indianapolis.

5. APB - Consistency is needed. One week they are up and then to lose to Kentucky State.

6. TSU - The Tigers are still a mystery. To everyone including Coach Thomas.

7. SU - Injuries have decimated the SU offense. Down to 3rd and 4th string qb's and the offensive line is also in bad shape. Look for a shakeup at the end of this season. The Jaguar Nation has gotten restless.

8. MVSU - Totten is still going to win some games and don't be surprise if one of those victories happens in Red Stick, LA.

PVU - Just don't have the horses. Don't be surprise for at least one upset before the season ends.

Week 6 Predictions

Alabama A& M vs SU - Jags are going no where fast. No offense. The spirit is gone. Look for the Bulldogs to win this one.

Alabama State vs Mo Brown - Cole uses this one to get ready for JSU. A practice game for the Hornets.

Alcorn vs Fort Valley - Fort Valley has won the last two and have gotten the big head. Look for a scalping to take place on the reservation. It's pay back time.

MVSU vs Paul Quinn - It pupil vs student. Sorry Gunslinger, you lose.

PVU vs Grambling - Good pay day for the Panthers, alone with an old fashion butt whipping.

Last week: 4 -1 Overlooked APB vs Kentucky State. Good thing I did.

Overall; 21 - 10:cool:

I'm outta here!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, Gram won. But I'd hardly call it a "good win".

Alcorn played a great offensive game. They should still be ranked ahead of us.

Bama State should be behind A&M and UAPB.

Grambling didn't have a good win this week but neither did Jackson against Tennessee State if you look at the way Grambling and FAMU beat them. Remember they are 1-4 with their only win coming against PV. Should that drop you any lower than you are, NO. Grambling earned being the top spot for beating Alcorn.

Alcorn looks like they are playing the best football in SWAC at the moment. Especially, if you look at the competition they are playing... Alcorn should be above JSU at the moment. Their game against each other will decide who is better.

BAMA State did lose to UAPB but UAPB lose to a lower tier Division II school in Kentucky State. So, I can understand that. They will be playing JSU soon enough. It always gets settled on the field.

I think that the rankings are consistant. By the end of the year, it will all be settled.

Originally posted by thegooddoctor
1. GSU - Good homecoming win against the boys from Oklahoma. The boys from Louisiana Normal College are headed for the big showdown aginst JSU. Doug has the Tigers on cruise control.

2. JSU - Coach Hughes has let his boys lose. Coach Ashberry is asking what happens to the scoreboard when he scores 100. The defense has shown continued improvement. Will be tested by Alabama State soon.

2. Alcorn - The Braves are on the war path. Looks like Coach Thomas rebuilding plan was sound and is now producing favorable results.

3. Alabama State - Cole and his Hornets football team were scalped by the Braves. Question is can they regroup for the clash in Mobile against JSU?

4. Alabama A&M - Are the Bulldogs turning it around? The win against TSU has opened some eyes. The big test will be this week in Indianapolis.

5. APB - Consistency is needed. One week they are up and then to lose to Kentucky State.

6. TSU - The Tigers are still a mystery. To everyone including Coach Thomas.

7. SU - Injuries have decimated the SU offense. Down to 3rd and 4th string qb's and the offensive line is also in bad shape. Look for a shakeup at the end of this season. The Jaguar Nation has gotten restless.

8. MVSU - Totten is still going to win some games and don't be surprise if one of those victories happens in Red Stick, LA.

PVU - Just don't have the horses. Don't be surprise for at least one upset before the season ends.

Week 6 Predictions

Alabama A& M vs SU - Jags are going no where fast. No offense. The spirit is gone. Look for the Bulldogs to win this one.

Alabama State vs Mo Brown - Cole uses this one to get ready for JSU. A practice game for the Hornets.

Alcorn vs Fort Valley - Fort Valley has won the last two and have gotten the big head. Look for a scalping to take place on the reservation. It's pay back time.

MVSU vs Paul Quinn - It pupil vs student. Sorry Gunslinger, you lose.

PVU vs Grambling - Good pay day for the Panthers, alone with an old fashion butt whipping.

Last week: 4 -1 Overlooked APB vs Kentucky State. Good thing I did.

Overall; 21 - 10:cool:

I'm outta here!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc,
Good analysis. Even though Robber is right that GRAMBLING's win was not pretty, the G-MEN are still the champs, scoreboard is scoreboard and in the words in Rick Flair "To be the best you have to beat the best". The most interesting prediction is the VALLEY win over the JAGS for SU's homecoming. I don't know if I agree but I will agree that Totten will have the new scoreboard at Mumford on fire.
A&M v. SU.....A&M
BAMA STATE v. MO BROWN... BAMA STATE
CORN v. FT. VALLEY...CORN
VALLEY v. PAUL QUINN...VALLEY
PV v. ICON...ICON

Originally posted by Get Ready
Mine are:

Alcorn
JSU
Gram
A&M
Pine Bluff
Bama State
Valley

The rest dont matter

I don't know if I can feel Alcorn for #1 right now, but they are playing pretty well.

Re: Re: Week 6 SWAC Rankings

Originally posted by ICEICE5

Doc,
Good analysis. Even though Robber is right that GRAMBLING's win was not pretty, the G-MEN are still the champs, scoreboard is scoreboard and in the words in Rick Flair "To be the best you have to beat the best". The most interesting prediction is the VALLEY win over the JAGS for SU's homecoming. I don't know if I agree but I will agree that Totten will have the new scoreboard at Mumford on fire.
A&M v. SU.....A&M
CORN v. FT. VALLEY...CORN
VALLEY v. PAUL QUINN...VALLEY
PV v. ICON...ICON

I'm not sure about the Valley over SU prediction, but niether team is playing particularly well, and anything is possible at this point. SU's lack of offense may be thier killer.

Originally posted by Get Ready
Mine are:

Alcorn
JSU
Gram
A&M
Pine Bluff
Bama State
Valley

The rest dont matter

Alcorn
Gram
JSU
A&M
Bama State
Pine Bluff
SU
TSU
Valley
PVU

I'm going with Alcorn because the tough part of there SWAC schedule is out the way, with the exception of JSU. A win over JSU, and their in.

JSU still has a tough SWAC schedule with Alcorn, ASU, and GSU.

GSU ran up on a good year with the SWAC West being so weak.

A&M, ASU big uphill climb.

UAPB needs help to continue, the best they can do is spoil it for someone else. I see one more upset out of them this year.

SU still has only one SWAC lose. Can they turn it around?

Originally posted by Robber

Bama State should be behind A&M and UAPB.

Robber,

I disagree with you on that one.

A&M's only wins have been against Texas Southern and Prairie View, with losses to Grambling and Jacksonville. Bama State also beat Texas Southern, along with Miles and UTC on the road, with a mistake-plauged loss (six turnovers) to Pine Bluff and a road loss to the team that you say is one of the best in the league (Alcorn).

Yes Pine Bluff beat us (see above) but a ranking should be determined on a team's entire record, not what they did on one night. They came to within a fumble of being winless right now. And you think they should be ranked ahead of us? I don't think so.

But like someone said, its early.

Originally posted by Deuce

Robber,

I disagree with you on that one.

A&M's only wins have been against Texas Southern and Prairie View, with losses to Grambling and Jacksonville. Bama State also beat Texas Southern, along with Miles and UTC on the road, with a mistake-plauged loss (six turnovers) to Pine Bluff and a road loss to the team that you say is one of the best in the league (Alcorn).

Yes Pine Bluff beat us (see above) but a ranking should be determined on a team's entire record, not what they did on one night. They came to within a fumble of being winless right now. And you think they should be ranked ahead of us? I don't think so.

But like someone said, its early.

Uuuuh Deuce......

Using your theory, JSU would be 4-1.

Carry on

Here We Go.....

A&M v. SU..............................A&M
CORN v. FT. VALLEY................ALCORN
VALLEY v. PAUL QUINN..........VALLEY
PV v. Gram.............................GRAM

Back