Washington Mutual

Shamocha

Deserving Of Everything
Does anyone bank with them? I have a WaMu credit card and I've been thinking about moving all of my banking over to them. I've been with BOA for a little over 6 yrs and I've been happy for the most part. The only thing I don't like is new "fees" or different amounts keep popping up. I went from having a no fees at all to $3 here or there. When I call they can never give me a straight answer. WaMu says they've ditched all kinds of fees including the ATM fee. I was just wondering if that is true.

We have both. I like both of 'em....I haven't had the fees for either because our old house mortgage was with WAMU. Now the new house mortgage is with BOA....Because of that, I don't get the fees for anything on my checking.

xxx
Does WaMu eliminate tht ATM fee on their own bank or others as well?

They eliminate the WaMu fee if you use another bank's ATM. You still have to pay the other bank's fee. That's a good look because I know I get tired of paying BOA's $2 on top of what the ATM charges. Remember when the fees used to be $.50?

They eliminate the WaMu fee if you use another bank's ATM. You still have to pay the other bank's fee. That's a good look because I know I get tired of paying BOA's $2 on top of what the ATM charges. Remember when the fees used to be $.50?

Oh, that's not bad. I rarely use any ATM outside of my bank. That is why I like cash back at the grocery store. Basically, I use that as my ATM. When I do my shopping for the week, I get some money for the week as well. If I use up the cash before I make it back to the grocery store, then I don't have any more cash that week.

Does anyone bank with them? I have a WaMu credit card and I've been thinking about moving all of my banking over to them. I've been with BOA for a little over 6 yrs and I've been happy for the most part. The only thing I don't like is new "fees" or different amounts keep popping up. I went from having a no fees at all to $3 here or there. When I call they can never give me a straight answer. WaMu says they've ditched all kinds of fees including the ATM fee. I was just wondering if that is true].

That is not true. I have WaMu and I'm switching to Wachovia. WaMu is a rip off. They have fees just like the others, but their availability for branches is the worst.

Not to mention that I just received a letter from one of my bill collectors that said that the bank did not send them their money or something when I paid them online.

That is not true. I have WaMu and I'm switching to Wachovia. WaMu is a rip off. They have fees just like the others, but their availability for branches is the worst.

I rarely go into a branch for anything. What did WaMu do? I called them just to get some info but I haven't started switching yet.

i have WAMU, and i'm straight. i would choose anything over Bank of America, they are a rip off, this is coming from a customer and internal perspective.

I rarely go into a branch for anything. What did WaMu do? I called them just to get some info but I haven't started switching yet.
1. They havent been allowing money out of my account when I pay my bills online,
2. they would hold things on your card for weeks and then allow them to all post at once so that alot of times your account would be overdrafted and would pull money from your savings to cover the charges along with a fee,
3. alot of their locations (branches) were closed down so find a branch, to discuss the crazy fees that they were charging, is nearly impossible.

Shamocha - You need to look around and base your bank on your lifestyle. If you use the ATM a lot, then you need a bank that has ATMs where you normally go. Paying ATM fees is a waste of money. You also need to look the amount of money that you will put in the bank, that will really determine how much in fees if any that you will pay.

WaMu, BOA and Wachovia offer good programs, but you have to look at what meets your needs. Another option that you might want to look at is a credit union.

Shamocha - You need to look around and base your bank on your lifestyle. If you use the ATM a lot, then you need a bank that has ATMs where you normally go. Paying ATM fees is a waste of money. You also need to look the amount of money that you will put in the bank, that will really determine how much in fees if any that you will pay.

WaMu, BOA and Wachovia offer good programs, but you have to look at what meets your needs. Another option that you might want to look at is a credit union.

I have an account with Ga Telco Credit Union. The only reason I was looking at WaMu is because of less "fees". BnB has me rethinking that talking about them messing with his payments he made online. I rarely walk into a branch. I do most of my banking online or through the ATM.

I dont know why they are charging you fees, but if they are you do need to change. I dont do fees, I do make the effort to go to my bank's ATM so I dont have to pay any ATM fees. I dont pay checking fees and I do online banking with no fees.

I am like you, its a rare event for me to go into a branch. I only do it to deposit a check.

I dont know why they are charging you fees, but if they are you do need to change. I dont do fees, I do make the effort to go to my bank's ATM so I dont have to pay any ATM fees. I dont pay checking fees and I do online banking with no fees.

I am like you, its a rare event for me to go into a branch. I only do it to deposit a check.
That is another reason I'm changing. WaMu has closed down alot of their branches and their ATMs are only located at their branches. They dont have a wide variety of ATM stations like Wachovia has. There are Wachovia islands just about everywhere I go, so I will be using them.

1. They havent been allowing money out of my account when I pay my bills online,
2. they would hold things on your card for weeks and then allow them to all post at once so that alot of times your account would be overdrafted and would pull money from your savings to cover the charges along with a fee,
3. alot of their locations (branches) were closed down so find a branch, to discuss the crazy fees that they were charging, is nearly impossible.

WAMU will only draft from your savings IF YOU set it up that way...You may have signed something from the jump to do that and not realized it.

With BOA, you can go to McDonald's right now....anywhere...charge something and then go find the nearest ATM, the charge is already taken out of the account....I like that....

IN HOUSTON, BoA and WAMU were on every corner.....

They have none here in Huntsville, and I STILL bank with them. Aint been to their bank in 2 months....I also have credit unions

Redstone FCU
Johnson Space Center FCU, and
Pelican State FCU....

I like WAMU! I have been with them since they were Bank United. Before that I was with Chase and they were raping me with fees..........

xxx
WAMU will only draft from your savings IF YOU set it up that way...You may have signed something from the jump to do that and not realized it.

Yeah we signed up for it, but they initially said that they do not charge a fee for drafting from your savings. Well that lasted about a good year or so, then the fees kicked in.

I like WAMU! I have been with them since they were Bank United. Before that I was with Chase and they were raping me with fees..........

Me too, been with them 12 yrs and I love WAMU. I use on line payments for everything. Never had a problem. I also have business account with them and everything is free. Checks, online banking, online bill pay, even gave me a stamp to endorse checks all free. They also, give free travlers checks, money orders, cashiers checks and notary service with any account. I use certified funds and notary regularly some banks charge as much as 10 bucks for Cert. Funds.

I also have accounts with Wells Fargo, Chase, and BofA. One thing about Chase and BofA that bothered me is if I write you a check, you take it to the bank to cash it they charge you a fee if you don't have an account with them. What kind of SH## is that? Also, wells fargo's free checking has strings attached, requires work moving money back and forth from checking and savings accounts.

I have never been charged any fee's from WAMU for any standard transactions. Overdrafts and things like that I can't comment on.

Back