War of the Worlds

pv_symbiotic

Ghetto Bourgeois
I rented War of The Worlds over the break. This movie doesn't compare to the previous movie, but it did have it's highlights. I enjoyed the special effects and the Tom Cruise's two kids behavior. Those kids would be a good agrument of why child abuse should be legalized. My dad would have broken me up if I behave like those kids during the crisis. There behavior did add to my enjoyment of the movie.

If you are a fan of the old War of the Worlds movie then I should rent this one. They did a great job with this version. You will get a kick out of the scenes when the aliens sent the probe in to the basement. I like the cat and mouse between the humans on the probe searching the basement.

This movie sucked. After all the hype behind it, I checked it out this sumer and I hated it. It was just flat out awful!

Dawg,

I did not say that it was a great movie. I said that this movie would be a great agrument to justify child abuse.

I did not get caught up in the hype but I think I recieved excellent value of my dollar since I rented the movie and then I help Hollywood Video Backup their DVD, just in case HV lose their original.

This proves that no matter how much money you put into a movie the storytelling still has to be strong. Although I do appreciate the techniques and technology of this movie. Like the producers bought a 707 jet plane and cut it up for the crash scene; Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning had weights in their hands to swim to a bottom of a 10' pool. The old movie is a classic but it did not tell the story like H.G Wells did. Speilberg tried to tell the story like it was written in the book.

Back