VIBE AWARDS

Nope.

I heard it was Gun and Knife free though.

I also heard about the GAME good Dumb-@ZZ. He is so focking lame.

I forgot all about these awards, last night. I don't usually miss too many award shows...I love them. :nod:

How were they, who won everything?

Warndalyn,

Don't worry. You know it will be on again. The lighting and stage were terrible, but otherwise it was ok. This however has caused some controversey.

dsc_1506.jpg

J4J said:
I watched and enjoyed it. What was the controversy with Luda....It was the Georgia flag, wasn't it?

It thinks thats the Confederate Flag J.

Luda's not the first southern rapper to do this.

Pastor Troy did it in one of his videos.
LIL' John had a big arse flag in the "BIA-BYOTCH" video----David Banner was in this also with a Red FLAG shirt with Mississippi on it.

Like others said .............CONTROVERSEY sells.

Hell, I did not even know that the VIBE Awards were airing..........Oh well, I caught the last bit of Luda's performance..........Did not look 2 entertaining.......the audience seemed DEAD......or maybe they were "Civilized" for a change..........No FIGHTING............... :eek:

Warndalyn said:
Why is Luda wearing it, though? Is he trying to make a point, or what?

It went with the song he was singing..."Georgia...Georgia....I've got Georgia on my mind..." ...then he faded into the Rap portion of song with a choir and everything.

The choirs were divided in half with blacks and whites. The blacks had on the white robe and the whites had on a black robe....when he finished rapping, they ended up merged black-white-black-white-black...etc.

I'd have to listen to it again so I can get a clue on what he was rapping about.

I remember some brothers from South Carolina who started a clothing line that had a red, green and black confederate flag on it. I think it was called NuSouth. I haven't heard much out of them lately.

On the serious tip, I think what schools need to do is explain the TRUE history of the flag (how it got started, what it meant, as well as how it has been used, good or bad). I know the flag is a very sensitive issued with a lot of us.

J4J said:
It went with the song he was singing..."Georgia...Georgia....I've got Georgia on my mind..." ...then he faded into the Rap portion of song with a choir and everything.

The choirs were divided in half with blacks and whites. The blacks had on the white robe and the whites had on a black robe....when he finished rapping, they ended up merged black-white-black-white-black...etc.

I'd have to listen to it again so I can get a clue on what he was rapping about.
really.......:eek:

JagGrad said:
Hell, I did not even know that the VIBE Awards were airing..........Oh well, I caught the last bit of Luda's performance..........Did not look 2 entertaining.......the audience seemed DEAD......or maybe they were "Civilized" for a change..........No FIGHTING............... :eek:

You got it mixed up. You are talking about the Source Awards

jelli said:
There was also some controversy with Mary J.'s speech that wasn't aired.
yeah, Flo Anthony reported that Mary was mad about her photo, which was on the front cover of VIBE, I think.

Dr. Freeze said:
You got it mixed up. You are talking about the Source Awards

Dayum Ur Shole Right.....My Bad....See How much I don't watch Award Shows............Unless BET shows it bout 31 times in a 30 day period........................

staggalee83 said:
Luda's not the first southern rapper to do this.

Pastor Troy did it in one of his videos.
LIL' John had a big arse flag in the "BIA-BYOTCH" video----David Banner was in this also with a Red FLAG shirt with Mississippi on it.

Like others said .............CONTROVERSEY sells.

:nod2:

ok, I get it now...he called in to the local radio station here, this a.m....I see he has a new CD coming out, so basically, this was a publicity stunt, to sell records.

Gotcha, Luda...:tup:

Back