Vatican may reject 'zero tolerance'

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
I wonder why Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the rest of these chitlin circuit so called human rights activists aren't out here in Dallas protesting against these faggot azz priests trying to protect their own for raping innocent children. But I bet if ABC decided to pull the Wayans...their asses will be all on TV.

As U.S. bishops Friday debated what to do about sexual abuse involving priests, an important Roman Catholic newspaper reported that a "zero-tolerance" stance might have a rough time getting approval at the Vatican.

Attendees at the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops have been leaning toward adopting a zero-tolerance policy on sex abuse that would remove from the ministry anyone facing even one substantive allegation. The bishops are expected to vote for the tougher policy Friday.

But the National Catholic Reporter quotes a Vatican official as saying "zero tolerance is going to have a hard time here."

Another is quoted saying that the bishops are being forced into a conclusion rather than resolving the issue dispassionately.

"The church is about reconcilation. Its highest priority can't be driving out the pedophiles," the official said.

One canon lawyer who works with several Vatican offices told the paper: "There is a real sense that all this may not pass muster."

If the Vatican approves the bishops' policy, it will be mandatory. If not, it will be a policy to be adopted by dioceses on a voluntary basis.

A draft proposal from a committee developing the Roman Catholic Church's policy on sexual abuse makes it clear that "no priest or deacon who has abused a minor can remain in ministry," said Archbishop Harry Flynn, who is heading the panel.

It's the bottom line of a stronger, revised document distributed to American bishops at their conference here, Flynn told bishops Friday.

"As good pastors attentive to those we serve, we can do no less," said Flynn, of the Minneapolis-St. Paul diocese. Bishops spent the morning discussing fine points and suggesting revisions to the document.

Flynn called it a defining moment for the bishops to express the church's resolve to "protect children" and "root out a cancer in our church."

I'm really sick of this isht but I'll post my view(s)

I think that from a christian point of view that these priests should be forgiven, just as GOD will and does forgive us, we should be able to forgive others....now don't get it twisted, even for a moment. I do not feel that they should go unpunished, and I also feel that their priesthoodship should be taken away. They should no longer be in the pulpit, at the alter, or whatever they call in the Catholic church. These priests are just like R. Kelly, pedifiles(sp) and they need help, but should not be allowed to minister any longer.....All we can do is pray for them.

Another thing, why is the VATICAN handling this, why aren't the criminal authorities handling it? This is a crime, ya know. :rolleyes:

GOD bless those little children that have been and are victims.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back