Valley's new leader.....

PV-PRIDE

http://clarionledger.com/article/20...=lzT39yfsX3H8moKgU8aDF8iT1/QDjtFZk/b6fEfy+sE=

Florida educator tapped as new Valley leader

The state College Board has picked Donna Oliver as its preferred candidate to lead Mississippi Valley State University.

On Oct. 21 the College Board will hold several open meetings on campus with various constituency groups, including students, alumni and faculty, before officially hiring Oliver as the university?s sixth president.

Oliver was most recently the provost and vice president of academic affairs at Edward Waters College in Jacksonville, Fla.

I wish all the best for Valley's new leader. Hopefully she will take them to new heights.

actually she isn't officially the President. She is who the IHL board has recommended. She has an open forum on campus next Tuesday where faculty, staff, and students will be able to ask her questions about her vision for Valley.

actually she isn't officially the President. She is who the IHL board has recommended. She has an open forum on campus next Tuesday where faculty, staff, and students will be able to ask her questions about her vision for Valley.

Right!!!! She have my approval with so many educational recognitions and I don't think she could go wrong at MVSU. Good Luck Dr. Oliver

is it true she has never toured the campus? If so, sounds like a puppet decision

That's what people up there is mad about.
The college board here pull's secret stuff like this when it comes to hiring College President's all the time.

First Alcorn, Then miss. State, now Valley.

Have no problem with her but what I want to know is how did she get the job without even visiting VALLEY or setting foot in the Mississippi Delta in her life?

I wish her all the luck but the guy that was guiding Valley in the intern position, an ALUM with decades of ties, evidently was not a consideration to the College board.

I wish her all the luck but the guy that was guiding Valley in the intern position, an ALUM with decades of ties, evidently was not a consideration to the College board.

It appears that Hudson is linked with a former admin assistance who embezelled oiver $40K dollars from Valley. Seems Hudson was simply signing blank checks and handing them to the lady, who was swindling the money...

Read today's Clarion-Ledger for the story....

And if it's true - which it seems, then there's good reason the IHL never considered Hudson for the job.....

unless the new prez will get more cash to make changes...they are only righting the ship

didn't know Totten teaches 3 classes in addition to coaching :rolleyes:

When I read the first article posted and it said she never visited the college before I thought that was weird but everyone kept saying "positive" things.

I kept quiet b/c I am not at all familiar with how University Presidents are chosen and if it's normal to not visit the university "you" might be over.

*shrugs*

Back