Valley pauses football activities

Man this season going to be extended lol

Can't get extended beyond Apr 24th as the SCG is scheduled for May 1st
We playing South Carolina st now...confirmed

Great

I suggested this weeks ago after Alcorn "opted out". IF we play JSU next week, we will have a 3 week break before playing UAPB

Me too, I said that the conference should have got with those 3 MEAC schools and used them to fill in for the missing Alcorn games.

Still nothing official from either school. I think the holdup is SCSU has a game already scheduled for this weekend with Howard, but they have a common open date of March 20th. If they can come to an agreement to move it there then AAMU should be in Orangeburg this weekend.

No contract just yet.

Still nothing official from either school. I think the holdup is SCSU has a game already scheduled for this weekend with Howard, but they have a common open date of March 20th. If they can come to an agreement to move it there then AAMU should be in Orangeburg this weekend.

No contract just yet.

Game is locked in . Kickoff at 130pm

This game will be against good quality competition out the gate, should get us ready for SWAC Ball when we can finally get a game. SC State has good tradition and normally top tier in the MEAC! I'm glad we are trying to raise our level of competition to be better!

Valley need to just close shop for season!

Not one soul suggested that JSU "close shop for the season" when they had their outbreak yet here is the "po ol Valley need to shut it down nonsense".

You know with Alcorn opting out, that created a then 4 week break that would have occurred if we played AAMU Saturday. Even if we play JSU next Saturday, there will be a 3 week break between that game and UAPB so even if something happens between now and then, there will be opportunities to make the games up. This is not a normal situation so you have to expected the unexpected instead of only suggesting that Valley and UAPB shut things down (especially when your school had to pause basketball activities but no one suggested "shutting it down")

No contract just yet.
The SCSU and Howard game was cancelled.... Howards president won't let the team leave the DC area.

Game is locked in . Kickoff at 130pm
It's not official until the contract is signed, or a press release is put out from the schools involved. Right now, it sounds like an agreement in principle. As of this moment, the only press release has been the announcement of the MVSU game postponement.

Not saying you're wrong, but a lot of the detail needs to be worked out between both schools. This is not as simple as an intraconference date change. Arrangements & accommodations need to be set for the visiting team, contacts agreed and signed by the Presidents, and possible media coverage options discussed. I would expect to see something out of the athletics departments later this afternoon at the earliest. What's your source on the start time?

Last edited:
It's not official until the contract is signed, or a press release is put out from the schools involved. Right now, it sounds like an agreement in principle. As of this moment, the only press release has been the announcement of the MVSU game postponement.

Not saying you're wrong, but a lot of the detail needs to be worked out between both schools. This is not as simple as an intraconference date change. Arrangements & accommodations need to be set for the visiting team, contacts agreed and signed by the Presidents, and possible media coverage options discussed. I would expect to see something out of the athletics departments later this afternoon at the earliest. What's your source on the start time?

A coach at SCSU

bruh they playing! I got it directly from the source... trust me.... Im right here.... I know most things that are going on... I dont depend on press releases...

bruh they playing! I got it directly from the source... trust me.... Im right here.... I know most things that are going on... I dont depend on press releases...
Tell them to release the roster and signing class while you're at it, lol.

I'm 99% confident we will be playing them this weekend, but everything I said is accurate. If corporate America has taught me anything it's that it means nothing if it's not under contract.

Back