University of Florida looking at FAMUs Willie Simmons

THEESwacProphet

THEE SWACs Neighborhood Prophet
You will hear very soon that the University of Florida is attempting to aggressively pursue FAMU’s Willie Simmons as their new head coach.That’s only if they fire Dan Mullin directly after the season which is strongly possible. They are gathering a short list and if it’s not satisfactory for them they will hold over Dan on a short leash until the fall. On the shortlist is Coach Willie Simmons, they are watching his season closely at FAMU.

Last edited:

You will hear very soon that the University of Florida is attempting to aggressively pursue FAMU’s Willie Simmons as their new head coach. I am with the local station in Tallahassee and this source comes from the university of Florida’s alumni and athletic department. That’s only if they fire Dan Mullin directly after the season which is strongly possible. They are gathering a short list and if it’s not satisfactory for them they will hold over Dan on a short leash until the fall. On the shortlist is Coach Willie Simmons, they are watching his season closely at FAMU.
Not surprising that an FBS school would be looking at Willie. He's got a lot of respect in college football coaching circles.

You will hear very soon that the University of Florida is attempting to aggressively pursue FAMU’s Willie Simmons as their new head coach.That’s only if they fire Dan Mullin directly after the season which is strongly possible. They are gathering a short list and if it’s not satisfactory for them they will hold over Dan on a short leash until the fall. On the shortlist is Coach Willie Simmons, they are watching his season closely at FAMU.

I believe this. And, I also believe Cristobal (a Cuban) and Mel Tucker (a Brother) will also be candidates for the Florida job. I can't see them bringing Mullen back when his staff's contracts end after this season. If Mullen is brought back he will have a hard time filling out his staff because he'll be a lameduck coach.

I believe this. And, I also believe Cristobal (a Cuban) and Mel Tucker (a Brother) will also be candidates for the Florida job. I can't see them bringing Mullen back when his staff's contracts end after this season. If Mullen is brought back he will have a hard time filling out his staff because he'll be a lameduck coach.
I’m hearing LSU is willing to break the bank to get Mel down on the bayou

Mel and Cristobal come from the Saban coaching tree , correct?

Yes. And, Saban called the MSU AD and Tom Izzo and told them to go and get Mel Tucker. That's how Mel got the MSU job. Mel will be in the running for the Bama job. Mel was a GA for Saban at MSU, was his DB coach I believe on his first LSU staff, and coached DB for him again at Bama after Mel left the NFL. Cristobal was Saban's OL coach at Bama and was his main recruiter in south Florida.

Mel.......... will also be candidates for the Bama job when Saban leaves.
I think the key word here is "candidate". Hell, just about anyone can be a "candidate". Now as for the actual hiring, well, I think you will see a Klingon in the White House before that happens.

I
I think the key word here is "candidate". Hell, just about anyone can be a "candidate". Now as for the actual hiring, well, I think you will see a Klingon in the White House before that happens.

I guess we'll see a Klington in the White House then because Mel will be coach at Bama if LSU or Florida doesn't snatch him first.

I

I guess we'll see a Klington in the White House then because Mel will be coach at Bama if LSU or Florida doesn't snatch him first.
I don't know about LSU or Florida. But BAMA??? 🤣 Well, we shall see. If it does happen, then, the drinks are on me. But anyway, lets get back on subject (University of Florida/Willie Simmons).

Good job getting some clarity on the coaches call about the TCU question!

He sidestepped the question and didn't answer it, talking about the hospital. He could have squashed it all by saying No or Yes about interviewing for the TCU job.

Back