Uniersity of Arkansas Atheltice Director Using the N-Word

Dr. Sweet NUPE

University of Arkansas Athletic Director Using the N-Word

LITTLE ROCK -- Arkansas athletic director Frank Broyles acknowledged Thursday during Nolan Richardson's discrimination trial that he repeated a racial slur while recounting for a small group a question that had been posed to him in 2000.

Broyles testified that he said the word in front of people attending a banquet -- but that he did so while repeating a question by Razorback Foundation board member Jim Lindsey, a former Razorback football player, now a wealthy developer who sits on the university board.

According to Broyles: "A friend of the Razorbacks called and asked this question, the question, `Is there any difference in a black person calling someone of the Caucasian race a redneck S.O.B. than a white person using the word N.S.O.B.?'

"And I said `n-----,' regrettably," Broyles said.

Broyles said outside court, during a break in testimony, that it was the only time he had ever used the slur.
--------------------------------------------------------------
Broyles is on some bull-crap. If you have said once you have said it twice. Honestly on the discrimination issue I understand where Nolan Richardson is coming from yet, we have to remember Richardson was fired soon after he lashed out at TV media who was questioning him on his losing season. In short he stated, "I made Arkansas basketball, and I don't want any media in my practices questioning me on nothing."

I understand his anger but sometimes you have to know how to voice your anger.

Broyles suggested the board sell 147,000 shares of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. stock and use the proceeds to help pay for the school's Fayetteville stadium expansion. What the board did with the recommendation didn't come up; foundation records are private -- though the stadium was expanded.
------------------------

I did not know colleges could have stock in a privater company even if it was given as a gift.

Re: University of Arkansas Athletic Director Using the N-Word

Broyles testified Wednesday that he had wanted to fire Richardson at the end of the 2000 season, but the Razorbacks won four games to sweep the Southeastern Conference tournament and saved his job. The university fired Richardson two years later, amid a losing season and after Richardson said publicly that Arkansas could buy out his contract for half its value.

It seems as if these old white men can't resist reverting back to their youth. He needs to be fired also. Didn't Richardson tell the university that they could fire him if they wanted but be prepared to pay him when they did it? If this is true then what's the problem.

Did I fail to mention that the guy who was cracking the joke is on the Board of Trustees for Colleges and Universities for the State of Arkansas...Jim Lindsey...let's see UAPB....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Fool go to the SMACK board where you can have a conversation using the verbiage coons and byaches is applicable. I can tell you bought your grades.

enswaclopedia said:
It seems as if these old white men can't resist reverting back to their youth. He needs to be fired also. Didn't Richardson tell the university that they could fire him if they wanted but be prepared to pay him when they did it? If this is true then what's the problem.

The article stated that....to me I think it's more of...Richardson hates Broyles....and Richardson opened his mouth of the right time to be fired...and Broyles said some foul stuff which has backfired.

Could a moderator delete all this c**n stuff...I went back and edited my comments so we can have a discussion about this. The hardest thing about this situation is that Arkansas' Athletic Department has a young man with a Ph.D. as Associate Athletic director and Frank Broyles is grooming the football coach to be athletic director.

You might notice that this thread has become considerably shorter.

My suggestion is that if you DGAF about the topic, then don't comment. Take your ass to another thread and post there.

It is a frigging shame that a topic that could have generated a halfway intelligent conversation was denigrated into a name-calling piece of crap because futhamuckas always have to be right and have the last damned word.

Again, I say, if you haven't anything postive to contribute to the TOPIC of the thread, then kindly

TEAR YO' FUTHAMUCKIN ASS!!

DAMN!! :mad:

Love,
Niter

:rolleyes:

Now, Sweets, you are new to the hills of Arkansas.

However, I ain't.

To know that Broyles said what he did isn't nearly as surprising as hearing that he admitted to saying it even one time. Regrettably my arse. The only thing he is regretting is that the penalty for perjury would be more severe than if the backlash from this "admission" caused him to lose his job.

Those jacklegged ofays in Arkansas will probably blame Nolan for the fact that Broyles even had to make such a confession.

Vinita said:
Now, Sweets, you are new to the hills of Arkansas.

However, I ain't.

To know that Broyles said what he did isn't nearly as surprising as hearing that he admitted to saying it even one time. Regrettably my arse. The only thing he is regretting is that the penalty for perjury would be more severe than if the backlash from this "admission" caused him to lose his job.

Those jacklegged ofays in Arkansas will probably blame Nolan for the fact that Broyles even had to make such a confession.
You're absolutely on point. They hate it had to go this far. They were hoping for that good ole white privilege to get them out of having to go to court. It's going to be interesting to see how Judge Wilson a U of A grad rules in this case. Ummm!!!:confused:

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
LITTLE ROCK -- ...
According to Broyles: "A friend of the Razorbacks called and asked this question, the question, `Is there any difference in a black person calling someone of the Caucasian race a redneck S.O.B. than a white person using the word N.S.O.B.?'

The words are about the same. The difference is "who said them" and "where they were said".

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
"And I said `n-----,' regrettably," Broyles said.

Broyles said outside court, during a break in testimony, that it was the only time he had ever used the slur.

This comes from C.Y.A. 101. You can't prove it so I didn't say it!

Frank Broyles is the perfect example of "OLD MONEY'. He is one of the few men that is a member of the club where they play the Masters Golf tournament. Not even Bill Gates can be a member (because he is NEW MONEY).

Frank has plenty of pull and it is going to be very hard to do anything to hurt him. Nolan may have been before his time, someone else will benefit from his pain. I think its sad that he brought so much fame to the program and never made nearly the money that the current football coach has made (who hasn't won nothing compared to Nolan).

blownup said:
You're absolutely on point. They hate it had to go this far. They were hoping for that good ole white privilege to get them out of having to go to court. It's going to be interesting to see how Judge Wilson a U of A grad rules in this case. Ummm!!!:confused:
A UA grad!!! :smh:

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
The sad part is Broyles came and spoke at my frats graduation party....I was like should I clap for this mofo????

You should have wondered WhyTF he was even there.

a little off the subject, but we get so mad about white folks calling us the N-word, why is it ok for us to use it? No matter who says it, its still degrading to me!

Back