UAPB Tenative Schedule

Originally posted by Robber
Dude???? You don't really mean this, do ya???

Say it ain't so.

Robber, honestly I would go to New Orleans!! I'm a devoted Alcorn football fan. I don't go to another school's game unless Alcorn doesn't have a game or the game is too far (and by too far, I mean in New York or California far). Then, I'll listen to the game on the radio.
If you are planning anything and you want me to participate, you better have it on a weekend that Alcorn doesn't have a game 'cause otherwise I won't be there.
However, the game with UAPB is an exception. UAPB just isn't a draw for me to come to Alcorn for a game during the Thanksgiving Holidays. Now, if we played JSU that weekend, I'd be there. UAPB offers nothing worth me going to the game that day. I would rather go to New Orleans. Everybody going to be in New Orleans, anyway.
I'd be surprised if that game drew 2,000 fans. We had a hard time getting students to come to games this year and they were on campus!! What makes them think that, with the way the students go home every weekend now, that they are going to come to Alcorn for a game during the Thanksgiving holiday?

More Hot Mess

Originally posted by Alcorn Warrior
You have got to be kidding me!!! Why are we (Alcorn) playing UAPB on November 27?!?! That's after the Capital City Classic, right? And that's the Saturday after Thanksgiving!!! Come on, UAPB, this is a fcuking joke!!!

Well, the AD told one of his financial alumni supporters that the schedule was labeled "tentative" for a reason, despite the fact that he told the PB Commercial that it was 90% set in stone.

Furthermore, word on the street in PB is that the school is in charge of promoting the game in San Antonio. Now, in the paper, the AD was quoted as saying that UAPB was guaranteed $200,000 to play in that game.

If the school is actually promoting the game, then the $200,000 would be coming from the school. They'd be paying themselves.

I don't know if this is true, but it IS what I have heard. The only thing I've heard that is DUMBER than this is that Fat Bastard (my new name for the HC until he gives me a reason to refer to him otherwise) STILL ain't the dayum coach, because he hasn't even TAKEN, let alone PASSED, a test required of all head coaches by the NCAA.

PBLA, the AD is WAY worse than an alien ... his ass is a STOOPID ALIEN!!

Back