UAPB set to announce Chris Peterson as new Director of Athletics

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff will have a press conference at 2 p.m. Wednesday inside of the STEM Academy and Conference Center to announce the new Director of Athletics.

Multiple sources have indicated to Deltaplex Radio that the new Director of Athletics will be former UALR Director of Athletics Chris Peterson.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
No wonder HBCU presidents went to the white house. They got issues. Serious issues when it comes to hiring people.

The UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS at _______ is the reason why this hire was made

This gives ol boy a chance at redemption for a couple of years and UAPB gets a need filled.

No wonder HBCU presidents went to the white house. They got issues. Serious issues when it comes to hiring people.

Would rather hire that dude than somebody's desperate homeboy that's never worked in that role before...

What happened to AD Hines???

He was fired in September, but the administration never stated why, and didn't respond to an FOIA request.

I HOPE this isn't a case of him being pushed out to make room for the current AD... if that's the case, somebody needs to be exposed.

What happened to AD Hines???

Chancellor Alexander stated former AD Hines termination was based off his (Hines’s) performance evaluation, but he (Alexander) didn’t elaborate.
And I think that was because Hines did an appeal (not for sure; was told this).

As far as Peterson is concerned, I don’t think he’ll be with us long. He’s retirement age and I believe he’s there to ride it out until my UAPB groo......nvm!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
As I sit here thinking, I think the thought that I had last year about what happened then is trying to manifest itself into my thought-process now, making me think that what I thought is right...

....and least I think I am 🤷🏾‍♀️

I HOPE this isn't a case of him being pushed out to make room for the current AD... if that's the case, somebody needs to be exposed.

Looks like you and Lioness were right. This appears to be a homeboy hookup job allowing him to ride out until he was able to retire at the expense of Hines

Looks like you and Lioness were right. This appears to be a homeboy hookup job allowing him to ride out until he was able to retire at the expense of Hines

I’ll say this much and then continue to remain silent to see if what I thought last year will happen; but even if I think what’s gonna happen does NOT happen, I’ll post what I thought would happen.....

There was a purpose in hiring Peterson, but his hiring wasn’t due to a “homeboy hookup”......at least I don’t think it was for Peterson. He would’ve been ok if he didn’t accept the job with us. And it wasn’t at the expense of Melvin Hines. UAPB has not looked back regarding Hines and won’t, unless Hines brings up some kinda unlawful or unethical termination, which I highly doubt.

🤐

Melvin Hines wasn’t pushed out. Whatever he’d been “reprimanded” about, he was given plenty opportunity to correct and “redeem” himself.

I liked AD Hines; he did more for our Athletic Department than our last 3 failures. Chancellor Alexander said his (Hines) termination was based off his PE eval; however, there were a few employees at UAPB that I’ve known for years that had several varying factors that may have led to our Chancellor’s decision.

I don’t ever go by hearsay, which is why I still feel some type of way about his firing. But if even ONE of those things is remotely true, then yes, Melvin Hines was rightfully terminated.

Melvin Hines wasn’t pushed out. Whatever he’d been “reprimanded” about, he was given plenty opportunity to correct and “redeem” himself.

I liked AD Hines; he did more for our Athletic Department than our last 3 failures. Chancellor Alexander said his (Hines) termination was based off his PE eval; however, there were a few employees at UAPB that I’ve known for years that had several varying factors that may have led to our Chancellor’s decision.

I don’t ever go by hearsay, which is why I still feel some type of way about his firing. But if even ONE of those things is remotely true, then yes, Melvin Hines was rightfully terminated.

Arrogance is a bad drug lol

Back