U.S.OPEN

There is balance on the women's side.

On the men's side, you have the power 4, then a few others, the rest is a toss up.

Naomi Osaka moved by messages from families of Ahmaud Arbery, Trayvon Martin

A postmatch interview with Naomi Osaka on Tuesday featured video messages from the parents of Ahmaud Arbery and Trayvon Martin, two shooting victims whom Osaka has remembered on her face masks during the US Open.

Osaka, the No. 4 seed, joined the ESPN telecast not long after her 6-3, 6-4 win over Shelby Rogers.

"I just want to say thank you to Naomi Osaka for representing Trayvon Martin on your customized mask," Sybrina Fulton, Martin's mother, said. "We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Continue to do well, continue to kick butt at the US Open."

Ahmaud Arbery's father, Marcus Arbery Sr., said: : "Thank you for the support on my family and God bless you for what you're doing and you're supporting our family with my son. And my family really, really appreciates that and God bless you."

Serena Williams rallies again to reach US Open semifinals

NEW YORK -- They were just two particular points from Serena Williams' latest three-set comeback at the US Open, yet they were pivotal and consisted of the sorts of lengthy exchanges filled with athleticism and brilliance that she has been known for throughout her career.

Williams needed both of these points to reverse a deficit of being down a set and a break after 45 minutes of her quarterfinal against Tsvetana Pironkova on a cloudy Wednesday in empty Arthur Ashe Stadium.

She needed both of these points during a five-game, match-altering run -- along with her 20 aces -- to end up on the right side of a 4-6, 6-3, 6-2 score after more than two hours to get to the semifinals at Flushing Meadows for an 11th consecutive appearance.

"I never give up," Williams said. "I've just got to keep going."

Two more victories would allow her to claim a record-tying 24th Grand Slam singles title.

Women's seminal tonight
:popcorn:

https://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/schedule/schedule11.html

I hope Serena wins, but it would not surprise me if she didn't. Victoria Azarenka looked very good in her last match.

TSU/BAMA - The results was as I expected. Victoria looked real good in her previous match, with Serena struggling, I expected the outcome.

Back