U.A.P.B. Fans ??????????????

purplerush

I HAVE A QUESTION.

Since this game has been named the Arkansas Classic,are there any events going on this weekend in conjunction with the game.I will be there Sat., should I come Friday?

Nothing REALLY BIG going on Friday.

Ole school set at "Y Not Jazz & Blues". It is a mid size venue. Outstanding atmosphere. Live bands play there every Thurs thru Sunday. Shrimp Kabobs, hotwings are popular orders for clientel at this venue.
It's in downtown Pine Bluff on the first block of main street. Go there right after the game.

Little Rock has club Michaels' it's located on main street also in downtown Little Rock. Other than that, I will keep my ear to the radio for other events.

Also the game has been moved to 7:00 PM.

Boy I remember the days the Arkansas Classic was in Little Rock. Man, you could just smell Football Classic in the air. Its totally different now.

Originally posted by Da_Sperm
Boy I remember the days the Arkansas Classic was in Little Rock. Man, you could just smell Football Classic in the air. Its totally different now.

You know the story on that my brotha. I remember the first one in 1987 with Prarie View in Little Rock. This classic was started by Archie Cooley. Up until last year, the Arkansas Classic was like homecoming in Little Rock. The atmosphere is not the same now.

OK .....................

Thanks for the info.
Well, I will not ask any questions on why it is on campus now,but it did cross my mind of how a game in your on campus stadium become a classic?

Maybe after the game I will checkout the place in downtown PB.

Originally posted by pbla
You know the story on that my brotha. I remember the first one in 1987 with Prarie View in Little Rock. This classic was started by Archie Cooley. Up until last year, the Arkansas Classic was like homecoming in Little Rock. The atmosphere is not the same now.

I was there for that game and the one in 89 too that was in Little Rock, the people did come out to support it and see 2 bands battle it out.

Originally posted by purplerush
OK .....................

Thanks for the info.
Well, I will not ask any questions on why it is on campus now,but it did cross my mind of how a game in your on campus stadium become a classic?

Maybe after the game I will checkout the place in downtown PB.

I'll answer even though you didn't ask.

War Memorial, the stadium in Little Rock, did house the annual Arkansas Classic. This stadium was used 3 times a year by the Arkansas Razorbacks, 2 times by UAPB, and every Friday by a local high school. UAPB always caught the bad end of the stick on its games compared to the Razorbacks. They made it difficult on us. So after UAPB built its new stadium, it decided to hold the Classic on campus. That move seem to backfire because it turned out that majority of the crowd from the Arkansas classic were from Little Rock. I think financially, the game probably produces more for UAPB since it is at its home stadium and expenses are smaller, but game attendance has dropped from 20-25K to 10-12K.

Those games in the late 80s and early 90s were against Prairie View, and oh were they crunk. The last good Arkansas Classic was against Southern, the year we upset them on BET.

To show you how crazy War Memorial is, UAPB has to play a Thursday night game at War Memorial because War Memorial THOUHT the Razorbacks would be playing there on that Saturday. Turns out, the Razorbacks will be playing the Texas Longhorns @ 12:00 Sept. 13 @ Texas. War Memorial will be empty, there was no reason to NOT let UAPB play there on Sept. 13th.

To add what Sperm said, War Memorial charged UAPB $12,000 dollars for rent of the venue, plus $8000 for utilities and to top it all off, UAPB could not use the concession facilities!!! UAPB brought fans to Little Rock and they spent money.

There are a lot of Razorback and ASU Indian alumni in Little Rock that would not want UAPB to get real popular in the state. They want all the state's top recruits to go the "hill".

When Ron Johnson and Chris Akins transferred to UAPB, oh they did not like that shat at all.The media here flipped out over that. In which led to the firing of then head football coach Danny Ford.

Won't be there.
:shame:

Harbor Oaks has a decent Happy Hour atmosphere on Fridays (depending on your age).

Whatever happened to PJ's on the Friday before the game? PJ beat everyone's azz away?

Originally posted by Vinita
Won't be there.
:shame:

Whatever happened to PJ's on the Friday before the game? PJ beat everyone's azz away?

:lmao:

The teeny-boppers have taken it over!

I just heard the Q's are throwing a set at the Sahara on Main street after the game.

Sat.was the first time I have been to your new stadium,it is nice.I did not come in 2001 because the game was moved to the end of the season and there was no interest.

The campus is looking good.The last time I was on campus I think was 1997.

Originally posted by purplerush
Sat.was the first time I have been to your new stadium,it is nice.I did not come in 2001 because the game was moved to the end of the season and there was no interest.

The campus is looking good.The last time I was on campus I think was 1997.

Did you kick it anywhere after the game?

:topic:
Man, Alcorn's cheerleaders they need to be yall bands Golden Girls.:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

About ten of us ended up going back to the hotel and just having our
own small set.

Thanks for the info.We found the place on Main.

Back