Turning your life over to God!

MsJag4Jag

When did you KNOW it was time to turn your life over to God?

I am asking because I have recently encountered two very dear friends who have made a change in each of their lives.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I guess it FULLY happened when I got to PV in 95'.
I was saved for years before then but that's when I really started letting myself grow spiritually. I would have talks with muslims and my roomate was an atheist and some of them knew way more about their 'faith' then I knew about Jesus. I couldn't answer any of their questions that NEEDED to know. They were living real crazy & I was around them all the time so I had to decide wjether or not to live for Jesus %100. I started studying the bible more and grew. Like I said, even before then, I was saved but I felt like I was 'dating' or 'courting' Jesus, I didn't really feel 'married' to Him. 95'ish is when I realized the importance of a Relationship with Jesus and started changing.

nevaehinvesting

You may say what you want, but I was six years old. Yes, kids can have that relationship with Jesus also. My Grandma had spent a lot of time teaching me about Him. I remember at night I would talk to Him and through actions He would respond. Of course when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a (wo)man, I put away childish things.

Not really clear on the question. I guess based upon our personal experiences the question can be interpreted in many ways. I'll try though...

For as long as I can remember, I have always had a personal relationship with God. It has only become stronger over the years. I am not perfect but I'm striving for excellence daily. I've always sought to walk in His will and way. It can't be pinpointed. No one thing made me do it. It's just been my way of living like I said for as long as I can remember.

I have seen/met people that have had to make a definite decision that they want to begin to live their life according to His will. They usually made that decision after an event in their life that they, at first, viewed to be negative. They got so burnt out or tired they say and whatever that event was was the last straw and then they knew they had to turn their life over to God.

Did I answer the question??

:confused:

Thanks for answering.

There was no right or wrong answer. I just wondered if some people had an "instance" when he/she decided it was God's turn now. Everyone seems to have a different experience.

I was baptized at age 8 in a little babptist church in Bogalusa, LA. With the knowledge I had, I gave myself to "Jesus" with a push in the back from my Great Aunt Johnny Mae. So was it sincere? At that age, I bet I thought it was right, but still didn't know what I was really doing. I understood the concept of giving up sin and getting baptized....However, as an adult, I find there is more to it. It is a constant struggle to overcome evil with good....

although raised in the faith, and I "knew" what was right and what wrong, I strayed ... on more than occasion. A lot of that had to do with not knowing some important things. One of them was that equal attention has to be paid to not only what is wrong but also STEPS in the DIRECTION of the wrong. The other is the importance of profound and ever-growing humility manifest via submission.

Anyway, to answer the original question:
March 1998.

The spirit washed down upon me, nay, SOAKED me to the bone in such a way that was I was my knees in spite of myself whereas just moments before I was standing BOLT UPRIGHT.

Granted, at that moment, I was still in the "mud" but the difference was that I finally realized that i was in the "mud".

God's blessings unto you all and Aser?.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

Back