Trucking business???

nevaehinvesting

Anybody know someone in the truck driving (shipping) business? Like owning a couple 18 wheeler type trucks and paying drivers to drive them? Just curious how you got started, how you're doing, do you work with partners, etc. Seems like a potential BIG money maker for passive income, retirement, etc.

My cousin owns his own trucking company with 3 trucks I believe. He used to do long haul but now he just hauls grain for local farmers. Making a killing.

I've had an interest in it as well but I guess I can't help you with your situation because I would have to go OTR for a while and then want to come back and do what he is doing.

My cousin owns his own trucking company with 3 trucks I believe. He used to do long haul but now he just hauls grain for local farmers. Making a killing.

I've had an interest in it as well but I guess I can't help you with your situation because I would have to go OTR for a while and then want to come back and do what he is doing.
I've seen several trucks for around 45k. My plan was to finance one and pay a driver to haul. I've heard that one 'big rig' truck can produce $150k/year and that after paying fuel, insurance, driver, etc you could still make 50-70k for yourself. I have 0 experience but I know a few potential mentors. I gotta do something quick! Your cousin sounds like he's making it work which is great.

Back