Transformation Coming to the Bluff

It is extremely exciting to hear that almost a billion dollars in new construction will take place on the Baton Rouge campus over the next 10 years. I like the idea of the current Smith-Brown Student Union building being demolished and the space being turned into a green space (Quad) fronting upon the banks of Lake Kernan. The new STEM Complex and the new Business Complex look impressive.. And I am so glad to see demolition plans in the works for those four men's dorms ( Grandison, Owens, Smith & the other one) that are located near the stadium's westside entrance.

Last edited:

When are they gonna finish Jaguar Park?

Screen-Shot-2017-08-31-at-2.47.00-PM.png

images

It's been under construction since before our new Football Stadium was built.

I guess it's being scrapped since this is in that plan. This will be nice if they can get it built.

0e90c19e-baec-4ed3-90f8-3ea6304e87cc-jpeg.13937

This is why elections are very important. From the New Information Center, FEMA Disaster complex, New Police building, Gateway Project all are being paid for at no cost to SU by the state. From the DOT, FEMA, DOJ. SU has a grad in charge or someone in the governor's office. Celo Fields is head over the Educational Committee in the State Legislature and what he has done to get P1 and P2 funding is amazing for the new buildings as well as legislation and Army Core of Engineers for the BLUFF project. Elections matter

This is why elections are very important. From the New Information Center, FEMA Disaster complex, New Police building, Gateway Project all are being paid for at no cost to SU by the state. From the DOT, FEMA, DOJ. SU has a grad in charge or someone in the governor's office. Celo Fields is head over the Educational Committee in the State Legislature and what he has done to get P1 and P2 funding is amazing for the new buildings as well as legislation and Army Core of Engineers for the BLUFF project. Elections matter
Yes Sir, I agree with you that Senator Cleo Fields has been amazing. The Army Corp of Engineers was practically MIA until Fields got the ball rolling. Now it appears that it will bear some responsibility for fixing the erosion problem along the bluffs. Three hundred million of the $850M needed has already been secured and the campus will be abuzz with construction activity starting this spring. The 200-bed FEMA Disaster complex will be massive, and will be available for regular university use outside of disaster-related activity.

Ground will be broken on the new $70M STEM complex in 2023. This building will be located in the Academic Corridor across from TT Allain Hall.

Back